Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The IMDB website, an online movie database, says the picture is in development and scheduled for release in 2022.

Progress is being made on Mel Gibson’s sequel to The Passion of the Christ, which is now in its third draft, the actor Jim Caviezel has said.

Asked about the movie by Breitbart News earlier this month, Caviezel, who played Jesus in the 2004 The Passion of the Christ, replied: “Mel Gibson just sent me the third picture, the third draft. It’s coming. It’s called The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection.”

Caviezel added: “It’s going to be the biggest film in world history” and would depict the events surrounding Christ’s Resurrection.

The IMDB website, an online movie database, says the picture is in development and scheduled for release in 2022.

Rumors of a sequel date back to 2016 when Gibson announced he was teaming up with Randall Wallace, screenwriter of the 1995 Gibson picture Braveheart, to make the movie.

Efforts were then made to have many of the cast of The Passion of the Christ, which was released in 2004,reprise their roles. They naturally included Caviezel, but others have agreed to star in the film including Maia Morgenstern who played the Blessed Virgin Mary, Christo Jivkov, who played Pilate, and Francesco De Vito who portrayed St. Peter.

Continued below.
Mel Gibson Working On Sequel to ‘The Passion of the Christ,’ Says Jim Caviezel

• Informative
Reactions: venksta

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I liked The Passion, but the type of filming was distracting to me. I know Mel had a budget to work with-in, but the film/picture itself seem too bright and not like the usual movie.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
This part of the article was right on.

Speaking also to Fox News Nightly this week, Caviezel warned against priests and bishops being apathetic in the face of “cancel culture,” sitting back while churches and statues are being burned and destroyed, and keeping churches closed at a time when people need them open, especially those who are being driven to suicide. Such “collaboration” with governors and mayors, he warned, is “where the persecution starts.”

“There are many of us now who are flat-out Judases, Pontius Pilates or Pharisees,” he said, and voiced his disgust that it is not possible to “tell the difference between a priest, a bishop or a politician.” The cause, he said, is “lukewarmness and Christ has a very special place for them and they know it.”

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0