Memo to NBC: What the hell is wrong with you?

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm curious, Fantine---would you say the same about someone who, oh, say, had a problem with the way the Holy See is handling the recalcitrant American nuns?

"If they don't like the way the Vatican does things, they don't have to follow the Vatican. They don't have to stomp their feet and throw fits about it."

Do enlighten us---I'm intensely curious.

I just read a quote in the Richard Rohr, OFM book that answers that question better than I can.

"The "adepts" in all religions are always forgiving, compassionate, and radically inclusive....Jesus the Jew criticizes his own religion the most, yet never leaves it."

(Yes, I think a lot of nuns read Richard Rohr, OFM, because they are in 'the second stage of life.')

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just a quick "off topic": Just a reminder about http://www.christianforums.com/t7665464/ because of a particular signature.

Sometimes it's good not to mock something that is not understood. (And sometimes it's not good to citicize a medical treatment period--like the priest in my liberal parish insisting that no one should even think of getting a heart transplant until everyone had basic health care. Medical care is medical care and I think someone dying because he needs a heart transplant would agree.)

My own state sends disadvantaged children with cerebal palsy to this therapy by me. (This type of therapy is improves muscle tone and balance for a number of neurological diseases.

The Olympics are a big thing. (Or else Obama would not have tried to get them held in Chicago--obviously another site was chosen.) Was surprised about that Danish Silver Medalist for dressage.

And it wasn't too long ago that wives and mothers were expected to stay at home with their families (that was their job) instead of selling their time to a stranger and letting yet another stranger take care of their family and raise their children.

Now back to our regularly discussion of "Memo to NBC: What the hell is wrong with you?"

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am actually very sympathetic to Mrs. Romney's condition, AMDG.

It is just the callous disregard for the health of other MS patients that her husband has displayed that concerns me.

After all, eventually every MS patient will be on Medicare. And if an MS patient, with prescriptions that cost thousands of dollars a month, gets a voucher, exactly how many insurance companies will accept him at any price?

Ann Romney's health crisis should inspire her husband to compassion for others who are suffering with far fewer resources to deal with the side effects.

But I will change my signature line if you are offended by it.

If Romney's family has a foundation connected somewhere to those offshore accounts in nine different countries--like the Caymans--perhaps they will set up a charity to provide riding for the disabled.

I won't hold my breath...

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
After all, eventually every MS patient will be on Medicare.

Or an individual state can have a program (like the state where I now live does). Of course I guess that would be a tad difficult in your cities in northern east coast states. (I actually never heard of it before until a riding academy by me was featured in the newspaper a few years ago. There seem to be many things that some folks consider "entertainment" that are used for therapy. Friend's daughter was perscribed swimming and an older neighbor lady by me was given it in a heated pool at the local hospital. Never heard of golf or "hoops" being used for therapy, but who knows--perhaps the walking and eye/hand coordination required...) And I think we all should remember that "one size does not fit all". Medical care is individual. What works (and is right) for one person is not what everyone is to have.

Upvote 0