✟5,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The enemy is still working, hard.

Twin Blasts in Baghdad Kill 147, Injure Scores

Quote:

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Iraqi police said 147 people were killed and 540 wounded in twin car bombings that appeared to target government buildings in downtown Baghdad during rush hour.

The powerful blasts went off less than a minute apart Sunday in parking lots near the headquarters of the Baghdad provincial administration and the Ministry of Justice building, in the bloodiest attack to hit Iraq in months.

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569470,00.html

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure they are, and they do so independent of Obama's words. Obama is speaking to the people, not our enemies. I have no problem injecting a little humility into foreign policy. We don't have to act like a tough guy to be a tough guy.

Upvote 0

exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist
OK, well, I hope you understand what I mean.

That you don't think your nation should apologise for its numerous and relentless historical crimes against humanity because it might make you look weak... even though you have the most advanced military in the world? ^_^

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Quote:

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Iraqi police said 147 people were killed and 540 wounded in twin car bombings that appeared to target government buildings in downtown Baghdad during rush hour.

The powerful blasts went off less than a minute apart Sunday in parking lots near the headquarters of the Baghdad provincial administration and the Ministry of Justice building, in the bloodiest attack to hit Iraq in months.

Link: Twin Blasts in Baghdad Kill 147, Injure Scores - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

That was Baghdad... wasn't the whole point to fight them over there so we wouldn't fight them over here?

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Quote:

Link: Twin Blasts in Baghdad Kill 155, Injure Scores - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Iraq is being occupied by a foreign nation. What acts do you think we would be committing in the same circumstances?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,135.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Would someone afford me a really uber cool quote, you know, one that makes me look like Im (recently) koleege edukated and stuff....some thing about mechanical eyes and thornbushes and vorvg is flarbs

Dude, don't post high. It never comes out as cool as it sounds in your head.

In other words "huh?"

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Posted by The Lady Kate:

"wasn't the whole point to fight them over there so we wouldn't fight them over here?"

And your problem with that is? Or would you rather the bombs be going off in your home town?
The fact that the Mexican border remains as porous as ever, tells me the "fight 'em over there" rhetoric is nothing more than that - rhetoric. Furthermore, fighting "over there" and fighting "over here" are not mutually exclusive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gawron

Apr 24, 2008
✟5,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a dodge of the question. I suppose you would be happy to let a known, convicted pedophile move in next door to you and your children because, hey, he has to be next door to someone. And the terrorist at GITMO, let them move next door to you as well. And the bombs, geez, why not?

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
That is a dodge of the question.
The question is a no-brainer. It doesn't need to be asked. You may as well ask me if I'd rather be rich or poor. Live a long happy life or die a painful death. The point is that "fighting 'em over there" does nothing to impede their ability to "fight us over here." It's not a sporting event. We don't have home and visiting teams.
I suppose you would be happy to let a known, convicted pedophile move in next door to you and your children because, hey, he has to be next door to someone. And the terrorist at GITMO, let them move next door to you as well. And the bombs, geez, why not?
Yeah, that's what I'd want. :doh:

If I want to defend myself from a pedophile, I put up a big fence. I install security cameras. I notify my neighbors. I don't fly to the east coast and start beating up the pedophile's co-conspirators.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

That is a dodge of the question. I suppose you would be happy to let a known, convicted pedophile move in next door to you and your children because, hey, he has to be next door to someone. And the terrorist at GITMO, let them move next door to you as well. And the bombs, geez, why not?

Your question was meaningless. The fact is that we destabilized a region ruled by an evil but effectively neutered dictator whom we supported a couple of decades ago, turned it into a hotbed of domestic violence, pat ourselves on the back because at least they're killing each other and not us, and you can't for the life of you imagine why the rest of the world might not be as thrilled with our actions as you are?

If Obama can undo a fraction of the damage done to the ME by US foreign policy, he's earned that Peace Prize several times over.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

If I want to defend myself from a pedophile, I put up a big fence. I install security cameras. I notify my neighbors. I don't fly to the east coast and start beating up the pedophile's co-conspirators.

Or worse, pummel a group of random people who may or may not be co-conspirators.

What was the terrorist presence in Iraq before we went in?

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Or worse, pummel a group of random people who may or may not be co-conspirators.
Exactly.

What was the terrorist presence in Iraq before we went in?
That was the Flypaper Theory; our presence in Iraq is supposed to draw combatants into one place. While it may have succeeded in doing this, it does nothing to prevent further attacks at home.

Upvote 0