Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
examples?

His from Patheos:

Christofascism on the rise: First lady Melania Trump opens President Donald Trump’s fascist rally with a prayer.

Trump held a campaign like rally at the Orlando-Melbourne International Airport in Melbourne, Florida, on Saturday, February 18. First lady Melania Trump opened the rally by reciting the Lord’s Prayer.

The Brownshirts cheered as Dear Leader’s mail-order bride paid lip service to a God that does not exist.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,620.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have any evidence that the media has been sneering at her?

It seems to me that most people feel she is unhappy, thrust into a role she didn't want, and, of course, married to Donald Trump. They are sympathetic to how difficult her life must be.

Trump Tower is deluged with protesters daily. When we visited NY, my niece's boyfriend, who works a few blocks away, say they can hear the protesters from their high rise offices---a few blocks away. "We laugh," he said. He said that 99% of his colleagues aren't Trump supporters, which sounds about right for residents of my home state.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Do you have any evidence that the media has been sneering at her?

It seems to me that most people feel she is unhappy, thrust into a role she didn't want, and, of course, married to Donald Trump. They are sympathetic to how difficult her life must be.

Trump Tower is deluged with protesters daily. When we visited NY, my niece's boyfriend, who works a few blocks away, say they can hear the protesters from their high rise offices---a few blocks away. "We laugh," he said. He said that 99% of his colleagues aren't Trump supporters, which sounds about right for residents of my home state.

I wonder if those daily protesters at trump Tower hold down full time jobs or collect public assistance.

I know I don't have the time to daily stomp my feet in front if Trump Tower.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟172,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I found it refreshing but the media has been sneering at her.
My issue isn't that it was the Lord's prayer or praying at all. I feel like the whole scenario was simply designed as another way to manipulate people- and I don't think Melania is the one that came up with the idea. I am always skeptical when religion and prayer is used in such a way. I'm sorry, but I am. However, I am also concerned as to how manipulated and controlled Melania Trump herself is.

Upvote 0

zara<3

Feb 15, 2017
earth
✟11,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gotta feel sorry for Melania. Being married to Trump is bad enough, but to have to act happy about the fact, in public, is even tougher.

Mark 13:13

Speculating on how Melania 'feels' isn't an argument.
Are we really so low as to put down someone's marriage because we don't like a political outcome?

Bless her for being brave and doing something beautiful.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder if those daily protesters at trump Tower hold down full time jobs or collect public assistance.

I know I don't have the time to daily stomp my feet in front if Trump Tower.

Subsidies from the DNC and/or George Soros might help...

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
My issue isn't that it was the Lord's prayer or praying at all. I feel like the whole scenario was simply designed as another way to manipulate people- and I don't think Melania is the one that came up with the idea. I am always skeptical when religion and prayer is used in such a way. I'm sorry, but I am. However, I am also concerned as to how manipulated and controlled Melania Trump herself is.

Religion has always been intertwined in our life in the US. We pray during the inauguration, our money says "in God we trust". Our pledge of allegiance says "one nation under God"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Mark 13:13

Speculating on how Melania 'feels' isn't an argument.
Are we really so low as to put down someone's marriage because we don't like a political outcome?

Bless her for being brave and doing something beautiful.

Unfortunately many do stoop that low.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Religion has always been intertwined in our life in the US. We pray during the inauguration, our money says "in God we trust". Our pledge of allegiance says "one nation under God"
And every session of Congress opens with prayer, as does every day Supreme Court. Prayer is a part of public life in the USA.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟172,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And every session of Congress opens with prayer, as does every day Supreme Court. Prayer is a part of public life in the USA.
I might be more convinced if the Trumps had a proven track record of taking religion and faith seriously.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I might be more convinced if the Trumps had a proven track record of taking religion and faith seriously.
I've never heard that Melania isn't a Christian or doesn't pray.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0