Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
there are still consequences in this life for aborting babies, and in the next life.
gnashing of teeth for what might have been and all that

Are you suggesting that someone who has had an abortion cannot be forgiven? Gnashing of teeth doesn't exactly sound like heaven.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you suggesting that someone who has had an abortion cannot be forgiven? Gnashing of teeth doesn't exactly sound like heaven.

forgiveness yes, in this life gnashing of teeth over the loss of a person to abortion is an apt description of the continued anguish of what might have been.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fetus would never complain in heaven, but be a fully developed baby praising God in whatever way tiny babies can.

but the rewards and honor and glory it could have brought to the Lord have been robbed from it because it was never allowed to live.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
but the rewards and honor and glory it could have brought to the Lord have been robbed from it because it was never allowed to live.

So the unborn baby was not living during its few momths in the mother's body?

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So the unborn baby was not living during its few momths in the mother's body?

live longer

granted the longer we live the more mistakes we make but the longer we live also the more opportunities we have to bring glory to the Lord as well.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That was not what I asked.

you also did not respond to the gist of what I was saying where an aborted child is robbed of rewards in heaven as they are not given the chance to glorify God as they might have done.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No man/woman has a say in this. Its between her and the lord. To Him ONLY will we each answer. And its not a greater sin then any other. And in cases like this.. one makes tries to make the best choice. Not always right. Get our life in order 1st.. then help others

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
All that matters is you have no reason to try to force me to change my mind.
The Bible,
God's Commands,
God's Instructions,
Give Good Reason
not "to force" ,
but to show why it would be best, eternally, for you, to change your mind.

There's a lot more than just these few:
(add the ones , all of them, why to avoid God's Judgment / Wrath/ Displeasure)
Proverbs 31:8-10 CEV - But you must defend those ... - Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2031:8-10&version...

But you must defend those who are helpless and have no hope. Be fair and give justice to the poor and homeless. In Praise of a Good Wife - A truly.
Psalm 82:3 - Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Psalm%2082:3

Give justice to the weak and fatherless! Uphold the rights of the wretched and poor! CEV. Be fair to the poor and to orphans. Defend the helpless and everyone ...
Psalm 140 ERV - To the director: A praise song of - Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+140&version=ERV

and will defend the helpless. 13 Those who do what is right will praise your name; those who are honest will live in your presence. Easy-to-Read Version (ERV).

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No man/woman has a say in this. Its between her and the lord. To Him ONLY will we each answer. And its not a greater sin then any other. And in cases like this.. one makes tries to make the best choice. Not always right. Get our life in order 1st.. then help others
It is a much greater sin than many other sins, yes.
That's why those who do it, suffer so much grief, sickness, anguish, torment after this sin. (all God's punishment or scourging , or worse) ....
That's why those who simply steal, lie, cheat on their wife, do not suffer nearly so much
as those who do commit this sin.

• Winner
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’ve written about this before. In a nutshell this is my abortion story. At a routine appointment nearly three years ago I sat in a hospital room waiting to find out the sex of my unborn children. The techie says “We need to call a high risk doc” which I know is not really good news.
She then relays the news to me about his disability as well. My worst fears were correct. My unborn son would be bullied by his friends at school etc. I tried to stay positive and calm. But in the weeks that followed it was not always easy. I didn’t want to be that mom.
As a result of my experience I learned empathy. This is why I don’t hesitate to share my story. Not only do I want to bust myths I also feel a sense of relief as well.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Not true. Everyone has free will. It is up to the woman to make a decision. If she asks God what to do, it is her choice to ask Him and listen.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not true. Everyone has free will. It is up to the woman to make a decision. If she asks God what to do, it is her choice to ask Him and listen.

or the woman does not listen to God and kill her child devastating the aunty, uncle, grandparents. willingly inflicting sorrow and pain. it is a selfish decision to kill a child. even an evil inspired decision.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
She can be selfish and decide not to listen to God. You know most women who get abortions are Christian and still sin, right?

I wouldn't have said 'most' women who get abortions are Christian, but yes 'some' of the women who get abortions are Christian, including sadly one in my family who killed my niece or nephew, so yes I am well aware some who are Christian take life. there is a huge hole in our family where they would have been. it devastated us all. abortion is a terrible thing. we would have loved and cared for that person but he/she didnt get to know that love.

this is asked gently, have you anyone close to you who was killed by an abortion?

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Someone posted in a different thread 70% of women who get abortions are Christians.

that is very sad if that percentage is true isnt it. any abortion is terribly sad, but when it is a Christian doing it.. I mean shouldn't they know they are taking the life of someone God knit together in their mothers womb and who God has a plan for so God made them exactly the way He designed, someone who is fearfully and wonderfully made by Almighty God? so much loss in so many ways for so many people. Abortion is so wrong.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It is sad when anyone who reads the Bible, regardless of their religion, chooses abortion. It would be very easy for me to say, "I don't want a kid so I will have the baby aborted." But when making the decision no expecting mother should schedule an appointment without asking God what to do.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,069.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It would be very easy for me to say, "I don't want a kid so I will have the baby aborted."

yes from what you've said about your worldview it's very clear you would have no problem killing a baby.

Upvote 0