Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I bought her book "battlefield of the mind" and threw it in the garbage, because I read in the bible that women should not teach men in church and that women should be silent. I guess I misread that part and took it the wrong way at the time, I am now thinking of buying her book again because it was getting good.

Plus in the bible it says a women should have long hair.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
With regards to women not exercising authority over men - that is only in a local church setting. Joyce Meyer is not in a position of authority over you and you are not being called to submit to her authority by reading a book or hearing a conference of hers. If that is your holdup in reading her, then by all means continue doing so.

As for the quality of what she teaches, I recommend reviewing her work here: Joyce Meyer | CARM Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

Upvote 0

Clintos

Feb 3, 2017
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
✟27,562.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it ok for a man to listen to Joyce Meyers? Can a man lose his man card if he studies from her? or is the word the same coming from a man or a women towards a man?

Is there anything wrong with her teaching?

Hi Clintos,

I personally don't have a problem with reading or studying sources from women. In fact, I invite it since they sometimes bring to our consideration some social nuances that guys may overlook.

As far as Joyce Meyer's is concerned, my reading of her books wouldn't depend on whether she is a woman or not. However, my acceptance of what I read in one of Joyce Meyer's books, or hear in her radio messages or tv broadcasts, will depend on how well I think she actually reflects the biblical teaching.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing wrong with eating from a table when you are hungry. Whether it is man or woman, if they are teaching and preaching truth, then by all means dig in. I gained alot from her teachings in my early years from her ministry. I have read battlefield of the mind and it is a good book. If she stated that she is sinless, maybe you either misunderstood her, or she was stating something in reference to context, but nobody is sinless. May I suggest a preacher/teacher I LOVE LISTENING to and he is so gifted.....Robert Morris you can find alot of his vids on youtube, not that I am trying to stray you from listening to Joyce, just throwing that out there for ya, stay blessed my friend.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Is it ok for a man to listen to Joyce Meyers? Can a man lose his man card if he studies from her? or is the word the same coming from a man or a women towards a man?

I don't think that anyone should listen to Joyce Meyers, men, women, or children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Joyce Meyer's teaching helped me a lot for a time. Other than not being familiar with what she's said/written lately, she was great. She was good for self-help types of things, but I wouldn't use her theology as my cornerstone. Another good teacher was Kay Arthur (better for theology). There have to be many by now, since I'm thinking of 15+ years ago.

The command about authority over a man is between the woman and God and those who decide who may have authority over people. If she speaks the Truth, there is nothing wrong with learning from her.

Whether women can be pastors or elders depends on what is meant by "pastor" and "elder"—which has appeared to me to be based on individuals' understanding of the terms. Can a woman help Jesus shepherd younger women? I believe the Lord commanded they do so. If a woman throws you a life preserver when you are drowning, I don't think you need to think about who has thrown the life preserver to choose to use it. If a church member who is a Vice-President of Finance for a non-profit makes a suggestion to your church about finances, does it even matter if they have the label "elder" or not?
Nothing wrong with eating from a table when you are hungry.
Ha! I like this and agree. God speaks through children, unbelievers, and thunder, too, for those who can recognize his Word.
She says we are little gods and that she is sinless is this true?
Yes and no. It is true about who we are in Christ, but no one alive fully has the power that comes with that. This is an act "as you really are" issue (1 Corinthians 5:7). Her statement is true of who we really are, but it is an ongoing fight to behave that way. God grants us more transformation into that reality as we abide in Him and fight to behave as we really are in Christ. We still have a sinful nature and what we do is tainted with sin. The Truth of that is that we still sometimes sin (James 3:2).

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives. (1 John 1:10, 1984 NIV)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I bought her book "battlefield of the mind" and threw it in the garbage, because I read in the bible that women should not teach men in church and that women should be silent. I guess I misread that part and took it the wrong way at the time, I am now thinking of buying her book again because it was getting good.

You posted "women should not teach men in church"...were you in church when you read the book?

...as to the long hair....do you understand why? Do you think it could be a cultural thing of that time where the prostitutes had short hair and christian women shouldn't be confused with being a prostitute?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that anyone should listen to Joyce Meyers, men, women, or children.

I've never listened to Joyce Meyers, in fact don't even know who she is. Perhaps I'll google her....but, could you give me a quick reason as to what her problem is?

Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟27,741.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

"Battlefield of the mind" is excellent!! You will read a lot of bad stuff about her (from bible answer man/carm etc), but I have listened to Joyce Meyer solidly for 15 yrs, and they are taking her quotes out of context or simply too literal, and just don't know her or her complete teachings.

For example, when she said we are "little gods".. don't we have the Holy Spirit, the very presence of God living inside us? Aren't we called to be imitators of Christ. Aren't we being transformed into HIS likeness? She didn't mean to be blasphemous or imply that we are equiv to HIM at all! People just didn't like she said that (misjudged her)

Also, people say she uses "words as containers" .. or she is WORD of Faith.. absolutely NOT true. Again, I have listened to her for 15 years, seen her in person about 5 times, and read most her books. People don't know her, or all her teachings, so they hang onto a few things that she said that they "personally" aren't comfortable with, and totally misunderstand what she means.. These are the same people who listen to a few of Joel Osteen clips and decide he's a heretic too.

PS) I also listen to John MacArthur, James MacDonald, Allistair Begg, RC Sprowl, Charles Stanley, Greg Laurie, and JESUS CHRIST

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I was tracking with you until you said:
These are the same people who listen to a few of Joel Osteen clips and decide he's a heretic too.
Joel Osteen preaches the prosperity gospel which is absolutely, without question heresy.

You should go ask RC Sproul what he thinks of Osteen ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I've never listened to Joyce Meyers, in fact don't even know who she is. Perhaps I'll google her....but, could you give me a quick reason as to what her problem is?

The problems are too numerous to be quick in listing them.

There seems to be very little discernment in the church. Critical thinking is all but absent, and the way people throw money at Joyce Meyers is proof of that.

Joyce Meyer | CARM Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

Last edited:
Reactions: 2Timothy2:15
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Gwen-is-new!

The Lord is my rock!
Feb 25, 2016
United States
✟27,741.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was tracking with you until you said:
Joel Osteen preaches the prosperity gospel which is absolutely, without question heresy.

You should go ask RC Sproul what he thinks of Osteen ;)

HA HA.. RC is Presbyterian/Calvinist so I would have more important things to ask him ;)

In all seriousness, Joel's preaching was a lot different in 2006-2009 timeframe! Then the enemy started to use his gifts of encouraging and championing (not sure if that is a word) against him which has led to a man-centered gospel and poorly communicated theology. Isn't that so the enemy -- he loves to take our greatest strengths and turn them into our greatest weakness.

Upvote 0

BlackZeppelin

Sep 26, 2016
Australia
✟18,733.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I saw a bit of her program once where she suggested that if people are watching her broadcast, they should be supporting it financially.

Typical American televangelist that is a law unto themselves. In my country, if I subscribe for pay tv, I can watch what I want, when I want, how much I want. But twisted sister is a law over and above God and the country that says I can't watch her program without paying for it.

So simple solution. Never watch her program again.

Upvote 0