Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over the last several weeks, there has been a lot of theories thrown around as to who organized (and funded) the caravans from Honduras. Well, here's your chance to hear from one man who has been organizing caravans for a decade:

Perhaps no single person is more responsible for the huge caravans of migrants headed for the United States than [Irineo] Mujica, a longtime activist who was born in Mexico, grew up in Phoenix, and holds dual U.S-Mexican citizenship.

Mujica began coordinating small migrant caravans a decade ago. He wanted to provide Central Americans a safer way to make the trek through Mexico, where migrants often fall prey to criminal organizations — and sometimes Mexican immigration officials and police who demand bribes. He also sought to draw attention to the increasing numbers fleeing conditions in the region, including some of the worst poverty in Latin America, along with gang violence, extortion, political turmoil and government corruption.

Read the rest here

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From the link.

"Two days later, the migrants crashed through a gate and stormed into Mexico across the international bridge from Guatemala, prompting President Donald Trump to deploy thousands of active-duty troops to the U.S. border in a move critics said was more aimed at racking up votes in the November midterm elections than addressing any real threat."

Some then tried to "crash through" and "storm" into the U.S. What part of invasion don't people understand?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the link.

"Two days later, the migrants crashed through a gate and stormed into Mexico across the international bridge from Guatemala, prompting President Donald Trump to deploy thousands of active-duty troops to the U.S. border in a move critics said was more aimed at racking up votes in the November midterm elections than addressing any real threat."

Some then tried to "crash through" and "storm" into the U.S. What part of invasion don't people understand?

....I think you missed the point of this op -- there are plenty of other threads that address the "invasion"

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
....I think you missed the point of this op -- there are plenty of other threads that address the "invasion"

I'm all about tangents. ;)

• Useful
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

PaoloPorini1972

Nov 29, 2018
California
✟1,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
From the link.

What would YOU do to escape your country if you were under constant physical threat, your children being threatened if they don't join gangs, your life threatened every day and grinding poverty?

You'd do whatever you had to do to protect yourself and your family.

We all would.

Upvote 0

PaoloPorini1972

Nov 29, 2018
California
✟1,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Disappointed it wasn't Hillary or Soros.

...wait for it. I'm sure it will be like "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon". The ever-vigilant newsies at Breitbart will somehow find the link.

Just give it time. Perhaps Mujica was once at a restaurant that was frequented by someone who knew the sister of a guy that had gone to a party at which Soros appeared. QED! And the inner workings of the internationalist globalist cabal are EXPOSED AGAIN!

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
...wait for it. I'm sure it will be like "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon". The ever-vigilant newsies at Breitbart will somehow find the link.

Just give it time. Perhaps Mujica was once at a restaurant that was frequented by someone who knew the sister of a guy that had gone to a party at which Soros appeared. QED! And the inner workings of the internationalist globalist cabal are EXPOSED AGAIN!
I think you're going to fit in nicely around here, Paolo.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What would YOU do to escape your country if you were under constant physical threat, your children being threatened if they don't join gangs, your life threatened every day and grinding poverty?

We all would.

My parents, both immigrants, applied for asylum, we held in a camp for a while, then permitted to immigrate to the US legally. And In the coming years became citizens.

Same way that millions of people have and still do.

I supposed that would still work today.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We all would.

Do you mean by "all" that every oppressed person on earth should migrate to the U.S.? That's what we're afraid of. :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaoloPorini1972

Nov 29, 2018
California
✟1,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean by "all" that every oppressed person on earth should migrate to the U.S.? That's what we're afraid of. :eek:

No, what I mean is you, like I, would do everything in their power regardless of the borders or laws of other countries to save ourselves and protect our families.

To sit in judgement of the means these people use as if they are doing something wrong for the fun of doing something wrong is, itself, wrong.

You know that if your family was threatened today you'd do whatever you had to do to protect them.

Just as I would.

If I found myself under threat and without hope but there was a chance I could be safe or have a life in Canada you know I'd make a run for that border right now. Just as you would too.

Upvote 0

PaoloPorini1972

Nov 29, 2018
California
✟1,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
My parents, both immigrants, applied for asylum, we held in a camp for a while, then permitted to immigrate to the US legally. And In the coming years became citizens.

Indeed. And at various times in America's history your family would have been rejected at the gate. We have a mixed history of accepting people who are not like us. We've, in our history, turned away Jews fleeing the Holocaust. We've even imprisoned Japanese American families.

Yes there's a "right way" and a "wrong way", but you cannot convince me that if your parents were facing death in their home countries and they were turned away from safe haven that they wouldn't have taken more, perhaps questionable, efforts to get to safety.

Your parents came at a time when America granted asylum to them.

I supposed that would still work today.

Not necessarily. Many who have previously sought asylum in this particular time have been thrown in jails and families split with the weak excuse that they didn't seek asylum at a "proper" border crossing. Remember the people who are trying to get asylum now are being consistently characterized as rapists, drug dealers and MS-13 gangsters. Some are even suggesting that they are covers for middle eastern terrorists.

Your family was lucky to get to us at a time when we weren't turning inwards and showing fear and hatred of all people not lilly white and like us. The current president has openly expressed more desire for white immigrants from western Europe over "others" from countries he has decreed rather nasty names for.

We are better than this. And the minute we forget that if the shoe were on the other foot we'd do the exact same things as these people are doing.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hogwash, our country opens its doors to millions every year.

They don’t crash through gates and throw rocks and bottles to do it.

That is why administrations like this one and the previous one defend the border.

Yes, Obama separates families and held children in dog pen style cages, yes Obama used tear gas and pepperballs over 500 times. Yes, Obama deported hundreds of thousands. You would think he and his minions would be congratulating the President for keeping it up.

So why would it change now?

And not one person who came under lawful conditions were subject to tear gas

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. And at various times in America's history your family would have been rejected at the gate. We have a mixed history of accepting people who are not like us. We've, in our history, turned away Jews fleeing the Holocaust. We've even imprisoned Japanese American families.

The United States of America goes way back of imprisoning people who are not like the WASP male long before Japanese American families were imprisoned during WWII. America already had prisoner of war camps established long before that but these encampments were also called Reservations. The truth is, xenophobia against foreigners and racism against minorities has some very deep roots in this country, going all the way back before its inception and despite the perpetual disingenuous facade that this country was founded upon freedom, liberty and justice for all or upon Christian principles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yes there's a "right way" and a "wrong way", but you cannot convince me that if your parents were facing death in their home countries and they were turned away from safe haven that they wouldn't have taken more, perhaps questionable, efforts to get to safety.

Your parents came at a time when America granted asylum to them.

Not necessarily. Many who have previously sought asylum in this particular time have been thrown in jails and families split with the weak excuse that they didn't seek asylum at a "proper" border crossing. Remember the people who are trying to get asylum now are being consistently characterized as rapists, drug dealers and MS-13 gangsters. Some are even suggesting that they are covers for middle eastern terrorists.

Your family was lucky to get to us at a time when we weren't turning inwards and showing fear and hatred of all people not lilly white and like us. The current president has openly expressed more desire for white immigrants from western Europe over "others" from countries he has decreed rather nasty names for.

We are better than this. And the minute we forget that if the shoe were on the other foot we'd do the exact same things as these people are doing.

No, what I mean is you, like I, would do everything in their power regardless of the borders or laws of other countries to save ourselves and protect our families.

To sit in judgement of the means these people use as if they are doing something wrong for the fun of doing something wrong is, itself, wrong.

You know that if your family was threatened today you'd do whatever you had to do to protect them.

Just as I would.

If I found myself under threat and without hope but there was a chance I could be safe or have a life in Canada you know I'd make a run for that border right now. Just as you would too.

We're not talking just about "you" and "me". We're talking about millions of oppressed people who will caravan to the U.S. if we allow unrestricted entry here. Too many 'escapees' overload and capsize 'freedom' boats all the time. The same will happen to the U.S. if everyone 'clambers on board'.

People all over world routinely move for economic and safety reasons, but the U.S. is being 'targeted' for such movement by masses of people. There must be other places for them to seek 'refuge' as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This isn’t Forrest Gump, someone did just decide to go for a run to the border and then people joined in the cause.

They are being transported, fed, clothed and given medical attention.

Find out by whom (UN), and you find out how authentic it is.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The United States of America goes way back of imprisoning people who are not like the WASP male long before Japanese American families were imprisoned during WWII. America already had prisoner of war camps established long before that but these encampments were also called Reservations. The truth is, xenophobia against foreigners and racism against minorities has some very deep roots in this country, going all the way back to its inception and even beforehand, despite the perpetual and disingenuous facade that this country was founded upon freedom, liberty and justice for all.

First and foremost in that argument is the fact that America is the land promised to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; principally the descendants of Joseph. It was not promised to anyone else. The indigenous peoples were like the Canaanites, who had to be displaced so Israel could claim the land promised to them by God (who owns all the land and gives it to whom He pleases).

Of course that meant one ethnic group, today called WASP's, would possess the land. So of course other peoples were discriminated against for a time.

But that time is past, God has kept his promise, but the land is now open to anyone (although some don't like that very much). However it should not be open to everyone. 'Too many cooks spoil the broth', and all that. :preach:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First and foremost in that argument is the fact that America is the land promised to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; principally the descendants of Joseph. It was not promised to anyone else. The indigenous peoples were like the Canaanites, who had to be displaced so Israel could claim the land promised to them by God (who owns all the land and gives it to whom He pleases).

Of course that meant one ethnic group, today called WASP's, would possess the land. So of course other peoples were discriminated against for a time.

But that time is past, God has kept his promise, and the land is now open to anyone (although some don't like that very much). However it should not be open to everyone. 'Too many cooks spoil the broth', and all that. :preach:

Bull baloney and that's to put it politely. But like usual, some Christians always seem to find a way to justify themselves and their actions by using the bible and God's name. It reminds me of the Manifest Destiny garbage and the justification to enslave and own black people by using the bible too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PaoloPorini1972

Nov 29, 2018
California
✟1,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
We're not talking just about "you" and "me".

yes we are. These are HUMAN BEINGS. In other words they are the same as you and I. They just had the misfortune to be born into a much worse-off place than you and I.

There are even Bible verses about this! As we would want done to us we should do to others. If we can't recognize humanity in THESE people we forfeit our humanity.

People all over world routinely move for economic and safety reasons, but the U.S. is being 'targeted' for such movement by masses of people. There must be other places for them to seek 'refuge' as well.

We are, like it or not, the richest nation in this hemisphere if not the world. This is the price of being well-off.

Why is this such a scary concept for some people? I know why. Because we see that MAYBE, just maybe we will have to give up something so that others may have something. And that is probably the hardest lesson any human can ever digest.

And why real Christianity is so very, very rare.

Upvote 0

PaoloPorini1972

Nov 29, 2018
California
✟1,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
This isn’t Forrest Gump, someone did just decide to go for a run to the border and then people joined in the cause.

They are being transported, fed, clothed and given medical attention.

Find out by whom (UN), and you find out how authentic it is.

So long as we can find the EVIL in others we are doing good, right?

Upvote 0