Meet the People Who Were Passed Over For Obama

T

The Lady Kate

Posted by The Lady Kate:

“Actually, it represents a complete inability to accept that George W. Bush did not walk on water.”

Jesus walked on water. George Bush had his flaws. Where I agreed with him was on the issue of the nature of the enemy we face. He understood that nature, far too many in America do not.

In addition, search all of my post, please, and find where I ever stated that George Bush walked on water.

You don't seem to take criticism of him too kindly.

As for the nature of the enemy we face? A small, loosely organized group of radicals who entice the zealous and gullible to help persue their religious/political goals.

What is Al-Qaeda, anyway? A ruthless organization determined to rule the world? No, that's COBRA. In terms of international power, we're talking about a mosquito... weak, but difficult to swat.

Of course, the thing about mosquitoes is, they can still bite you in a sensitive spot.

That sound like the nature of our enemy, or am I not afraid enough?

“Only problem is that Limbaugh is about as much of a satirist as you are... that is to say, not a particularly talented one.”

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I think you missed the point.
I never said Limbugh wasn't doing satire... I just said he wasn't doing good satire. A comedian who can't stand being heckled has no business being on stage.

“It's actually very difficult to satirize conservatives... they don't find it funny and nobody else thinks it's a joke.”

The last seven words here are dead accurate.
Perhaps that's why Rush's "satire" often falls flat... people mistake him for a serious commentator.

he's not alone:
political-pictures-jon-stewart-journalist-appalled.jpg

“Perhaps if Limbaugh used a few wacky sound effects in his program, and did a few prank phone calls, people would lighten up and treat him more like the comedy act you claim he is?”

I did not state Limbaugh was a comedy act. This is simply how you wish everyone to view him. I said he used both satire and parody to help make his point. Most liberals can’t stand it, as with his Barak the Magic Negro bit, which was based on an article of that same title published in the LA Times written by a black pundit about then candidate Obama.
Ah, so whenver Rush does something that might get him fined/fired, it's satire... the rest of the time, he's a serious journalist.

Yep. Islamic Fundamentalism started with the Bush Administration. Oh, wait…..

Wait indeed... the Bush administration removed the only thing keeping that powderkeg from exploding, without even realized it was a powerkeg.

As long as you're willing to admit that Bush had his faults, would you agree that lack of foresight is among them?

“They weren't building much of anything in the deserts of Iraq until we got there”

They were building palaces for Hussein. But apparently you admit this has improved since we got there.
True... we did get Iraq out of the palace-building business.

‘a good portion of the weapons they were using against us came from our own depots and ammo dumps…”

True, we sold them weapons.
More to the point, we sold him weapons... having Saddam as our ally doesn't say much for our foresight, does it? In all fairness, of course, that's not Bush's fault.

“which in the early days, had even less security than a public library.”

Right….
If you're going to use satie to get your point across, I reserve the right to use hyperbole.

“Conservative discourse at its finest.”

Sarcasm is a tool of satire. I guess at worst we are on equal footing.
Agreed... at worst.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist
Before we tore it apart? Well, war has a tendency to break things,

Yeah you tore it apart and reduced it to a third world country.

I don’t complain about the money spent to help the Iraqi people rebuild their country after the Hussein years and America’s intervention. Rebuilding is part of what we do.

During the Hussein years it didn't need rebuilding it just needed improvement. After another country came along, killed a few hundred thousand people and destroyed all the infrastructure it did.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
TheNewWorldMan-

Its difficult to laugh when Obama just passed the hate crime bill which is antichristian; and this is just the beginning; the point is he has nothing to do with christianity-just the exact opposite. Obama can take his beers and do you know what with them-he is my arch enemy.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rush is a commentator and its entertainment. But he isn't perfect. Who said he can't make mistakes once in awhile? His ratings are very high and get higher all the time awhile MSNBC and them-keep getting lower and lower because no one sees or listens to them.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
TheNewWorldMan-

Its difficult to laugh when Obama just passed the hate crime bill which is antichristian; and this is just the beginning; the point is he has nothing to do with christianity-just the exact opposite. Obama can take his beers and do you know what with them-he is my arch enemy.

Would you say this same thing if Jesus was in the room with you?

hint: He is.

Rush is a commentator and its entertainment. But he isn't perfect. Who said he can't make mistakes once in awhile? His ratings are very high and get higher all the time awhile MSNBC and them-keep getting lower and lower because no one sees or listens to them.

What a contrast of posts. My irony meter just broke again. It's getting costly to fix this thing.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

TheNewWorldMan-

Its difficult to laugh when Obama just passed the hate crime bill which is antichristian;

Being against hate is anti-Christian?

Obama can take his beers and do you know what with them-he is my arch enemy.

Well, that answers my question.

Hate to break it to you, salida, but you're not Batman... you don't rate an "arch enemy." The first prerequisite for archenemydom is that said "enemy" must know/care who you are...

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Rush is a commentator and its entertainment. But he isn't perfect. Who said he can't make mistakes once in awhile?

As long as he's on the radio, plenty of people say so. For example, back in 2005, Bush signed a law raising the penalty for tv/radio indecency to $325,000... and that's for potentially letting one F-bomb slip over the air.

The point being... if you have a microphone, use it carefully.

His ratings are very high and get higher all the time awhile MSNBC and them-keep getting lower and lower because no one sees or listens to them.

So he popular... this matters because...?

Upvote 0

Gawron

Apr 24, 2008
✟5,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Posted by The Lady Kate:

"What is Al-Qaeda, anyway? In terms of international power, we're talking about a mosquito... weak, but difficult to swat."

Of course, the thing about mosquitoes is, they can still bite you in a sensitive spot."

I wonder, is this how you view the events of Sept. 11th? A mosquito bite? All that damage, all those lives, and it was just a mosquito bite? Guess we should have just called a cop and been done with it.

"That sound like the nature of our enemy, or am I not afraid enough?"

Based on this comment I must conclude that you probably have never been to the middle east in the context of an armed conflict. Never seen these guys up close and personal. I have. You clearly do not appreciate their true nature, and based on this you, in my opinion, are not afraid enough.

PS: On another un-related note, does anyone remember how apoplectic the media went when Dan Qualye spelled potato with an 'e' at the end?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well we do need to outlaw hate.

Hate, if you ever have it, you broke the law.

Dont hate. It makes nervous people.......nervous.

I do have a better idea. here is a perfect template for those of you who like hate laws. There is literally an instruction booklet that will solve every problem and lead to prosperous utopian living.
Ive pasted it here:
----------------------------------------

Shuffle all Life tiles and place them Life-side-up somewhere near the game board as the draw pile. Remove four tiles without looking at them and, keeping them Life-side-up, stack them on Millionaire Estates.

Separate all cards into four decks: Career, Salary, House Deeds, and Stocks and place them near the Life game board along with the Automobile and Homeowner's Insurance Policies, Bank Loans and money. A banker is chosen and $10,000 is given to each player.

Players then choose a color of car, place one person in the vehicle, and then located their car on the starting space.

Before you can begin your first turn, each player must first decide if they will start a career or go to college. By starting college, you will have more salary and career options. This option does take longer and upon deciding the career option, you must take out $40,000 in bank loans before your first spin. Place each car on either the career or college spot on the Life board.

If a career is chosen, chose 1 card from the shuffled deck of career cards at random that does not says "Degree Required." Then do the same with the Salary cards. Place both cards face up in front of you. Those going to college will do the same. Players that have chosen a career will do the same only when they come to the Job Search spot on the board. They then can choose three career and three salary cards and choose the best one. The other cards drawn are then returned the deck.

Keep in mind that player also earn money if others land on your career spaces throughout the board. If you are the accountant and someone has to pay taxes, they will give you the money. All careers have multiple spaces and is a "luck of the spin."

Game Play:
The rule on who begins the game of Life rests on whoever spins the highest number on the wheel and then other player take their turns in a clockwise fashion. Move your car forward the number of spaces you spin each time unless you reach a STOP space. Follow the directions on the space you land on and your turn is over.

As you move your car, you will stop of various colors of spaces. The following rules apply to the color of each space:
  • Orange Spaces: The majority of spaces are orange and you must follow the directions given on these spaces.
  • Blue Spaces: These spaces are optional and you can choose if you want to follow their directions.
  • Green Spaces: These are Pay Day spaces and each play will collect the amount shown on their salary cards.
  • Red Spaces: Only three of these spaces exist: Job Search, Get Married, and Buy a House. Whenever you reach a red space, stop - even if you have moves left and follow the directions. Then spin and move again.
Spaces that show pictures of Life Tiles are called Life spaces. These are family activities, good deeds or service projects. Whenever a player lands on a Life space, one Life Tile is taken from the discard pile. If the draw pile has run out, take one Life Tile from any opponent. Keep all Life Tiles Life-side-up in front of you; looking at the values on the Life Tiles is against the rules.

Career Spaces are extra opportunities to make some money from other players. If you land on a career space, pay the person with the matching Career Card or if no one has it, pay the bank (if you own it you don't need to do anything). The Police Officer has special rules for his "career space." Any player that spins a 10, or is caught speeding (the Police Officer must notice), pays the Officer $5,000. If no Office is player, no action is required.

When players land on the You're Fired or Mid-Life Crisis, they must trade your Salary and Career Card in for new ones. One of each may be drawn applying the same rules as stated above. Wait to return your previous career and salary until you have drawn new cards. If you land on Night School, you may choose if you want to change your Career and Salary cards. Two cards of each are drawn and if both are not desired, you do not have to take them, and, can remain with the career and salary you currently have.

Payday is the spot where the player collects their salary from the bank.

When a player reaches the Getting Married space, they stop even if they have moves left. One Life Tile is taken and one person peg is added to your car. Then spin and move again. The same rules apply for the Baby Boy, Baby Girl, or Twins spaces.

Buying a House rules are similar to getting married. Stop, even if you have moves left, and draw one House Deed at random from the deck. Pay the bank the price on the deed. If you're short on cash, a loan must be taken out from the bank. Then spin again and move. Homeowner's Insurance can be bought when the house is purchased or during any following turn. Pay the bank the amount shown on the deed for insurance and take one policy from the pile. This allows you to be protected from floods, theft, and tornadoes. Automobile insurance can also be purchased at the beginning of any one of your turns. Pay $10,000 to the bank and take one policy. Accidents, damage, and theft are now protected against.

Throughout the game, players may buy stocks allowing them to collect $10,000 from the bank every time their stock number is spun on the wheel (even if done by the person holding the stock). Buying more than one stock at a time is against the rules with one exception: If you land on the Stock Market Zooms space, take one Stock (at no charge) even if you already own one. Stocks cost $50,000 and you may choose which stock you would like to purchase. A Stock Market Slump will require you to return one stock to the bank.

Bank loans may be taken out at any time during your turn. One bank load is worth $20,000. To payback loans, a $5,000 interest must be paid for each loan received.

Once you reach the end of the Life game board, either by landing directly on it or by passing by, you must do the following:
  • Pay all outstanding loans
  • Replace your Career Card, Salary Card and Insurance Policies.
  • Sell house by following the instructions on the Deed after spinning the wheel one last time. Keep your Stock(s) since you can still collect money from the bank every time your number is spun.
  • If you think you might have the most money, place your car on Millionaire Estates (any number of players may retire there). Otherwise, place your car on Countryside Acres and wait there until all players have retired. If you have chosen Millionaire Estates, other players can still steal Life Tiles from you if the draw pile runs out. Those that have chosen Countryside Acres receive one more Life Tile and all their Life Tiles are safe from other players taking them.
After all players have retired, all players at Millionaire Estates count their money. The richest player takes the four Life Tiles at Millionaire Estates. The official Life rules mention that in case of a tie for richest player, the tying players split the pile taking 2 tiles each. All players turn their Life Tiles message-side-up and count up the dollar amounts add this total to all the remaining money you have in front of you. The player with the most money wins!

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Posted by The Lady Kate:

"What is Al-Qaeda, anyway? In terms of international power, we're talking about a mosquito... weak, but difficult to swat."

Of course, the thing about mosquitoes is, they can still bite you in a sensitive spot."

I wonder, is this how you view the events of Sept. 11th? A mosquito bite? All that damage, all those lives, and it was just a mosquito bite? Guess we should have just called a cop and been done with it.

19 guys armed with boxcutters... that's all it took.

As I said... sometimes they bite you in a very sensitive spot.

"That sound like the nature of our enemy, or am I not afraid enough?"

Based on this comment I must conclude that you probably have never been to the middle east in the context of an armed conflict. Never seen these guys up close and personal. I have. You clearly do not appreciate their true nature, and based on this you, in my opinion, are not afraid enough.

Foreigners who want to kill us... is ther any reason I should be more afraid of them than I would've been of the Vietnamese 40 years ago, or the Germans 40 years before that?

I suppose I should've told you in advance, Gawron... I don't fall for fearmongering easily.

PS: On another un-related note, does anyone remember how apoplectic the media went when Dan Qualye spelled potato with an 'e' at the end?

Does anyone care? No? Let's stay on topic.

Upvote 0

exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist

As a single event it was fairly horrific but by world standards it is fairly mosquitoish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

The Lady Kate

A reason would be helpful... although, as a rule, reason and panic usually don't go together.

This clever sentence makes no sense. The second half draws on a completely different usage of the word reason from the first half. But its clever.

And it does draw attention to the fact that there's no reason to be so afraid.

There are people in the world who hate us... big whoop.

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
And it does draw attention to the fact that there's no reason to be so afraid.

There are people in the world who hate us... big whoop.

Precisely. There would have to be five 9/11-scale incidents every year to even come close to the number of alcohol-related fatalities from car accidents yearly. And yet there's nowhere near the same level of outrage regarding drunk driving.

I suspect it's about pride, more than it is about safety.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Precisely. There would have to be five 9/11-scale incidents every year to even come close to the number of alcohol-related fatalities from car accidents yearly. And yet there's nowhere near the same level of outrage regarding drunk driving.

I suspect it's about pride, more than it is about safety.

I suspect it's more about power... if we're not afraid of something, then they can't swoop in and be our savior, protecting us from the Big Bad Whatever.

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I suspect it's more about power... if we're not afraid of something, then they can't swoop in and be our savior, protecting us from the Big Bad Whatever.

I don't mean the government - I mean the populace.

Upvote 0