Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Most of us want to meet that special someone but what are you doing to meet someone new? Do you have any special hang out places, do you take any classes, volunteer, or spend time going to different events?

At this point I just work and spend time with friends. I have degrees so I'm done with school for now... I think my brain is fried from reading so many textbooks lol. I have a new apartment so I'm still in the unpacking and decorating phase. I am not really going out much other than that. What about you?

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most of us want to meet that special someone but what are you doing to meet someone new? Do you have any special hang out places, do you take any classes, volunteer, or spend time going to different events?

At this point I just work and spend time with friends. I have degrees so I'm done with school for now... I think my brain is fried from reading so many textbooks lol. I have a new apartment so I'm still in the unpacking and decorating phase. I am not really going out much other than that. What about you?
I try when the opportunity convinces me it is worth trying.

I try not think that things I do can find me love. I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and honestly, I would never plan to find love through that because simply, we are building houses for poor people and three guys walking in the ghetto appreciated what we were doing so much that, that means more than finding someone through that.

My friends are shocked that I have a rule with my bowling league...no dating anyone on the league. The last thing I want is some vindictive ex, getting in the way of my game. I am competitive so that would be aggravating if that would come up. I don't put too much past people when breakups happen.

Work? Screw that. I have done that. One good ending and one bad. One bad is bad enough and that one was back when I was 21 but I didn't forget the lessons. I am there to work and make a living, not finding someone to be with romantically.

When I had a golf membership...same rule of thumb as above. That golf course was my safe haven and I wasn't open minded to lose that one little spot that I could call, "heaven" over some woman. It was where I went to be away from a woman and the problems I had with her. It was where I went to run away from my problems with my father, with my frustrations love. There isn't that good of sex out there to lose something like that, or some amazing personality to give that up.

I am selfish and when I find something, I'll burn before I let it go.

Point being, I just don't think that finding someone through things I do, is something that I intentionally aim for. If I find someone through avenues like above and others that I end up spending the rest of my life with, I will no doubt go through my predictably epiphany/cliched moments of, "I was wrong and the point is?" :)

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
not enough. right now. right now the only potential places i could meet someone is online or work. or randomly at the grocery store or coffee place or something. this year I'm planning on pushing myself to be *alot* more social. Not really so much to meet a guy (I don't think I'll want to date again before I move anyhow), but just to fill out my time with more productive things.

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You have NO idea how much I relate to this. My head, heart, emotions, is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I am completely tired. ^_^

Its weird the real world after finishing school.
So my plan is to just live my life now. There are days I feel I have no purpose anymore. I don't have a focus, so I'm in the, "find a new challenge" mode but all parts of my body are screaming, "NO CHALLENGES! RELAX TIME."
So baby steps in that...if I meet someone on the way then wonderful, if not then its okay, I am sort of used to be alone anyways. Though, I don't want that anymore. I am focused on healing, pouring a lot of time and energy on how I communicate with God (which helps me emotionally), and the gym (so, so, so many people there. Talk to a few but its a nice place to socialize and work out at the same time). :)

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My answer would probably be different if I were childless. Most of my time is spent taking care of my son, or working. Really very little (almost zero) time for other things. I've had to give it up to God, cause He knows our situation, and He can handle it much better than I could :)

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Church, work, home. Church, work, home. Church, work, home. See a pattern?

At any rate, I'm pretty comfortable with being alone for now, and when God sents my mate, it'll be awesome.

No worries; He has me in the palm of His hand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
A combination of Sara's and Vicky's responses. My lifestyle's completely different now and I'm okay with it. I feel in some ways that I should hurry up and meet someone, but I don't really want to. I'm just not ready.

I don't make time for it. I could, but I don't. I go out with friends perhaps once every few months and that's honestly okay with me... and even then, it's not a situation where I'm open to meeting someone else; I'm quite literally meeting up with friends I want to see and catch up with. For right now, I have an online profile on a "dating" website and am just seeing what can be done with that as that's pretty much the only thing I have time to entertain. It's so casual though... so casual and not serious.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Although I'm not opposed to pursuing a relationship with the right kind of woman if I bump into one, I'm not actively looking at the moment. At the end of the day I usually just want to relax, exercise, play with my cat, work on hobbies, make dinner, take out the trash etc. As sad as this may sound, the day only has so many hours and I need my sleep. Don't get me wrong, I crave female companionship as much as ever, but it's hard to find my type and real world responsibilities take priority.

Upvote 0