Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good attitude but lacking in reality. IN some cases (like true full hermaphrodism) the body is BOTH male and female. (one ovary, one teste) In the 1800s there were a couple of cases where the person impregnated themselves.

There can be no determination in such cases. So the church needs to decide (since there is exactly zero biblical guidance) where these people can go in the redeemed community and who they can morally marry, if they so desire.

Deformities like this is why Jesus said some eunuchs are born that way (Matthew 19:12). A person with a physical deformity doesn't define propriety; neither do we put blind people behind the wheel of a car because they identify as a seeing man.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That quote does not fit your argument, nor does it mean what you prolly think it means.
It means that we're all with Christ. That Male and Female, or White and Black, has no bearing on it.
Everyone is one with Christ, when they're a Christian.
Don't see the labels, only see them as a fellow Christian.

Has nothing to do with what you're saying, doesn't justify mutilating your body.
Nice goal post shift. The insistence that transgenderism is about mutilating anything is a dead giveaway, by the way.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're telling God what He sees now? If you're pulling a "God made everyone the way they're meant to be" argument, how do you feel about corrective surgery for harelips?
I don't think you should alter your appearance artificially, no.

You can clean yourself up.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Deformities like this is why Jesus said some eunuchs are born that way (Matthew 19:12). A person with a physical deformity doesn't define propriety; neither do we put blind people behind the wheel of a car because they identify as a seeing man.
We try to give blind people the treatment that results in the bet clinical outcomes. Why treat transgender people differently?

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Transgenderism isn't a case of what you look like. There are many transgender people who don't use HRT or surgical GRT at all. Speaking of ignorance.
So it's... about how they... feel...?
You seem to have slipped.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So it's... about how they... feel...?
You seem to have slipped.
Nice try. Remember the point about "feeling" was about having an entire medical team backing you up? But by all means, continue strawmanning transgender people.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nice goal post shift. The insistence that transgenderism is about mutilating anything is a dead giveaway, by the way.
So you don't think molding your penis into a vagina is mutilation... Or that carving the vagina into a vaguely ball shaped thing, and enlarging the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] into a weird looking penis, is mutilation?

Or is it about how they feel? Obviously not about how they feel, because you said it was not about how they felt. So what did you mean here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nice try. Remember the point about "feeling" was about having an entire medical team backing you up? But by all means, continue strawmanning transgender people.
If I have a mental condition that makes me feel like I'm 4, like an insanity thing or whatever. And I'm psychologically evaluated to be a 4 year old, would it be okay then O' great armoured?

By all means, keep disgracing the Lord with your false teachings, I can't stop you.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So you don't think molding your penis into a vagina is mutilation... Or that carving the vagina into a vaguely ball shaped thing, and enlarging the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] into a weird looking penis, is mutilation?
Is circumcision mutilation? Is what you describe an inherent part of being transgender?
Or is it about how they feel? Obviously not about how they feel, because you said it was not about how they felt. So what did you mean here?
Are you interested in learning, or scoffing and strawmanning?

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, when it happens to someone you know's kid, and they are offered maxillofacial surgery that would grant them a normal, happy life, be sure to tell them how wrong it is.
So he can't live a normal, happy life, with the harelip? How close minded is that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is circumcision mutilation? Is what you describe an inherent part of being transgender?
Are you interested in learning, or scoffing and strawmanning?
If changing your physical attributes does not pertain to transgender, then it is based on how they feel.

I cannot learn from someone who does not have the answers.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Be sure to try that out while telling your distraught new parent friends how wrong it is.
So you're saying the baby cannot live a normal happy life because of this? Why not?

My left eye is significantly smaller than my right, I have a pretty noticeable neck hump, I have a vestigial tail.
Can I not live a normal, happy life, with these deformities?

If the harelip somehow endangers the persons life, then you have no choice.
But cosmetic surgery, I am against it.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If changing your physical attributes does not pertain to transgender, then it is based on how they feel.
It is more than "mere" feelings. And I have no intention of getting into an imply than deny semantic discussion, thanks.
I cannot learn from someone who does not have the answers.
You didn't answer my question. I'll draw my own inference, then.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is more than "mere" feelings. And I have no intention of getting into an imply than deny semantic discussion, thanks.You didn't answer my question. I'll draw my own inference, then.
Then you don't have any points to present.

You're arguing for arguings sake

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.