Mel Gibson's "The Passion"

Jerome

Aug 8, 2003
✟140.00
Did everyone see where Fox has refused to distribute Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion"?

I think all Christians should boycott Fox.

Christians can no longer sit idle while the Ten Commandments are thrown out of our courtrooms and Neo-Nazi Liberals deep-six Christian movies because they happen to be about Jesus Christ.

Anyone else up for a boycott?

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You called FOX Neo-Nazies and I think that's a bit of a stretch. As for FOX being Liberal that is just too funny.

FOX might have decided to boycot the movie because some Jewish groups have expressed concern that the movie might encourage anti-semitism.

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Jerome said:
Did everyone see where Fox has refused to distribute Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion"?

I think all Christians should boycott Fox.

Christians can no longer sit idle while the Ten Commandments are thrown out of our courtrooms and Neo-Nazi Liberals deep-six Christian movies because they happen to be about Jesus Christ.

Anyone else up for a boycott?
YES! LETS BOYCOTT FOX! Come on, who's with me?

Upvote 0

Jerome

Aug 8, 2003
✟140.00
ACougar said:
You called FOX Neo-Nazies and I think that's a bit of a stretch. As for FOX being Liberal that is just too funny.

FOX might have decided to boycot the movie because some Jewish groups have expressed concern that the movie might encourage anti-semitism.

I understand Fox's concern about anti-semitism, and I think it's completely bogus.

By the way, what about anti-christianism? Why is it that none of the big distributors get uncomfortable releasing movies like "The Last Temptation of Christ" or "Dogma"; and the Brooklyn Museum doesn't seem to have a problem with pictures of Jesus and Mary made out of elephant manure? If "The Passion" is anti-semitic because it depicts the death of Jesus at the hands of Jewish leaders, then where was the Anti-Defamation League when "The Last Temptation of Christ" came out? Did they decide that movie wasn't anti-semitic enough because it passed the hostility-to-Christian-faith test and depicted Jesus fantasizing about Mary Magdelene? Why don't those folk who told Mayor Giuliano to be more tolerant about the picture of Mary with manure all over her practice what they preach? Or are Christians supposed to sit by and say "Oh gee, what a great opportunity for me to show how tolerant I can be while other people bash my faith?"

I think Christians in this country have been living under a double standard for too long. It's time to do something about it!

I'm boycotting Fox!

Upvote 0

Bruce S

Dec 28, 2002
✟1,232.00
Faith
Protestant
Basically bigotry AGAINST Christians, pressure groups with an agenda, led by Abe Foxman and the ADL, notorious for grandstanding on any issue that intimidates others, gives them more power, and hence, brings in more bucks for them from their donors.

Not the first time they have lied and twisted things, nor the last.

Next the Gospels, yeah, tear out the Ten Commandments, ban Christian movies, promote the minority opinion that ONE group was the only group that suffered immensely, trash everyone else and yell, yammer, and stomp feet.

Hollywood is laughing hard right now, they won. But there comes a day..... and someone without the right pass card will NOT be chuckling on that day, will they?

Upvote 0

Bruce S

Dec 28, 2002
✟1,232.00
Faith
Protestant
Just a little background on how the ADL works for those who naively think they are a GOOD outfit....

Whenever you take up a subject like [Christ's crucifixion] it does bring out a lot of enemies," he said. His private life, his banking records, charities he supports, friends, business associates and family members have all undergone scrutiny in the investigation, he told Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly in January. "I'm a big boy," said Gibson. "I can take care of myself, but when you start messing around with my 85-year-old father, watch out," referring to attempts to scrutinize the beliefs of the actor's father, Hutton Gibson.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jerome said:
I understand Fox's concern about anti-semitism, and I think it's completely bogus.

By the way, what about anti-christianism? Why is it that none of the big distributors get uncomfortable releasing movies like "The Last Temptation of Christ" or "Dogma"; and the Brooklyn Museum doesn't seem to have a problem with pictures of Jesus and Mary made out of elephant manure? If "The Passion" is anti-semitic because it depicts the death of Jesus at the hands of Jewish leaders, then where was the Anti-Defamation League when "The Last Temptation of Christ" came out? Did they decide that movie wasn't anti-semitic enough because it passed the hostility-to-Christian-faith test and depicted Jesus fantasizing about Mary Magdelene? Why don't those folk who told Mayor Giuliano to be more tolerant about the picture of Mary with manure all over her practice what they preach? Or are Christians supposed to sit by and say "Oh gee, what a great opportunity for me to show how tolerant I can be while other people bash my faith?"

I think Christians in this country have been living under a double standard for too long. It's time to do something about it!

I'm boycotting Fox!

FOX is a pretty fascist organization and I can't blame you for wanting to boycot them despite the fact that I believe your reasoning is a little flawed.

Thier is an alliance in this country between Coorperate powerhouses who are practicly returning us to an age of feudalism, Religious groups who stand to gain a lot of power with this rise of feaudalism and Zionists who see anything that strengthens Israel as good. I am glad that it is at least an uneasy alliance and I hope and pray that it does not last much longer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Jerome said:

I'm boycotting Fox!
But, but... refuse to release Dogma? The greatest comedy ever? That would just be wrong, at least as wrong as refusing to release this movie. Just goes to show that Fox is conservative on corperations, but when it comes to any other issue they run at the first sign of trouble.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
talui said:
I think we're starting to see the split now. The Oilmongers and the Zionmongers are beginning to diverge over Iraq.

I don't know, if we focus on enriching our coorperations the Iraqies slowly become more enraged, terrorism grows, the United States takes more steps to fight terrorism and eventually Israeli and U.S. troops are fighting side by side in the middle east. I think I would puke if I found myself side by side with a member of the IDF or any other terrorist organization.

Upvote 0