• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Meditation question.

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by W2L, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Romans 8

Romans 8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It depends on your objective. I don't see the point of doing Buddhist meditation if you're a Christian. Buddhist meditation does not glorify God, more like the opposite. To edify your Spirit, you should be speaking in tongues. This is how you glorify God and grow in your Spirit.

2. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    I feel so very sad and so tired. I dont think most people can even understand. Meditation is useless with such a level of depression. I dont know how to rid myself of this pain. People are toxic and im an utter failure. Suicidal thoughts run rampant in my fractured mind. I cant even talk about it because i couldnt bear the judgment i would face, and the stigma as well. Death doesnt seem so bad when you live with severe suffering like this. Does anyone understand? Probably not, and i probably dont matter, not really. Im supposed to be cheerful and upbeat, but i am who i am, do i matter?

3. Romans 8

+1,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You need Jesus my friend. I think the lower we fall the easier it is to submit to him, and the higher we soar after he touches us . If you don't already belong to a full Gospel church, I would find one and get prayer. The church's job is to support you, especially when you most need it. God Bless!

4. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    Thanks but thats not helpful. Do you understand severe suffering? Do you know what its like to bear a burden you cant even talk about? Just keep it inside and let it devour you? Do you know what its like to have social anxiety fracture your mind to the point you cant function normally anymore?

5. Romans 8

+1,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Wow. Is Jesus not sufficient for you then? Are you looking for a pity party? If you're going to sit there feeling sorry for yourself, well then of course "that's not helpful". You are refusing help. If you're too afraid to go to get help from a church, then seek help from a psychiatrist. Either way seek real help rather than posting here on this forum.

6. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    I have a doctor. Why are you so judgmental?

7. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    I wasted my words on you, and you want me to go to church and waste them further?

8. Romans 8

+1,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I'm not judging you. I've offered a suggestion and you discounted it.
    I have social anxiety too. Social anxietys root is the fear of man. You need to place your fear in God where it belongs. I wrote a long reply to this in another thread on social anxiety if you haven't already read it. I've also posted some links on the fear of man and the snare that it is which the Bible speaks of. I would recommend focusing on shifting your fear to where it belongs by meditating on the scriptures which will help facilitate this shift.

9. Romans 8

+1,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    No wonder you are not finding help because you don't even believe help is possible. I can't help you I'm sorry.

10. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    So you are fearless? Somehow i think if your life was in danger you would fear and try to flee danger. I already know my words are wasted here, so i'll go bear my suffering alone.

11. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    there are people in this world who will always slip through the cracks and their end will be tragic. Thats real life, not every story has a happy ending in this world.

12. Romans 8

+1,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    1Cor 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

13. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    This is not about temptation though. Also, i dont fear man, i know man is toxic and so i try to stay away from people.

14. Romans 8

+1,077
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Single
    "There is some confusion about “temptation” and the King James Bible. We often think of “temptation” as an enticement to sin, but that is not always the sense of the word. Our English term “tempt” is from the Latin temptare, meaning, “to test, try, handle.” Hence, temptation in Scripture means “examine to see what is really inside; try; test.” The word “temptation” in 1 Corinthians 10:13 means any situation or set of circumstances that exposes what is really inside of us."

If you have social anxiety you fear man. You are worried about being judged by him because you care what he thinks. This stems from pride. Why are you arguing every point? How do you expect to receive help when you refuse to accept it?
    I told you I have social anxiety but I look at it honestly. Do some research into what I've presented to you here or you will continue feeling sorry for yourself in your misery.

15. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    No, i dont fear man, i ovoid them like i would a wild dog because they are toxic and i wont put myself through that anymore.

16. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+321
    United States
    Catholic
    Single

It seems to me that is an oversimplification. When you are in a conversation do you do all the talking? I hope not. Listening requires undistracted attention, not thinking about what you are about to say next or other things.

Pure alert attention is not emptiness. It is a fullness though not with images and words.

17. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    Forgive me.

18. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    some things you cant share with others, especially a charismatic because they apparently dont understand suffering.

19. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,860
    Christian
    Private
    Forgive me, im just going through a tough time right now.

20. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+321
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    May God give you peace no one can disturb.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List