Sep 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Visit site
✟4,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, What's the story behind everybody's names on CF? Mine...
Mine makes it very clear that I believe in God's grace being all-sufficient. I wanted to make it clear what I believed... they only give us 18 letters... but.. when I was in another forum(an apologetics forum), I was always wondering if people were even Christians or not, They would write about controversial issues, and the only thing you knew about them was their name, usually something like bigstarperson or universegazer... you could never figure out what they believed, then you would ask them, and they wouldn't even lay it out for you, it was just a giant goose chase trying to even figured out what people believed. Needless, I'm out of there now. But I will post later exactly what I believe, layed out, so that everybody knows.
But, what does your name mean?

SmileAndAHandshake

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2003
✟19,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The word Emmetropia means "perfect vision" from a medical eye stand point, heh. And the word ametropia is the exact opposite.. it means you have something wrong with your eyes, like near sightedness or something along those lines...

But I use "ametropia" in the metaphorical meaning of "imperfect vision"

- ame

Upvote 0

forgivin

Christian, Gamer, DJ
Oct 6, 2003
Atlanta,GA. (Snellville)/ Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟8,129.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
I use the name fogivin in everything; E-mail address, Xbox Live Gamertag, forums,….. It means I am Forgiven. It is misspelled to prevent some from claiming that I'm using something sacred as a name or tag. But I'm proud of it. And I love being in non-Christian situations like Xbox Live or gamer forums and people ask and I get to explain. By the grace of God and through Jesus Christ I am Forgiven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bravesaz

Jul 5, 2003
AZ
Visit site
✟289.00
Faith
Christian
I'm an Atlanta Braves fan who lives in AZ. I adopted this name years ago because 1) It tells what baseball team I love and 2) it's a unisex name and no one will know what my sex is--unless I chose to tell them. Before someone clicks on my profile, yes that's a dead give away, but I figured I was safe on this forum! But when I go to pogo to play games no one knows.

Reactions: Alessandro
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
:wave: I was an orphan until the age of 8. I was shuffled around to various orphanages and foster homes. A few years after I was adopted my parents divorced. I was shuffled back and forth between my parents. I never had good relationships with parental figures. However, my Heavenly Father will never leave His children, so that is why I picked to be His_child.

Upvote 0

SqueakyGerbil

Aug 6, 2003
British Columbia
Visit site
✟15,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-NDP
I wanted a name that I could use on a number of different message boards without having to add a number or something of the like. I was trying to find one that hadn't been taken on a certain site and remembered when my fiance asked me for a name that he could use for a character on a game. I wasn't paying attention to him but talking to one of our pet gerbils (named Squeaker because all she does is squeak in a happy way when you pick her up) and I said to the gerbil "Squeaky Gerbil, Squeaky Gerbil, You're my little Squeaky Gerbil" and my fiance thought I was talking to him.

Tried it on that board and found that it is very rare for me to find a board that already has a SqueakyGerbil.

Upvote 0

Dandelion

Sep 23, 2003
Iowa
✟15,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I chose my name because I like dandelions. I think they give yards some color in the spring set against the new green grass.

And most people consider dandelions weeds and sometimes I feel like a weed no one wants, but God will always see me as a beautiful flower no matter what everyone else sees.

Upvote 0