Meeting CF people...

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So this is kind of a spin off from a thread in the womans forum but a question-

If you could meet a few people from CF/Marriage Ministry, who would it be and why?

Also, have you ever met anyone from CF? If you haven't would you be open to it if you lived near someone?

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Top on my list of CF/MMers I'd like to meet:

The Burgers
Redguard
All the child-free folks
All the Losties
AutumnLeaf..... just cuz I'm really curious....

I've never met anyone from CF. There are a bunch of y'all that, if you lived near me, I'd love to have coffee with. I'd definitely be open to it.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm adding to my own list because people keep popping into my head:

whatisyourstory, because we seem to be on the same page on so many issues
Bill'sWife and SavedSis, because they are such cool people
ItalianAngel, because she's the only person I can talk about Pushing Daisies with
mina, because I luff her

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2005
✟19,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Umm . . . You! This country is just so dang big.

TankGirl for sure.
Leanna - although I don't think she posts much in here anymore.
Beautiful Fireball & Imperial Phantom
FuzzyMel
GracePaints

I'd say the Redguards but Mrs. Redguard intimidates me from what I hear.:blush:

I'm sure there are more but Tom & Jerry is really distracting me at the moment.:sorry:

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah there are a quite a few people I'd love to meet because it seems like we have a lot in common and would be fun to hang out with.

But you know, I think I'd really like to meet the few that seem to get under my skin a bit more just to see if my perception of them is right and if that's how they are IRL. And, no I'm not going to make a list. :p

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah there are a quite a few people I'd love to meet because it seems like we have a lot in common and would be fun to hang out with.

But you know, I think I'd really like to meet the few that seem to get under my skin a bit more just to see if my perception of them is right and if that's how they are IRL. And, no I'm not going to make a list. :p
Aww now I'm curious :D

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know I know there are way too many popples...

I think my tops (in no particular order) would be:
Snugglebutt :D
Leanna
Red et Mrs Red (just because i have a sneaking suspicion that me and Mrs. red are a lot alike :D)
Gracepaints/faith wahtever she geos by these days
JulySheMustFly
Tropical et other crew from WWMC and that other place... dundundunnnnnnn
FuzzyMel
The A2J's.

Humm I know there are more...

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Gosh, you guys are so sweet! :D

I'd want to meet the whole lot of you, to be quite honest. Like Leanna, I'm worried about missing names unintentionally. But for the majority of you, I'd really just like to have an opportunity to attach a memory of a face a voice to your profiles. Just something to make all of you a little bit more real to me. :)

There are some of you who I'd have specific activities planned for if the opportunity to meet ever became a reality.

Gracepaints: I think that I'd enjoy a dinner with her and her husband. We can talk about babies, Star Trek, LOST and tea. But I'd have to brush up on my readings of the classics because I can only imagine the IQ level required for a dinner conversation in the Gracepaints household. Sheesh! After dinner, Grace and I would probably have to take a trip and go through the archives at the Vital Records Department to see if we were raised in the same orphanage and then had our memories wiped after we were adopted by our families. There's something that's just way too familiar about Grace for me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Losties: Snoochface, the Burgers, et al... I'd really enjoy a Series Finale party with those guys. Fatburger would have to make me some tacos and Snoochface would have to brew me a pot of her coffee that seems to have her so addicted to the stuff.

Fuzzymel: You have to take me on a personally guided tour of Guernsey and then take me to your favourite pub that serves Fish & Chips.

RebekkaH: You have to take me on a personally guided tour of the Netherlands. You don't have to bring me through the Red Light District (but if you really want to, I won't complain :blush:)

Autumnleaf: I'd want to challenge him to an arm-wrestling match. After I beat him, we can grab a crate of bottled water and hand them out to all of the Mexicans crossing the border illegally into the United States. I would then use my arm-wrestling victory to blackmail Autumnleaf into hugging each of the Mexicans and providing them with a map to the nearest church where they can seek refuge.

plum (over in WD): We'd share a pizza while going through a box filled with our favourite PostSecrets and chuckle at the dark humour.

Leanna: I need Maya's hand-me-downs. Roseguard's growing like a beanstalk. Please and Thanks. :)

All of the Aussie CFers: I have to hear if you all really say "Arnt" when trying to say "Aunt".

A2J's: I have to hear a conversation between those two. I'd probably spend the evening seeing how well I can imitate A2J.

A2J: I reckon some rain must be a' comin.
Red: I reckon some rain must be a' comin.
A2J: Hey! Stop that partna!
Red: Hey! Stop that partna!
A2J: I'm a doofus face and my butt stinks!
Red: ...
A2J: Doh!!!

Oblivious: I want to try out her tandem bike and I also want her to take me for a ride in her Corvette. Maybe if I'm really nice, she'll let me play one of my R&B CDs in her car. Hmmph. One can dream, can't he?

Felinity: She claims to be quiet and introverted. I think otherwise. I'd surprise her by spraying her will catnip to see how her cats react. This would be a great ice-breaker. We'd probably move on to talking about tech stuff and then I'd pwn her in a videogame or two while her husband plays a few songs on his guitar for us in the background.

HeatherJay: I miss her like I can't even explain.

TankGirl: I don't know how well she cooks, but I'd ask her to cook me up a batch of Yorkshire Pudding with some delicious beef gravy. After she slaps me for saying the word "beef" in her presence, we'd go out for some snowboarding lessons. But any offers from her to dye my hair pink or purple will have to be turned down politely.

Tropical Wilds: I'd have to save this visit for last because I'm sure it would probably be one of the most intriguing. Mrs. Redguard can come along and the two of them can debate Jane Austen at length while I foolishly attempt to throw in my useless two cents every now and then just to annoy Mrs. Redguard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww now I'm curious :D

Maybe I'll make the list my new signature as "CF People I Love to Hate". ^_^ It's like I really wonder if some of these people are really passive IRL but like to incite mini riots on CF by living through their online alter-egos. It does make me wonder and it's why I'd like meet them.

And I think I'd pay to see a Red/AutumnLeaf arm wrestling match.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So this is kind of a spin off from a thread in the womans forum but a question-

If you could meet a few people from CF/Marriage Ministry, who would it be and why?

Also, have you ever met anyone from CF? If you haven't would you be open to it if you lived near someone?
I married someone I met here at CF ;)

Upvote 0

GodrockDJ

The one and only
Sep 12, 2006
PA
Visit site
✟17,406.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Top on my list of CF/MMers I'd like to meet:

The Burgers
Redguard
All the child-free folks
All the Losties
AutumnLeaf..... just cuz I'm really curious....

I've never met anyone from CF. There are a bunch of y'all that, if you lived near me, I'd love to have coffee with. I'd definitely be open to it.

:cry:

Seriously though a bunch of you are cool and inspiring to my own faith. I'd love to meet up with anyone in my area. DH and I are actually registered on couchsurfing.com , so we're not weirdos! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
:cry:

Seriously though a bunch of you are cool and inspiring to my own faith. I'd love to meet up with anyone in my area. DH and I are actually registered on couchsurfing.com , so we're not weirdos! :thumbsup:

You were included in the Losties group! :hug:

I knew I'd forget a bunch of people. I'd add Godrock, TropicalWilds, Veritas, krstlos, and Erwin to the list, and I'm sure there are lots of others that I'll think of :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oblivious

Matthew 7:12
Nov 6, 2003
The Mile High City
✟31,244.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Redguard - We can do the tandem bike and Corvette thing, but no R&B in the car, however, my Techno music is a nice bass slamming substitute. ;)

SOTFB - You just seem like a cool chick. I think we'd get along well and have a great time shopping, of course! :thumbsup:

HeyHomie - I just always enjoy your input here on MM. :)

Autumnleaf - We can meet at the local Tattoo Shop and get you some ink so you too can be considered "low class". :p
Whatever_anim.gif

Reactions: GolfingMom
Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Amélie Unbound;47236222 said:
I want to meet Snooch, Rebekka, and Fuzzymel.

I'm not going to feel bad about leaving anyone out, since no one has even mentioned me here. :p

I did! My first draft was listing out child-free and Losties, but I started to realize I was going to miss people so I made them general categories. Trust me, though, you were top of the list.

Upvote 0