• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Medication and being well

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. I have a medication to taken on SOS called olanzapine, but I've taken it everyday, then later I tried to stop it and all the fears I feel came back to my desperation. I then had to take it again yesterday. I guess I will have to take it everyday, not just in SOS.

Another thing... I pray a lot for God to put me well but as I've seen, He doesn't. I'm overwieght because of the medication that impairs my metabolism and increases my appetite. I feel awful and fearful of the furure. It's not easy to trust God when you see yourself not having a way of survival in society. It's hard.

• Prayers
Reactions: vinsight4u

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. I have a medication to taken on SOS called olanzapine, but I've taken it everyday, then later I tried to stop it and all the fears I feel came back to my desperation. I then had to take it again yesterday. I guess I will have to take it everyday, not just in SOS.

Another thing... I pray a lot for God to put me well but as I've seen, He doesn't. I'm overwieght because of the medication that impairs my metabolism and increases my appetite. I feel awful and fearful of the furure. It's not easy to trust God when you see yourself not having a way of survival in society. It's hard.
I cannot nearly understand man what you're going through but I will try to help as best I can and again I'm sorry you have to go through this. Remember knowledge is power so try to research some books on your illness to give you some information and to also hopefully find out some similar angles of fear of examples of fellow schizoaffective disorder bipolar type in such books. Maybe you will find out that if ever you have successes about all this and really step on all this bad stuff, you'll find yourself a golden age. I mean who knows, I mean you may find yourself only evolving and manipulate your way to have only the sharpest, brightest mind because all of your surviving as a result and dare I say it-only having a golden age for the rest of your life...or at least for a while. I know all this is hard to keep for yourself...but you have to try! Or at least in your own way. Everyone has their own galaxy in themselves, even you. Find that galaxy of yours and you can start making some moves in your life. Sorry, but this is just advice, I went on a long time there, heh, sorry. That's what I would do at least. Good luck and God bless. Worth the small risk of flipping some switches on in your life with the advice I tried to explain, no?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anx66

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2016
Haverhill
✟53,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with Schizo-affective disorder many years ago (the depressive type) and have been on Olanzipine. It's best to keep up with the meds, and have them reviewed now and again by a professional. Some of the drugs do have the side-effect of weight gain, as I experienced, but in my case the weight came off eventually.

I'll pray for you, that things will get better. Sometimes things get better quickly and sometimes things get better slowly, but trusting in Jesus will definitely help you to cope with the symptoms you have. I have gone from being a virtual hermit to being married, with 2 grown up children and a full time job. I still have residual symptoms, but I'm thankful to God that he is able to change our circumstances, and has done so for me.

It's not always easy to trust God/Jesus when the symptoms are strongest, but God can help you go through them and bring you out the other side.

I'm not sure how helpful this has been, but Jesus cares for you and I are, and I'm praying that you experience the hope that only Jesus can bring.

Love in Jesus
anx66

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0