Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know that this is a few days late (as the funeral has already taken place), however one of the priests of my former home parish fell asleep in the Lord earlier this week.

His name was Fr. John Garvey. He had retired a few years ago from New York and moved to Washington state to be closer to his family. He was a good priest and one whom I respected a great deal partly because he was a fellow ex-Roman Catholic like myself and also because when he would preach he had the ability to take the complex bits of Orthodox theology and make it very understandable.

He also wrote a regular column for a Roman Catholic magazine (they didn't care that he was an Orthodox priest). Below is the link to his last article which I'd like to share in his memory.
https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/remembering-were-not-charge

Memory eternal Fr. John :crosseo:

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know that this is a few days late (as the funeral has already taken place), however one of the priests of my former home parish fell asleep in the Lord earlier this week.

His name was Fr. John Garvey. He had retired a few years ago from New York and moved to Washington state to be closer to his family. He was a good priest and one whom I respected a great deal partly because he was a fellow ex-Roman Catholic like myself and also because when he would preach he had the ability to take the complex bits of Orthodox theology and make it very understandable.

He also wrote a regular column for a Roman Catholic magazine (they didn't care that he was an Orthodox priest). Below is the link to his last article which I'd like to share in his memory.
https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/remembering-were-not-charge

Memory eternal Fr. John :crosseo:

Thank you for posting his column. He sounds like a thoughtful and helpful priest. In just my short experience so far, I see some of the truth he speaks about there.

May his memory be eternal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums