✟15,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey.
With Holy Week coming up, I thought I'd write some meditations.
I find this helpful to me - I mean the writing - and at the same time the praying.
I put them up on my website.
I find myself particularly drawn to meditation upon Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.
I don't know why, but I find this such an impossible mysetery.
Maybe it is to do with choice.
Maybe here is a decision-point - indeed the decision point.
I find I take myself in prayer to Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.

This is on my website - so maybe here a plug: Listen To The Bible KJV! :) | Meditations On The Love Of Jesus Christ In The Garden Of Gethsemane
This is a part of what I wrote - which I think is good and I hope you like me to share:

‘And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.’ – Luke 22:44

As I meditate on the love of Jesus Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane, my heart is heavy with the weight of Jesus’ agony. In Matthew 26:39, Jesus prays to God, saying: ‘O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.’ This moment, the night before Jesus’ crucifixion, is a poignant reminder of the depth of Jesus’ love for humanity.

The Garden of Gethsemane, located at the foot of the Mount of Olives, was a familiar place to Jesus and to his disciples. But on this night, it was different. Jesus knew that his time on earth was coming to an end, and Jesus was filled with anguish as he contemplated the suffering and death that lay ahead. As Jesus prayed, he sweat drops of blood, a physical manifestation of his emotional and spiritual pain.

As I reflect on Jesus’ agony in the Garden, I am struck by the enormity of the burden Jesus was carrying. Jesus was not just facing his own suffering and death, but also the weight of the world’s sin and suffering. Jesus knew that he was the only one who could take on this burden, and he was willing to do so out of love for humanity.

In this moment, Jesus’ prayer is a beautiful example of submission to God’s will. Despite his agony, Jesus chose to surrender his own desires and accept God’s plan for his life. Jesus knew that this was the only way to bring salvation to the world. This act of selflessness is a testament to Jesus’ deep love for humanity.

As I meditate on Jesus’ willingness to submit to God’s will out of love for humanity, I am inspired to examine my own life and faith. How often do I choose my own desires over God’s plan for my life? How often do I resist the call to serve others and share the love of Christ with the world? Jesus’ example challenges me to surrender my own will to God’s will, and to follow Jesus’ example of sacrificial love.

‘Christ’s prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane always makes us feel the crushing weight of evil borne by the Son of God. Yet there is always an even deeper dimension: the certainty of Christ’s victory over evil, which becomes a seed of hope for the entire world.’ Pope Francis

Meditations On The Love Of Jesus Christ | The Love Revealed In Jesus’ Betrayal And Arrest

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.’ – Matthew 5:44

As I meditate on the love of Jesus Christ, I am struck by the depth of his love even in the face of betrayal and abandonment. In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus was betrayed by one of his own disciples, Judas Iscariot, and later abandoned by the rest of his disciples as he was arrested by the soldiers.

It is hard to imagine the pain and hurt that Jesus must have felt in these moments. Yet, even as he was being betrayed and abandoned, Jesus still showed love and compassion towards his disciples. Jesus did not lash out in anger or retaliate against those who had turned against him. Instead, Jesus demonstrated forgiveness and love.

In reflecting on Jesus’ love for Judas, I am reminded that Jesus’ love is not conditional. Jesus loved Judas even though he knew that Judas would betray him. Jesus’ love is not limited by our actions or our failures. Jesus loves us despite our flaws and imperfections. This is a powerful reminder of the depth and magnitude of Jesus’ love for us.

As I reflect on Jesus’ willingness to suffer for the sake of love, even in the face of betrayal and abandonment, I am inspired to examine my own relationships with others. How often do I respond to betrayal or hurt with anger or resentment? Jesus’ example challenges me to respond with love and forgiveness, even in the face of pain and suffering.

Jesus’ arrest and betrayal also remind me that love requires sacrifice. Jesus was willing to suffer and even die for the sake of love. Jesus’ example challenges me to consider what sacrifices I am willing to make for the sake of love.

‘Jesus shows us the path to love by his patience in enduring our infidelity, in bearing our weaknesses and failings, in forgiving us seventy times seven, in constantly lifting us up from our sins and mistakes.’ Pope Francis