Meet Mary, survivor of 4 day killing spree in Nigeria.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,706.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Church at Work in Plateau State
“He who has been faithful to us in the past will be faithful to us even now.”
—Mary, a survivor of the recent attacks that decimated 12 villages in Nigeria

Mary Dung recently shared these hopeful words with our Open Doors team that visited two camps where thousands of Nigerians are now living.

More than 200 Christians were killed in the attacks at the end of June, and 12 villages near Jos were decimated as Muslim Fulani militant herdsmen carried out the four-day killing spree.

As a result, thousands have lost their homes and communities. When our team visited the two camps set up by local churches, we heard the need from Christians like Mary. They were hungry and needed supplies. A day later, our teams partnered with the host churches to rush critical relief to the camps. Listen as Mary and others share their stories in the short video below:
Watch the Story
Please continue to pray with Christians in these attacks as well as the church throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Repeatedly, we hear from persecuted believers who say that knowing thousands are praying gives them strength; it reminds them they are not alone. And here’s the kicker—they’re praying for you. I’ll let Mary close us out:

“My prayer is this: May God pay you back a thousand-fold, and may He renew your strength. May He continue to bless and protect you.”
#peace4Nigeria
Best,
Lindy Lowry,
Open Doors Weekly editor
P.S. The third hearing for Pastor Brunson is July 18 (in the U.S., it will start July 17 around 10 pm EST). Please pray with us for Andrew, Norine and their family. We will share information as soon as we have it. #standwithPastorBrunson

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying for the safety of those persecuted brothers and sisters in Nigeria.
May the Lord's mighty hand place a wedge of protection around them, and provide for all their needs, spiritually and physically, in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

Minister Yolandaspiritled

Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
North Las Vegas
✟24,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Father God, Thank you for the cross that saves and seals us. We give you honor for who you are and for your son who came to earth to save us from eternal hell. We ask your blessings over the whole earth, the government, our families but especially for the persecuted. We ask that your angels minister to them in this very hour and we thank you for your hedge of protection around them. We thank you that you will not leave them forsaken but Jehovah Nissi is covering them from the fiery darts. Draw them near to the cleft of the rock and give them peace that passes all understanding. Comfort them now Holy one and let them know that belief in you is not in vain but will be used to bring glory. I am thankful to the Father who hears our pleas and petitions. He sees the tears we cry and He feels our pain. He is always with us and I ask Father that you show yourself strong in the Nigerian lands near and far. Let your precious anointing fall, for you can do all things. I thank you now for your Spirit moving across these lands and I thank you for your presence and comfort to us all.

Upvote 0