Meeting places don't have altars! Temples have altars!

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
What is your point in all of this? Do you think that God is going to zap us all in to hell if we have an "altar" in our church building?

Seriously, you need to study up on exactly how the temple worship was conducted before you go condemning and judging those who have "altars" in their church buildings. It's a far cry from the sacrificial practices of the Hebrews.

To me, it looks like you're giving us another "personal" vision from your "shekinah glory". Is that what this is?

Matthew 16:23

King James Version (KJV)

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 1:15-22

King James Version (KJV)

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:
:preach:

Upvote 0

ST1TCH

Mar 19, 2013
Texas
✟15,222.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

To me, it looks like you're giving us another "personal" vision from your "shekinah glory". Is that what this is?

Not aware of this user's history but if this is something they're professing, maybe this person should check out a Pentecostal church....

Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
John 14:1-14

King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Upvote 0

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not aware of this user's history but if this is something they're professing, maybe this person should check out a Pentecostal church....

My thoughts exactly. He seems to be more of a Pentecostal than a Baptist. The mods should do something about this.

Check out this post:

The Shekinah Glory was sent again! The blinding Light! I was not blinded I was paralyzed by it!

From this thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7737502/

Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
What is your point in all of this? Do you think that God is going to zap us all in to hell if we have an "altar" in our church building?

Seriously, you need to study up on exactly how the temple worship was conducted before you go condemning and judging those who have "altars" in their church buildings. It's a far cry from the sacrificial practices of the Hebrews.

Matthew 16:23

King James Version (KJV)

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

I know that you are not Satan himself. But I do know without a doubt you are listening to an unclean spirit.

Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married

Different color same taste nothing new under the sun.

Upvote 0

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married

*cheers* I struck my point across! You see that there Is an altar in the temple!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Huh? You DIDN'T get any point across. Do you even have one?
My point is very clear the so called meeting place that the worship services of the churches are being held in are not meeting places they are temples.
I am not speaking against the church I am speaking against the temples.
(Temples have altars not meeting places)

Different color same flavor/taste

Nothing new under the sun!

King James Version (KJV)

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church

Upvote 0

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is very clear the so called meeting place that the worship services of the churches are being held in are not meeting places they are temples.

Almost any Baptist (and other denomination) church meeting place (building) will have an "altar" up front where people go to kneel in prayer, take communion, etc.

The modern-day building that some denominations may call a "temple" is nothing more than a church meeting house. Quit trying to equate the ancient temple in Jerusalem and it's sacrificial and worship rituals with the today's congregational worship. It's just silly, and NOT "thus saith the Lord". You're not a prophet, and you're not speaking for God. You're speaking from your own mind.

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think you might want to take a deep breath, and quietly spend some time with the Bible and actually seeing what temples were, what was in them, what happened in them.

Restaurants have coffee makers, our office has a coffee maker. Our office is not a restaurant.

Words have meanings, but many words have multiple meanings and different people use words different ways. What you personally are calling an alter may well not be; simply because you saw a picture on Google and interpret something as an alters doesn't necessarily make it an alter.

Upvote 0

phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Different color same flavor/taste

Nothing new under the sun!

King James Version (KJV)

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church

What churches are actually temples with altars? What do you say is the purpose of altars in the temples?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Whisper865

Feb 27, 2013
Knoxville Tennessee
✟1,400.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
I think you might want to take a deep breath, and quietly spend some time with the Bible and actually seeing what temples were, what was in them, what happened in them.

Restaurants have coffee makers, our office has a coffee maker. Our office is not a restaurant.

Words have meanings, but many words have multiple meanings and different people use words different ways. What you personally are calling an alter may well not be; simply because you saw a picture on Google and interpret something as an alters doesn't necessarily make it an alter.

Yes but our meeting place is most definitely a temple!
Its taken on different characteristics but it is most definitely a temple.
Altars are not found in meeting places Altars are found in temples!

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

OK, so YOUR meeting place is a temple. Maybe YOU should be finding a different place to worship.

Believe it or not your tone (for lack of a better word here in the internet)
is accusatory sounding. I would suggest that it sounds like you are claiming that everyone here talking to you is worshiping in a temple, and you have no possible way of supporting that claim.

Upvote 0

standingtall

Such is life....
Jan 5, 2012
✟1,535.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

OK, so your meeting place is definitely a temple, temples have altars, but meeting places don't.

You see the problem here? IMO, you don't seem to know what you're even talking about.

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Genesis 22 King James Version (KJV)

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

Where was the temple?

Upvote 0