• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Memories of Abuse and Torture

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am more and more aware that I have been tortured. It was ritual abuse but it felt more and was more like torture. I realized the people who hurt me wanted to drive me insane or make me kill myself. They threatened to torture me my whole life. I have prayed to God to ask why they did that to me but the sense I get is that they just did not care about me at all. I am glad to no longer have to see any of them. I realize that they were extremely cruel people. I also realize they do not know me at all. I prayed to God to help me continue to pray for them because in doing so I am healing them from their evil. It is hard to pray for them but it is becoming easier. A lot was taken from me,which hurts, but I know the people who hurt me were taken over by the devil and not themselves at all. They do not understand me, nor do they understand my Christianity. I feel they hurt me because I am Christian. They made me Christian by force but when I became a Christian they did not respect it. They treated me like I was not a true Christian and that I was evil. I am glad to have Christianity to help heal me. My Christianity is different from the one they gave me. It is gentle and does not abuse and God helps me cope. I love praying to God, knowing he is loving and good.

• Friendly
Reactions: DeerGlow