South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been around for a while now and for years seen people lift up earthly men as Holy and wonderful.

I'll be the 1st to say I've done this in my past but no longer. What sad is not to long ago Pastors have said silly things about the passing of the late Billy Graham. (This isn't an opening to discuss Graham just a part of my main topic)

All people who are in the Fellowship today are equal in the eyes of the Lord. "For God is no respecter of persons..."

There are those who plant while others water yet God gets the harvest.

Look, there are those i enjoy listening to when they preach, most of which come from the internet and Youtube since many today have turned from sound teaching.

Lets turn to His Word and see if what is preached lines up with Scripture.

God bless folks

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been around for a while now and for years seen people lift up earthly men as Holy and wonderful.

I'll be the 1st to say I've done this in my past but no longer. What sad is not to long ago Pastors have said silly things about the passing of the late Billy Graham. (This isn't an opening to discuss Graham just a part of my main topic)

All people who are in the Fellowship today are equal in the eyes of the Lord. "For God is no respecter of persons..."

There are those who plant while others water yet God gets the harvest.

Look, there are those i enjoy listening to when they preach, most of which come from the internet and Youtube since many today have turned from sound teaching.

Lets turn to His Word and see if what is preached lines up with Scripture.

God bless folks

I wonder if it’s just being a new Christian. I use to look up to a few Ministers also. Wonder if this is what Paul meant when he said “they added nothing to me”

I thinking, when your one and one relationship with Christ has been established, your less likely to look up to man. Because you realize the only thing good in man, is how much Christ has been formed in the individual. (Just writing my thinks.)

Interesting subject ???

in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I just wanna hear well done good and faithful servant. ENTER IN.
I listened to the crusades not long ago and the thought came to me, What if Billy had done this in 2018? Would there have been so many people attend the rallies and give their lives to Christ?
Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think we need to be wary of who we put on pedestals, but certain people should be honored.
And I would think Billy Graham should be one of those.
Because of his ministry many people became believers on there way to eternal life.

1 Timothy 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

Upvote 0

Christian_Follower

http://seekingbiblicaltruth.weebly.com
Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do see new believers look to men and some of these men take advantage of them...

A well known Pastor said of Billy Graham "he was the greatest apostle since the apostle Paul"

This was my issue.... Men praising men, placing them on pedestals...

I wish we could all work together and love each other without placing praise...

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do see new believers look to men and some of these men take advantage of them...

A well known Pastor said of Billy Graham "he was the greatest apostle since the apostle Paul"

This was my issue.... Men praising men, placing them on pedestals...

I wish we could all work together and love each other without placing praise...
My plea is: Look at doctrine from the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

meyerjd

Feb 15, 2017
Iowa
✟33,243.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I work as a funeral director so in the course of my work I've come to view ministers as regular, ordinary people. They all have their flaws too. A good friend of mine who happens to be pastor in the evangelical free church had an affair with my wife, got her pregnant, and split the cost of an abortion with her. He's a regular, ordinary man with flaws just like the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Christian_Follower

http://seekingbiblicaltruth.weebly.com
Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, its true we all have flaws but to willing engage in sinful behavior or to knowing misled people is beyond "being human" its rebellion against the Almighty.

To many justify their behavior by claiming " no ones perfect" but we were told we dont have to engage in sin... Put off the old man and live as one redeemed... We must begin the process of sanctification once we have been justified

I struggle all the time.. Especially right now with my heavy and broken heart, but i love my wife and will not break my vows simply because right now i'm hurting... God is in control

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums