✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mith-

Its the attitude behind it-as its with contempt. No, country is perfect-but the U.S. has given more to countries concerning charity-we have helped japan in technology and the list goes on and on. Thus, our so called pres. has the audicity to apologize for us-this is the problem no matter what reality says.

How many other leaders go around apologizing for their country? This signifies cowardness.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Mith-

Its the attitude behind it-as its with contempt. No, country is perfect-but the U.S. has given more to countries concerning charity-we have helped japan in technology and the list goes on and on. Thus, our so called pres. has the audicity to apologize for us-this is the problem no matter what reality says.

How many other leaders go around apologizing for their country? This signifies cowardness.

Perhaps the message here is that goodwill cannot be bought?

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To David Brider-

Info on Obama apologies (just the beginning): Obama apologizes to the world

Why the Nobel Antichrist Prize? Who has Obama been appeasing? Dictators and terrorist-not christian now is it.

If the u.s. so called pres wants to bend over backwards for terrorists and dictators; wants to promote national interests instead of defending america there is a problem indeed. He isn't the pres over the world-this isn't why he got voted in office. Name some other leaders who have apologized for their country.

What? Goodwill can't be bought? I'm not understanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This isn't the topic of this thread-this is mainly why I have been avoiding your questions on this. If you want more info, I have much more sources.
You've been avoiding our questions on the OP as well. Namely that, now that it has been shown that the list is completely fake as a list of "competitors" for the NPP, don't you think you should retract? Or at least clarify?

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Burghman-

Haha, give me a break. The world wants a president that will solve problems and save lives? Oh, yeah-he has made problems in our country-but I guess he is going to solve problems elsewhere? His so called stimulus package has made our economy much worse- and so will his healthcare plan if passed as its not a free lunch either-this will all create higher taxes.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Its the attitude behind it-as its with contempt. No, country is perfect-but the U.S. has given more to countries concerning charity-we have helped japan in technology and the list goes on and on.

I see no contempt from Obama. You have some serious issues of confirmation bias. Every little thing gets twisted to attack the President. Admitting mistakes isn't contempt. Denying there are any is ignorance.

Thus, our so called pres. has the audicity to apologize for us-this is the problem no matter what reality says.

He's not your "so called" President, he is your President. Accept it and move on. Second, it appears from your comment you're willing to ignore reality, no matter what it says, to lambast him.

Not surprising, since so many of your threads have been demonstrably false, yet I haven't seen a single retraction or admitting a mistake has been made. Which makes sense given your next comment:

Textbook problem with the right. They view admitting a mistake as cowardice! Better to just ignore the mistake and continue to make it?

No apologizing doesn't signify cowardice, it signifies maturity and recognition of mistakes made, and that by admitting them, hopefully you can avoid them again.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What staccato? What questions? Oh yeah they are fake- you wish. This is most likely why I may sometimes avoid questions because its just a bunch of mocking after I answer the questions truthfully. I also avoid because I'm not interested in wasting my time with those who want an answer that pleases their ears only and don't like the real answer.

Bias? I'm against socializing this country; we have a good health care system and bigger government is never the answer. Since I'm against bigger government and not for our pres. helping dictators out - than call be bias or whatever you want-I don't care.
The guy doesn't even think we are a christian nation-I guess he thinks our country was founded on the muslim or hindu faith ha. He doesn't seem to acknowledge american history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
To David Brider-

Info on Obama apologies (just the beginning): Obama apologizes to the world

Hmm...not seeing much apologizing there, other than an admission that the U.S. is imperfect (it is) and that over the years we've made some foreign policy mistakes (we have).

Nowhere in the quoted material do I see anything that indicates Obama is slandering his own country. Admitting America has flaws is not equal to being anti-American.

Perhaps you can provide quotes from Obama that actually support your assertions that he hates America?

(And yes, at least some of us do actually follow links to confirm or deny they support the poster's assertion. The one you included rates a big fat "deny." Perhaps you'd care to try again?)

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bias? I'm against socializing this country; we have a good health care system and bigger government is never the answer. Since I'm against bigger government and not for our pres. helping dictators out - than call be bias or whatever you want-I don't care.

We do have a good system, if you have access to it. But that's for another thread.

And can you provide some examples of Obama helping dictators out? I can think of a beloved President of the right who had a nasty history of supporting dictators.

The guy doesn't even think we are a christian nation-I guess he thinks our country was founded on the muslim or hindu faith ha. He doesn't seem to acknowledge american history.

We aren't a Christian nation. We're a nation made up mostly of Christians. It seems to me you're the one not acknowledging reality, not Obama.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrenchAffair

Aug 20, 2005
Dubai, UAE
✟1,888.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

and in this case, you and I will have to part ways. I do not believe apologizing is an act of cowardice, whether you really believe you have something to apologize for, or if you're being the bigger person.

I don't necessarily agree with why he's apologized, but let's be realistic...we have a reputation as a bully nation. Yes, a bully nation that is quick to help other countries, but still a bully. We DO have much to apologize for and it is not cowardice to admit such, nor is it cowardice to do so.

Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What staccato? What questions? Oh yeah they are fake- you wish.
No. The nominees for the NPP are not released for 50 years. As it is currently not 2059 or later, the list is fake. Have the decency to admit you made a mistake please.

Or would that be cowardice? Is it brave to continue insisting that a person or a country was right all along, even when objective reality disagrees?
This is most likely why I may sometimes avoid questions because its just a bunch of mocking after I answer the questions truthfully.
Your truth is evidentally not most other peoples' truth. Your truth is that the OP contains a list of people who Obama conned out of the NPP. The objective truth is that it's a list that was pulled out of thin air with absolutely no basis in the reality it purports to report.
I also avoid because I'm not interested in wasting my time with those who want an answer that pleases their ears only and don't like the real answer.
lolirony
Bias? I'm against socializing this country; we have a good health care system
The people without access to health care disagree.
and bigger government is never the answer.
And bigger corporations is?
Since I'm against bigger government and not for our pres. helping dictators out
Empty rhetoric masquerading as an argument.
- than call be bias or whatever you want-I don't care.
Okay then. It's bias. Shameless bias.
The guy doesn't even think we are a christian nation
Nation of Christians, not a Christian nation. The former recognises the majority faith, the latter, in your definition I assume, is a theocracy.

Which, sorry to say, most people don't actually want.
-I guess he thinks our country was founded on the muslim or hindu faith ha.
No, he doesn't. He recognises that there is more than one belief system in this country, but he's never said we were founded on those beliefs.
He doesn't seem to acknowledge american history.
Your version of it? No, I guess not.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
we have a good health care system and bigger government is never the answer.

The problem with the U.S. health care system isn't production, but rather distribution. If you can afford it, yes, we've got some of the best health care in the world. The free market is not the best or most humane way to distribute health care resources...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Obama could bring peace to the Middle East, verifiably eliminate all nuclear weapons, end starvation and hunger, and invent a machine that eats toxic waste and child molesters while emitting gold bars and premium gasoline--and you would STILL bash him.

This isn't about facts, it's about people STILL being sore that a "Negro with a funny name" is in the White House.

While I actually agree with you, fair is fair. Similar things are true of some of his supporters, but in the opposite direction of course.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No...the award is based on actions towards peace. Obama negotiating with Kim Jong-Il to free hostages is an action towards peace. Actively negotiating with Ahmadinejad is an action towards peace. Taking the necessary steps to close Gitmo is an action towards peace.
Ringo

Well said. Personally I think the award is premature. I feel it would have been better to see if these bore fruit. They do show promise.

I'm sure I've done enough to upset the Obama supporters now. Let me get teh other side also and perhaps better. Just what have any of those 'passed over' actually done that are actions towards peace?

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
While I actually agree with you, fair is fair. Similar things are true of some of his supporters, but in the opposite direction of course.

Agreed...there are those out there on the fruited plains who have a fawning adulation for Obama that is no more rooted in reality than the claims that he was born in Mecca or Mombasa.

Both extremes are nadirs of political discourse in America today...

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
TheNewWorldMan-

I do believe in healthcare reform but not forced socialized healthcare. If this passes, it won't be a free lunch and the taxpayer will be paying for it-so higher taxes. Arn't are taxes high enough? Plus, it won't be higher quality either. Are you claiming that socialized healthcare is more humane?

Stacco- Are you claiming that Obama winning the NPP is fake, hahaha. This is world news not just american- are you joking or serious? So you don't believe Obama won it? Thanks for the good laugh today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0