United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this okay?

I have nothing against it and actually prefer it. I actually retain more of what I am taught in comparison to listening to a man talk.

Then again, most of my friends are female anyway, so there is that.

Reactions: Praising Him
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Is this okay?
You have to ask yourself, why not? If the woman is not exercising authority then she is not out of order. As a 69 year old, conservative male, I do not accept that women can be elders or have authority over men. At the same time, I have the utmost respect for Joyce Meyer. She knows what true submission is. She is living proof that God can transform the most broken life, male or female. She's been in ministry for decades and I've seen the transformation. Listen and be blessed.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have to ask yourself, why not? If the woman is not exercising authority then she is not out of order. As a 69 year old, conservative male, I do not accept that women can be elders or have authority over men. At the same time, I have the utmost respect for Joyce Meyer. She knows what true submission is. She is living proof that God can transform the most broken life, male or female. She's been in ministry for decades and I've seen the transformation. Listen and be blessed.

i love Joyce Meyer i relate to her as my upbringing was very like hers. except my dad was a christian in ministry. but stil same kind of upbringing. i find her book on healing from that situation very helpful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is this okay?

i go to a church where there is woman minister. i find God uses her.

if it is a sin for her to minsiter, it is betwen her and God, others aqre responsible for their sins. we are not responsible for anyone sinning.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh no, it is the teaching of the Bible. Since I am single, I am not a head of anything so that not my question.
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. " - 1 Tim 2:12

He's not saying a man should not listen to a woman who is teaching women and children, but rather that a woman should not teach or exercise authority over a man. The onus is on her, and also on the church leadership to clearly define her role, not male would-be listeners. She's still free to teach women and children. And if you decide to read a book or listen to a podcast or watch a video by women for women, you're not making her a sinner, nor are you sinning yourself (except in cases of weird and perverse motivations). Furthermore, if she is under the authority of a male in ministry, it is not sinful for him to listen in on a lesson she is giving at all, nor is it wrong if he learns something from it. That's a supervisory review, not usurping authority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scriptural Word about women teaching is a ref. to the Church. They are to be silent in the collective assembly. A female saint of God can surely witness to all she meets. She may be more Godly than some professing Christian men. Within the Assembly a sister in the Lord can be supportive and serve in many ways to encourage and help the gathering go on well, but she must not speak publicly in the meetings or be counseling other gathered saints. She needs to learn at home ---reading her Bible and/or speaking with a Christian about questions and issues. God values the dear sisters in the Lord and speaks of that often in His Word.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The scriptural Word about women teaching is a ref. to the Church. They are to be silent in the collective assembly. A female saint of God can surely witness to all she meets. She may be more Godly than some professing Christian men. Within the Assembly a sister in the Lord can be supportive and serve in many ways to encourage and help the gathering go on well, but she must not speak publicly in the meetings or be counseling other gathered saints. She needs to learn at home ---reading her Bible and/or speaking with a Christian about questions and issues. God values the dear sisters in the Lord and speaks of that often in His Word.

you say she has to "learn at home" by why only at home? Why not also at a bible study or going to bible college (not to become a pastor but just from interest or for mission work or something)? Women these days have jobs as well.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one said a woman should not learn! The statement: 'learn at home' is a Bible verse, which means she can study also at home without speaking out in the Assembly; talk with other Christians anywhere, etc. Read all references in the Bible about the woman's place and you can learn the mind of God.

Reactions: ServantJohn
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No one said a woman should not learn! The statement: 'learn at home' is a Bible verse, which means she can study also at home without speaking out in the Assembly; talk with other Christians anywhere, etc. Read all references in the Bible about the woman's place and you can learn the mind of God.

But a woman's place isnt just in the home these days. That scripture was when women didnt have careers etc what about nowadays when we work are we allowed to preach in the workplace?

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

also can't a woman preach the gospel on the streets? The being a keeper at home refers to wives and mothers but what about if youa re single and have no children and have plenty of time to preach?

Upvote 0