Meeting places don't have altars! Temples have altars!

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
The people actually have the audacity to call a hand built temple the house of the Lord.

The altar of the Lord is our heart don't you know Christ abolished temple worship?!

We do not have to go here or there to worship.

How dare we call anything built with hands the house of the Lord?!
How dare we to build an altar with our hands!
This is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord!

____Acts 7:48-53 (King James Version)
48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool : what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? 50 Hath not my hand made all these things? 51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted ? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Acts 17:23-34

King James Version (KJV)

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
33 So Paul departed from among them.
34 Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with
_________________________________________________________________________________________

2 Timothy 4:3-4

King James Version (KJV)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables
_____________________________________________________________________________________

2 Peter 2:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
The Lord dwell in you it is possible to talk with Him just like you were walking in the Garden with Him

Acts 10:34-35

King James Version (KJV)

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Romans 2:11-16

King James Version (KJV)

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
The Lord dwell in you it is possible to talk with Him just like you were walking in the Garden with Him

King James Version (KJV)

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

King James Version (KJV)

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

The true teacher has made himself available to us all!

Luke 14:26

Just little ole me screaming self examination

Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please take the time to carefully review :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

2win

Dec 11, 2008
✟64,388.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I would like to know exactly what is meant when some one is refered to as a troll? I tbink there is atleast one ne better used for some one "trying to lead people away from trutnh in God . I see there are several who I dearly respect on the Baptist forum that aren't wasting their time on this thread. May God bless those of you who have patience to post on this thread. I think ot os a gpod thing for some folks that God don't stroke them dead forlyong to the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
I would like to know exactly what is meant when some one is refered to as a troll? I tbink there is atleast one ne better used for some one "trying to lead people away from trutnh in God . I see there are several who I dearly respect on the Baptist forum that aren't wasting their time on this thread. May God bless those of you who have patience to post on this thread. I think ot os a gpod thing for some folks that God don't stroke them dead forlyong to the Holy Spirit.

If you would like to attempt to correct me with the word of God I will allow you to publicly give it a shot.

I offer this opportunity to anyone who would like to test me.

But this constant battery I receive that spews from the hearts of people is getting old. please break out your bible and your best understanding please.

This is a loving request not a threat I grow tired of people lashing out at me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Poe, refers to "Poe's Law".

Poe's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The law and its meaning

Poe's law, in broader form, is:
Without a blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of extremism or fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.[2]
The core of Poe's law is that a parody of something extreme by nature becomes impossible to differentiate from sincere extremism. A corollary of Poe's law is the reverse phenomenon: sincere fundamentalist beliefs being mistaken for a parody of that belief.[2]
History

The statement called Poe's law was formulated in 2005 by Nathan Poe on the website christianforums.com in a debate about creationism. The original sentence read:
Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake [it] for the genuine article."[3]
The sentiments expressed by Poe date back much earlier – at least to 1983, when Jerry Schwarz in a post on Usenet wrote:[4]
8. Avoid sarcasm and facetious remarks.

Without the voice inflection and body language of personal communication these are easily misinterpreted. A sideways smile, :), has become widely accepted on the net as an indication that "I'm only kidding". If you submit a satiric item without this symbol, no matter how obvious the satire is to you, do not be surprised if people take it seriously.
Another precedent posted on Usenet dates to 2001. Following the well-known schema of Arthur Clarke's Third law, Alan Morgan wrote:[5] "Any sufficiently advanced parody is indistinguishable from a genuine kook."

Constant spamming, bumping threads, repeated replying not to others but to one's own posts, and frequently not really conversing with the others participating in a thread, but what appears to be more or less shouting "look at me", and cutting and pasting scripture with no real explanation and no time being taken to explain in your own words why it is specifically relevant... and other similar behaviors, makes me think of Poe's Law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums