North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is sad when anyone who reads the Bible, regardless of their religion, chooses abortion. It would be very easy for me to say, "I don't want a kid so I will have the baby aborted." But when making the decision no expecting mother should schedule an appointment without asking God what to do.

thing is, who is going to talk to God when you know His answer is "No please dont kill this one, please keep the baby I created for a reason."
you already know He doesn't want you to do it so it's easier to not go to Him so you can do what your selfishness dictates.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A pregnant woman can ask God, "What should I do with this baby inside me?" He will give her the answer she needs. Christian women need to learn to be more open-minded and accept God's answers.

Actually what Christian women (and all women) need is to not kill their babies with abortions.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is impossible without asking God to help them, obviously.

but for one person (two if you count the person in their womb) you can do something to help and save a life that God created.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't do anything to keep pregnant women away from abortion clinics. Somebody who personally knows them must do it. I believe people who talk women out of abortions are doing God's will.

you can probably do more than you think you can

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The fetus would never complain in heaven, but be a fully developed baby praising God in whatever way tiny babies can.
Well, if someone had an abortion when they were 23 years old and they were 43 now, that fetus would be fully mature and that person would be facing an adult. No one holds grudges, no one complains in a perfect, peaceful and loving place. It is not them I directed the question to, it was you. What would you say and how would you feel. Especially if they looked like you. I would imagine you would cry, but then Jesus would wipe away every tear.
This is something people never bring up, the likelihood that their aborted fetus will be up there in heaven waiting to say, "Hi, I love you ... and by the way do you have a name for me?"

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

HatGuy

Some guy in a hat
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
✟123,338.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fetus would never complain in heaven, but be a fully developed baby praising God in whatever way tiny babies can.
If you admit this, then you've just admitted that the 'fetus' is a person - a living human being. Otherwise, why would they go to heaven?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HatGuy

Some guy in a hat
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
✟123,338.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would I feel if I was the mother of a baby who was aborted? Very upset the rest of my life that I had been pregnant in the first place.
This seems highly insensitive to women who can't fall pregnant but really want to.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This seems highly insensitive to women who can't fall pregnant but really want to.

You asked me how would I feel, not other women. It is not insesiitive to say what I would do with my own body.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You asked me how would I feel, not other women. It is not insesiitive to say what I would do with my own body.
It's also not a fair question because in reality you have no clue how you would feel. Nobody would until they were in that situation.

I never realized just how life changing having children would be until it happened. I never realized how devastating losing a child can be until it happened. I never realized how satisfying loving other children through fostering could be until it happened.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As a Christian your body is not your own because you belong to God. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you admit this, then you've just admitted that the 'fetus' is a person - a living human being. Otherwise, why would they go to heaven?

At least some of the pro-choice people are finally admitting that unborn children are living human beings and not some blob of tissues that can be easily disposed of like garbage. I think it is still disconcerting that they don't see these unborn children as being created in God's image and are fearfully and wonderfully made by Him. They still don't see it as shedding innocent blood.

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Therefore honor God with your bodies." Of course, that means my body is my own. God uses my body. I would not be human if my reproductive system was not parts of my body.

Ironically enough, you left out two very important points in that particular scripture: "You are not your own; you were bought with a price" and "your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit." A woman taking the life of her unborn child and shedding innocent blood is definitely NOT honoring God with her body.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here is one you might find more acceptable: The mother has cancer and can't live without chemotherapy, which is passed to the fetus through the placenta and umbilical cord. UCs have two arteries and one vein. In this situation, the mother must choose between her own life or the baby's life. It is a no-brainer.

A father and his baby are caught in a burning building. The heat is so intense they cannot survive and the father is currently burning alive. The baby has already subcommed to the heat and is unconscious, but since the child is laying on the floor they are less burnt, and in better physical condition. The father can scoop up the child, run to a window shielding the child from the heat with his own body saving the child's life, but will certainly die in the process because of his already sustained injuries. The father must choose between his own life or the baby's life. It is a no-brainer. He jumps out of the window into the waiting arms of the paramedics just as soon as the house turns into a fully involved pyer.

Let's try applying some of this 'equality' I keep hearing about into the equation. What's more important to this hypothetical mother? Her child? Or her own skin? How is she any differnt than the man jumping from the window leaving his own child to die?

Upvote 0