Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord gives rest to the weary.

Only if they come to Him.

Take in the Word by sitting under an excellent pastor teacher.
For coming onto Him is to accept the Word of God.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest."
Mat 11:28​

We need to keep on learning more and more of God's Word. Not stop with a few rituals, traditions, and trying humanistic meditation techniques...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and
learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart, and
you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and
my burden is light.”

Keep on learning more and more?
That's what we have too little of.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Only if they come to Him.

Take in the Word by sitting under an excellent pastor teacher.
For coming onto Him is to accept the Word of God.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest."
Mat 11:28​

We need to keep on learning more and more of God's Word. Not stop with a few rituals, traditions, and trying humanistic meditation techniques...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and
learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart, and
you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and
my burden is light.”

Keep on learning more and more?
That's what we have too little of.
I dont listen to preachers much. I believe in simplicity rather than tradition. What can tradition teach me? Denominational-ism mostly. I believe in bible study but i keep my religion simple because that's what i see in scripture.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then you tell me how meditation solves real problems in a real way...

The meditation lessons I have witnessed to was all about letting your mind go blank and being able to relax via concentration. Transcendental meditation was the big thing when I was propositioned. I also knew someone who was involved with Buddhism, and that one got involved with the demonic realm.

Anything that is not of God is demonic when it alleges to have answers to the human condition.... Even Tibetan monks, who meditate on a regular basis, can be heavily influenced by demonic activity.

So what's new?

What happens when you fall asleep at night? Do you think all the way through it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I dont listen to preachers much.

I also learned not listen to 'preachers' anymore. They fake it and make up stuff too much in trying to please their hearers who want their biases justified by what is said.

I knew a pastor who graduated from one of the top seminaries. He was offered 100,000 a year to pastor a church. He told me he turned it down because they were going to tell him what to teach. Instead, he entered into the realm of independent non-denominational churches. Looks like that is why we find so many "preachers" today.

I only listen to those who can actually teach. Very few can these days. I have been studying daily since 1978. But, not without a qualified teacher. No one is his own teacher unless he is to teach others. And, even then he learns from other excellent teachers.

Very few are willing to dedicate their lives to make themselves capable to properly teach.
Very few should venture to teach if all of us are being Spirit led. James 3:1.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟83,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont listen to preachers much. I believe in simplicity rather than tradition.
Simplicity is the basic aspect of successful meditation in many ways . The idea is to clear away all thoughts and focus on inner peace and love. The pathway to the Christ Consciousness is pure, simple Love.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Buddhists and Hindus meditate with their minds. Christians meditate with their heart/spirit.

Listen to this video, it should help you greatly...

Do you know what the word "heart" meant when the Bible was written? Its the part of our mind where we have our convictions and conclusions! Its not about our emotions.

The righteous human spirit searches for TRUTH! Sound doctrine! Not flowery stuff to produce a mood. Its building truth upon truth! The human spirit is the contact point between our soul and the feeding of the Holy Spirit granting us more Word of God to eat upon.

Meditation in our heart (our brain) is the digesting of what we have been taught..... Only IF! Its sound doctrine!

The Holy Spirit will not cause us to digest junk food doctrine. Many are spiritually weak today because we are not finding/seeking sound doctrine... But, rather, seeking teaching so we can bond with others as to not feel alone. Its all a compromise with seeking Truth to make that happen.For we must lower God to our level to find that company we seek.

Our "spirit" is what was begotten by the Holy Spirit when we entered into regeneration. Psalm 77:6 was written before the Church age. Its was not speaking about the Holy Spirit, but our human spirit that was found in all born again Jews at that time of history. We also have a human spirit given at regeneration. But the Church now also receives the gift of the Holy Spirit taking up residence in our bodies.

Lucifer said in his *heart* I will make myself like the Most High. The heart is who we really are in our actions and choices. Its where we do our THINKING!

Emotional sloppy non thinking Christians are taught that the heart is where we have feelings of love. We are not being taught accurately. It leads to sloppy living for Christ.

Buddhists and Hindus become entrapped in an atmosphere induced by demons. Its not even the same things what is being called "meditation." The Christian is to think before all else. Feelings are simply the fruit of the thinking. But, not all thinking requires feelings. I do not feel 5 plus 5 is ten.

I know Hindus, and have known Buddhists. They walk inside demonic muses that they follow.

Satan competes with God. Satan wants to produce "good" people on earth to show he is as good as God, but fails miserably when he ends up producing stupidity and misery. Buddhists and Hindus' wisdom is based upon how well they learn the lie, while being demonically inspired to make some beneficial choices which at times are to show worshiping as they do, is good. Its all vanity.

Christians should meditate upon the Word of God being accurately understood, as they have been taught (hopefully, well). Our meditation is to be our spiritual "digestion" that takes place as the Word (like, digested food) becomes one with the one who has eaten it. We eat the Bread of Life and the meat of the Word.

Few Christians are ever exposed to sound doctrinal teachings on a regular basis. Most do not seek with all their hearts. They settle for comfort food.

Most the teachings we see become commercialized denominationalism. So, (many) Christians, Buddhists, and Hindus end up competing in an arena of vanity as far as knowing Jesus Christ is concerned.

Jesus Christ is all of the Word of God. Not just a few favorite emotionally moving passages. All of the Bible.

Of course Christians are saved, because in their beginning they believed in Jesus Christ. But afterwards its all a Satanic battle to keep everyone away from sound doctrine. For, sound doctrine is the only thing that defeats Satan's purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our "spirit" is what was begotten by the Holy Spirit when we entered into regeneration. Psalm 77:6 was written before the Church age. Its was not speaking about the Holy Spirit, but our human spirit that was found in all born again Jews at that time of history. We also have a human spirit given at regeneration. But the Church now also receives the gift of the Holy Spirit taking up residence in our bodies.

We are born into this world with a human spirit. This is what connects us to God. And this is what separates us from animals. At regeneration, He puts His Spirit in us. So yes, Christians have two Spirits.

Buddhists and Hindus become entrapped in an atmosphere induced by demons. Its not even the same things what is being called "meditation." The Christian is to think before all else. Feelings are simply the fruit of the thinking. But, not all thinking requires feelings. I do not feel 5 plus 5 is ten.

The mind is a tool. Nothing more.

Buddhists and Hindus believe the heart is in the head. This is not true. Your Spirit is felt in the place of your physical heart, this does not literally mean your physical heart is your Spirit.

You cannot reach God through your mind. You communicate with God through your Spirit. This is not an emotion.

I know Hindus, and have known Buddhists. They walk inside demonic muses that they follow.

Buddhists and Hindus do not have the Holy Spirit, and are not communicating with God, but instead are summoning demons. They are not aware of this, they are deluded. Pray for them.

Of course Christians are saved, because in their beginning they believed in Jesus Christ. But afterwards its all a Satanic battle to keep everyone away from sound doctrine. For, sound doctrine is the only thing that defeats Satan's purpose.

I don't believe in the false doctrine, "Once saved always saved".

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are born into this world with a human spirit. This is what connects us to God. And this is what separates us from animals. At regeneration, He puts His Spirit in us. So yes, Christians have two Spirits.

You are saying? That you did not need to be born again?

That you are born with a human spirit from your natural birth?

Being "born again" does not mean receiving the Holy Spirit. We receive now in the church age the additional gift of the Holy Spirit. But, before the Church age began old testament believers received a human spirit when they believed in the Lord.

Look at what was going on. Jesus was telling Nicodemus that he could not know who the Lord is unless he was born again.

At that time? Jesus was not yet glorified. So, the Holy Spirit was not to be given to believers until later at Pentecost.

So, the Holy Spirit baptism was not being given when Jesus told Nicodemus he needed to be born again.

Nicodemus needed to have a human spirit given to him by the Holy Spirit to be born again!

"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
Jn 3:6-7​

Spirit gives birth to spirit? That is not the same thing as what happens with the baptism of the Spirit. That baptism was not for the OT believers when they believed.

When the Holy Spirit enters a believer the Holy Spirit is not being born. For, the Holy Spirit is God and has always existed! Its our human spirit that is being given birth when we are born again.

We are all born spiritually dead. Those who refuse to believe in Jesus remain spiritually dead. That is why Jesus could say, "let the dead bury their own dead." He was speaking of the spiritually dead unbelievers. They had no human spirit, because they refused to be born again.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For Jesus was telling Nicodemus that he could not know who the Lord is unless he was born again.

At that time Jesus was not yet glorified. And, the Holy Spirit was not to be given to believers until later at Pentecost.

Jesus was not telling Nicodemus that he needed to be born again at that very second. He was explaining what was to come. They were sacrificing animals before Jesus was glorified. But they still had spirits. We are humans, not animals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are saying? That you did not need to be born again?

That you are born with a human spirit from your natural birth?

Being "born again" does not mean receiving the Holy Spirit. We receive now in the church age the additional gift of the Holy Spirit. But, before the Church age began old testament believers received a human spirit when they believed in the Lord.

Look at what was going on. Jesus was telling Nicodemus that he could not know who the Lord is unless he was born again.

At that time? Jesus was not yet glorified. So, the Holy Spirit was not to be given to believers until later at Pentecost.

So, the Holy Spirit baptism was not being given when Jesus told Nicodemus he needed to be born again.

Nicodemus needed to have a human spirit given to him by the Holy Spirit to be born again!

"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
Jn 3:6-7​

genez: read this article

Article: When Was Nicodemus Born Again? - Compass International

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was not telling Nicodemus that he needed to be born again at that very second. He was explaining what was to come. They were sacrificing animals before Jesus was glorified. But they still had spirits. We are humans, not animals.

Yes he was telling Nicodemus to be born again. Come on! How could Peter know then? How could the disciples know that Jesus is the Son of God when they did?

Compare Scripture with Scripture. And, not with some denomination's propaganda.

Believers today are being dumbed down because many do not know how to seek truth. They only seek things that sits well with them in their ignorance, while liking and wanting to preserve their subjective personal experiences.

There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."
Prov 14:12​

False teachers know how to promote ways that seem right to their hearers.

The Word of God when carefully read and finally understood? Contradicts them.

Then... along comes the denials when the truth is shown.

Jesus warned that those who deny Him (He is the Word). He will deny them! Deny them great rewards when eternity begins for the Church age believers.

You are now being confronted with truth you have not been shown before.

Will it be? Closed mind? Denier?

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes he was telling Nicodemus to be born again. Come on! How could Peter know then? How could the disciples know that Jesus is the Son of God when they did?

Compare Scripture with Scripture. And, not with some denomination's propaganda.

Believers today are being dumbed down because many do not know how to seek truth. They only seek things that sits well with them in their ignorance, while liking and wanting to preserve their subjective personal experiences.

There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."
Prov 14:12​

False teachers know how to promote ways that seem right to their hearers.

The Word of God when carefully read and finally understood? Contradicts them.

Then... along comes the denials when the truth is shown.

Jesus warned that those who deny Him (He is the Word). He will deny them! Deny them great rewards when eternity begins for the Church age believers.

You are now being confronted with truth you have not been shown before.

Will it be? Closed mind? Denier?

Are you looking for a debate? I do believe there's another forum for that. I'm just trying to explain to you what that passage means. If you have another interpretation that you prefer, so be it. God is not going to cast you into hell for believing you have no spirit when your born, nor will he cast me into hell for believing the opposite.

Check your idols. One of the biggest is the desire to be right. I'm not casting judgement, we all have this ability.

My main reason to be in this thread is to pass on that video which clears up much confusion regarding mediating on God's Word. Mark is a Holy man who walks close with God and can give information from the Holy Spirit. Watch the video.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you looking for a debate? I do believe there's another forum for that. I'm just trying to explain to you what that passage means. If you have another interpretation that you prefer, so be it. God is not going to cast you into hell for believing you have no spirit when your born, nor will he cast me into hell for believing the opposite.

Check your idols. One of the biggest is the desire to be right. I'm not casting judgement, we all have this ability.

Check your idols.

One of the aspects of this forum states:

"Those who choose to participate in this forum are looking for a deeper walk with the Lord through fellowship with His family."

You can not have a deeper walk if what you are walking in is error. Can you? So? As a brother fellowshiping with another? I am supposed to allow for you to continue walking in what is misunderstood? How is that going to help you find a deeper walk? If the rules were as rigid as you desire them to be? The forum's purpose would have to say its place where you can say what ever you wish and avoid any correction when you are wrong... There is no deeper walk to be found in misunderstanding what the Word of God says. Your choice.

My main reason to be in this thread is to pass on that video which clears up much confusion regarding mediating on God's Word. Mark is a Holy man who walks close with God and can give information from the Holy Spirit. Watch the video.

It does not clear up. It muddles up. That is... if you do not want me to give you information from the Holy Spirit. We are not to be islands unto ourselves. Fellowship is to be an exchange of ideas and a discussion. If not? What PROFIT can be gained from socializing with another if nothing is to be gained?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Buddhists and Hindus meditate with their minds. Christians meditate with their heart/spirit.

For us to better understand where this preacher is coming from I have included another video by him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For us to better understand where this preacher is coming from I have included another video by him.

Thanks for sharing. Mark is an amazing pastor. He will be touring through parts of the US and Canada this spring.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

He says, " Let the stillness of Christ come upon us."

"To do nothing and wait on the master."

"Meditation is an act of faith."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟75,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He says, " Let the stillness of Christ come upon us."

"To do nothing and wait on the master."

"Meditation is an act of faith."
Hypnotists do the same kind of things.... I even saw a hypnotist working a college crowd, and some were being "slain in the spirit." What is alleged, to be slain in the spirit. Its a hoax. Demons work in a realm, that if we do not have the needed Word of God understood accurately? It will allow for believers to become deceived.

The Scriptures teach that they become enemies of the Cross as they make their emotions their god.

There are a kind of emotion-driven, irrational believers that drove Paul to tears. They can not be reasoned with with the Word which gets habitually distorted because of their emotional reactions. Because emotions can not think and analyze what God wants us to "reason with." .

"Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters,
and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who
live as we do. For, as I have often told you before and now tell
you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.
Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach (emotions),
and their glory is in their shame."
Philip 3:17-19a
To the Greek speaking world in that day the word "stomach/belly" was used when describing what we now have a word for. That word we now have is " emotions." Their emotions rule them. They therefore can not think straight and narrow as required to follow the Word of God.

We might as well get some education on the matter. Because, its an issue that causes a great deal of discord amongst believers who have family members engulfed in such evil that works against not only the Word of God, but their "shame" is what Satan loves to parade before the world to show how irrational believers are.

We might as well learn about it for once.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟114,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hypnotists do the same kind of things.... I even saw a hypnotist working a college crowd, and some were being "slain in the spirit." What is alleged, to be slain in the spirit. Its a hoax. Demons work in a realm, that if we do not have the needed Word of God understood accurately? It will allow for believers to become deceived.

Mark is not a hypnotist if that's what you are implying. Yes, there are many deceivers out there but not all. For example: The "Bethel school of supernatural ministry" was founded by false prophets and many of the most popular "teachers" on YouTube are fake.

Some people regard everyone with gifts as charlatans and hypnotists simply because they do not have spiritual discernment and can not recognize the Holy Spirit.

We must have spiritual discernment or we will either fall for false prophets, or we throw out the baby with the bath water and we lose out on the blessings of the Holy Spirit and forfeit our own gifts and spiritual growth.

Upvote 0