Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Koizumi, Prodi agree on need for multilateralism
TOKYO, April 26, Kyodo -
Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi and visiting European Commission President Romano Prodi agreed Friday on the need for a multilateral framework to deal with various global problems such as terrorism.

A Japanese Foreign Ministry official said Prodi urged Koizumi to work to create such a framework led not only by the United States, alluding to the fact that the combined gross domestic product of Japan and the EU accounts for 45% of the world total.

Prodi was also quoted as telling Koizumi that the combined amount of aid to developing countries from the two economies is 75% of the world total.

Koizumi and Prodi also agreed to keep up their efforts to help the reconstruction of Afghanistan. The EU and Japan co-chaired an international conference on Afghan reconstruction aid held in Tokyo in January.

Prodi also urged global cooperation to settle the conflict in the Middle East, the Japanese official said.

Referring to U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell's recent failure to broker a cease-fire between Israelis and Palestinians, Prodi was quoted as telling Koizumi it is indispensable that all relevant countries be brought to the table for a settlement.

Koizumi and Prodi also agreed they can work together to tackle economic issues including those related to steel, but did not elaborate on the antidumping stance taken by the United States.

Their meeting was the last bilateral one between a Japanese prime minister and a foreign guest at the Japanese premier's 73-year-old house-cum-office building.

The brick building is to be closed Friday and the premier's office will move to a state-of-the-art, five-story structure next to the old one on the weekend.

Earlier in the day, Prodi gave a speech in the Diet emphasizing the importance of cooperation between Japan and the EU in tackling global problems with a multilateral approach.

Prodi arrived in Japan on Thursday for a three-day official working visit.

2002 Kyodo News (c) Established 1945.
All Rights Reserved
So what do you think? :confused:

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Susan
Koizumi, Prodi agree on need for multilateralism

Antichrists? They're talking about fighting terrorism and donating aid to afghanistan. That sounds perfect to me.

So what do you think? :confused:

I honestly don't understand what your problem with it is. The world should be working together to fight terrorism. Having nations working together is not the same thing as one world government.

-Chris

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Conferring about mideast peace and trade cooperation. Also promoting globalism.
"Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi and visiting European Commission President Romano Prodi agreed Friday on the need for a MULTILATERAL FRAMEWORK to deal with various GLOBAL problems such as terrorism."
or how about this?
"Prodi also urged GLOBAL cooperation to SETTLE the conflict in the Middle East, the Japanese official said.

Referring to U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell's recent failure to broker a cease-fire between Israelis and Palestinians, Prodi was quoted as telling Koizumi it is indispensable that all relevant countries be brought to the table for a SETTLEMENT."

Here's another one. . .
"Earlier in the day, Prodi gave a speech in the Diet emphasizing the importance of cooperation between Japan and the EU in tackling global problems with a multilateral approach."
even if no one else is, Prodi is trying really hard to be the Antichrist!

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
I don't think you have to worry about that much. I'm not an expert on Revelation (I've only read the book twice and I don't generally read the end times stuff), but as I recall, the worry is over a world government. In my mind there is a big difference between countries working together to solve global problems (like terrorism and ecological concerns), and a world government. The countries preserve their autonomy under the current system.

-Chris

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kern,

I concur with your assertions regarding cooperation between nations. However, I see where Susan is going with this.

Yes, Europe has already made a big step (currency unification) toward fulfilling a prophecy... the prophecy. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It is interesting to theorize where all of these current events are going. Remember that a lot of people were scared to death of the UN concept (which may or may not be a building block for the end-times prophecy to be fulfilled) and then everyone got all ticked off about the NATO concept. The fact of the matter is this:

God told us to watch for signs of the end times, but I don't think that we have any idea what is going to come about in the years ahead.

When these guys start talking about unifying the world to become one government, then I'd be worried. You can definately see the little parallels if you look close enough can't you?

in Christ

Zach

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, old post, prophetic ?
God told us to watch for signs of the end times, but I don't think that we have any idea what is going to come about in the years ahead.
When these guys start talking about unifying the world to become one government, then I'd be worried. You can definately see the little parallels if you look close enough can't you?
WOW, prophetic? The years ahead (about eighteen to twenty hears after this post)
who foresaw the world economic and politic and medical actions !?
in Christ
Zach
Do you actually have to "look close enough" to see any parallels ? Today. (not the ones in the op necessarily at all, but others worldwide, usa, etc )

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
A news and current events post from 2002?

1695830667005.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
A news and current events post from 2002?
Fulfilling prophecy, then and now, prophecy from thousands of years ago.
2002 is a drop in the bucket.
the news today, 2023, shows how the post in 2002 was 'right on' in ways of prophecy , marching on....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Fulfilling prophecy, then and now, prophecy from thousands of years ago.
2002 is a drop in the bucket.
the news today, 2023, shows how the post in 2002 was 'right on' in ways of prophecy , marching on....
I'm sorry, are you claiming to be a prophet?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you ever read the prophets, in any religion ?
If it is in a language known, you can read the prophets, as can anyone.
Yeah, we get it,

The End is Near​

Any day now, right around the corner, etc..

Upvote 0