• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Meditation question.

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by W2L, Dec 2, 2018.

1. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Im feeling poorly. I meditated on the Lord, and Psalm 23, as well as this song too. I was blessed.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
    Whose mind is stayed on You,
    Because he trusts in You.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+19,101
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    A beautiful verse, I do hope you feel better. I pray for you, Lord bless and strengthen you in Jesus name

4. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Thank you.

5. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    After thinking about this topic for a bit, i have come to the conclusion that meditation is good. Of course there are certain meditation practices which some people question and those are debatable i guess.

6. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Active Member

+286
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    I think of it as mental and spiritual hygiene.

7. Valetic

Valetic Addicted to CF Supporter

+536
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Biblical meditation is probably different to what you are keen to defining meditation as, the kind of meditation you are talking about is what I consider my quiet time of gently focusing on the presence of God. Jesus is God incarnate and simultaneously the Prince of peace so God is peace so when you spend time with God you find peace.

The biblical definition of meditation is something like a quiet murmuring of God's word. So literally scripture memorization or just thinking of God's word and letting it mean something to you.

Hate to be this blunt but eastern meditation from like Buddhism or Taoism or Hinduism or whatever is not Christian meditation and is borderline demonic if not completely demonic as it can induce experiences such as out of body experiences into the astral plain where manipulating spirits lurk which is something new agers are unaware of the deceptiveness of these beings, or anything truly demonic for that matter.

Jesus was very firm about Satan and evil. He never caved to such things. He always had a poker face around evil. Always.

8. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Biblical meditation, as seen in scripture, is simply to think about good things. At least that how i define it anyway.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  9. Akita Suggagaki

+286
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Demons lurk even within "Christian" practices, like unfair judgement of others and pride.

10. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    It occurred to me that praying for other people is good meditation.

11. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Psalm 131:2 Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
    Like a weaned child rests [d]against his mother,
    My soul is like a weaned child [e]within me.

12. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member

+438
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Married
    UK-Conservative
    Scriptural meditation is thinking and considering deeply on the Word of God. Your so called meditation is not thinking at all. How can you cosider the Word of God if you have emptied you mind?

13. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Empty my mind of bad things and think about good things. Sometimes i think of peace, and so i empty my mind and let peace rule my heart and mind. Is that wrong?

14. Akita Suggagaki

+286
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    That is always a misunderstood concept, "empty mind".
    The only time the mind is empty is when it is unconscious. What may seem empty is a mind at peace, conscious of existing without the inner monologue or images. Some people fear that purity of attention. There is no need to fear our own natural simplicity.

15. Akita Suggagaki

+286
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    No. It is beautiful.

16. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Its really just a matter of managing ones thoughts. Some days its not so easy to do, but i wait on the Lord.

17. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Good meditation includes singing songs, praying for others, pondering the word, and in my experience it is also choosing joy over despair and peace over conflict. Some days i feel far from the Lord and cant find joy and peace, in days like that i just wait on the Lord to call me back like a wondering sheep. Just some thoughts i had.

18. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private

19. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private

20. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,790
    Christian
    Private
    Yesterday i experienced a moment where i emptied my mind and rested in peace. This isnt something i can do always but it was good for that moment. Whats better? To empty your mind completely or to fret and worry about something?