Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
“My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.” (Proverbs 4:20-22)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus gives us the gift of the Holy Spirit, yet when the Spirit comes, He is loaded with packages! He desires to release much more in us and through us than we could ever imagine. These gifts are given for delivery, not for accumulation. We receive them to pass them on to others. - Jack W. Hayford

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. (1 Corinthians 12:4)​

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We have a supernatural God, Divine and all knowing. Psalm 82 says,
God stands in the congregation of the mighty,
He judges among the gods, elohim, mighty ones.
These are Divine beings under the authority of the God of Israel.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,952.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, GOD Judges among gods, of course.

John 10:34-36KJV:

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If GOD called them gods, unto whom the word of GOD came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of Him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of GOD?

Psalm 82:6-7KJV
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall die like men
, and fall like one of the princes.

Psalms 86:6-8
8 Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.

6 Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.

7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

Psalms 136::2
2 - O give thanks unto the GOD of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalms 135:5
5 For I know that the Lord is great, and that our Lord is above all gods.

Question:
Who are the false gods? --> 2 Corinthians 11:13-15, and Revelation 3:17-18

Psalms 149
Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in Him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.

3 Let them praise His name in the dance: let them sing praises unto Him with the timbrel and harp.

4 For the Lord taketh pleasure in His people: He will beautify the meek with salvation. -Matthew 5:5. Take a look.

5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged Sword in their hand; (Hebrews 4:12-13)

7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;

8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written
: this honour have all His saints. (Daniel 7:26-27)
Praise ye the Lord.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
(Psalms 1) Blessed is the man,who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,or stands with the way of sinners,or sits in the seat of the scornful... Delight in the Word of God! Meditate and think of God and His Word and be planted and fruitful in Him!

I had those verses memorized as a kid, but for some reason it took a long time for it to click that it is speaking about delighting in the Torah, yet I had been taught to hold a negative view of the Torah, so I realized that if I was going to continue to uphold the Psalms as Scripture that I needed to change my view of the Torah to match the one expressed in the Psalms. Furthermore, the NT authors considered the Psalms to be Scripture, so I also realized that I needed to interpret them as though they were in complete agreement with the extremely positive view of the Torah that is expressed in the Psalms.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,952.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had those verses memorized as a kid, but for some reason it took a long time for it to click that it is speaking about delighting in the Torah, yet I had been taught to hold a negative view of the Torah, so I realized that if I was going to continue to uphold the Psalms as Scripture that I needed to change my view of the Torah to match the one expressed in the Psalms. Furthermore, the NT authors considered the Psalms to be Scripture, so I also realized that I needed to interpret them as though they were in complete agreement with the extremely positive view of the Torah that is expressed in the Psalms.
There are two ways to interpret Scripture:

1- By the letter: the letter kills;

2 - By the Spirit: the Spirit gives life.
(2Peter 1:20-21-Complete Jewish Bible(CJB : - 20 First of all, understand this: no prophecy of Scripture is to be interpreted by an individual on his own; 21 for never has a prophecy come as a result of human willing — on the contrary, people moved by the Ruach HaKodesh spoke a message from GOD.

2 Peter 1:20-21 King James Version-KJV
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of GOD spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 1:1-4 and 8KJV
1 GOD, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days (last two days-2000 years) spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the EXPRESS IMAGE of GOD's Person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when he had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

8 - But unto the Son-JESUS-, GOD saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy Kingdom.

GOD's Kingdom? Revelation 11:15 to 18 combined with 1 Corinthians 15:24 to 28. Take a look.

May our Lord GOD bless us and keep us, and give us His protection
Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There are two ways to interpret Scripture:

1- By the letter: the letter kills;
2 Corinthians 3:6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our minds and writing it on our hearts, and in Ezekiel 36:26-27, the New Covenant involves God taking away our hearts of stone, giving us hearts of flesh, and sending His Spirit to lead us in obedience to the Torah, and in Deuteronomy 30:15-20, obedience to the Torah brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, so choose life! There are many other verses that say similar things, so 2 Corinthians 3:6 needs to be interpreted in light of these other verses in a way that is in agreement with them rather than a way that is contrary to them.

2 - By the Spirit: the Spirit gives life. (2Peter 1:20-21-Complete Jewish Bible(CJB : - 20 First of all, understand this: no prophecy of Scripture is to be interpreted by an individual on his own; 21 for never has a prophecy come as a result of human willing — on the contrary, people moved by the Ruach HaKodesh spoke a message from GOD.

2 Peter 1:20-21 King James Version-KJV
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of GOD spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 1:1-4 and 8KJV
1 GOD, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days (last two days-2000 years) spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the EXPRESS IMAGE of GOD's Person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when he had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

8 - But unto the Son-JESUS-, GOD saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy Kingdom.

GOD's Kingdom? Revelation 11:15 to 18 combined with 1 Corinthians 15:24 to 28. Take a look.

May our Lord GOD bless us and keep us, and give us His protection
Amen
The Son is the exact image of God's nature, so he embodied the God's nature by setting a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Torah. The Torah is God's word and Jesus is God's word made flesh, so we can't have faith in the one who embodies God's word instead of having faith in God's word.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,952.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 3:6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
By the letter of your words in your reply, I can discern the spirit that inspired you, if it is of GOD or not. Hebrews 4:12-13KJV :
12 For the word of GOD is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged Sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we must have an account.
God is light, and in him is no darkness at all - 1John 1:5

In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting the Torah in our minds and writing it on our hearts, and in Ezekiel 36:26-27, the New Covenant involves God taking away our hearts of stone, giving us hearts of flesh, and sending His Spirit to lead us in obedience to the Torah, and in Deuteronomy 30:15-20, obedience to the Torah brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, so choose life! There are many other verses that say similar things, so 2 Corinthians 3:6 needs to be interpreted in light of these other verses in a way that is in agreement with them rather than a way that is contrary to them.
Yes, what matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, self-executing, it fulfills itself LITERALLY in its own self, understand? By the way, you mentioned Deuteronomy 30:15-20, and what is written in the verses 17-19 combined with Deuteronomy 28:15-68, it fulfilled LITERALLY against the rebel Israel in Babylon, and mainly after the crucifixion of the Messiah- Yeshua / JESUS, for in the year 70AD Israel was destroyed by the Romans, and the people was banned from their earth and spread themselves around the Gentile world, from year 70AD to 1948, 1878 years of strong chatisements, and severe curses-Deuteronomy 28:15-68.

And from now on: what will happen with Israel?
Romans 2, among other biblical references, is a clue.
JESUS is of the house of David, but since ancient time Israel rebelled against the house of David: 1Kings 12:16-17 and 19:
So when all Israel saw that the king Rehoboam hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to thine own house, David. So Israel departed unto their tents.
17 But as for the children of Israel which dwelt in the cities of Judah, Rehoboam reigned over them.
19 So Israel rebelled against the house of David unto this day. (John the Apostle said:The Messiah came unto His own, and His own received Him not-John 1:11. Why? Exactly because JESUS was/is of the house of David, and of the tribe of Judah, and the Kingdom of Judah with headquater in Jerusalem, it was formed only by two tribes - Judah and Benjamin.)

With regard to the New Covenant, Jeremiah 31:33 and Ezekiel 36:26-27, what does the Word of GOD say? Hebrews 8:13- In that GOD saith, A New Covenant, He hath made the FIRST old (Yes, Old Testament). Now that which decayeth and waxeth OLD is ready to vanish away. And JESUS/Yeshua said: Matthew 11:13 - The prophets and the Law prophesied until John.

The Son is the exact image of God's nature, so he embodied the God's nature by setting a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Torah. The Torah is God's word and Jesus is God's word made flesh, so we can't have faith in the one who embodies God's word instead of having faith in God's word.
I would say you need to re-study your interpretation above. Meditate and think on GOD and His Word. The Word is GOD, self-executing as I have showed by this post. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the MOUTH of GOD. The Word that was given or proceeded out from the MOUTH of GOD is written in the Bible - Take a look in Hebrews 1:1-3.

Paul Apostle, wrote to the former and true Church of Rome before it apostate itself, full of Jews, saying: Romans 9:28-29
28 For GOD will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
29 And as Esaias prophesied, saying before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha. -- Terrible, very terrible.

Get ready

Upvote 0