Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
For legal purposes, certain things have to be defined. In this case, when does the unborn human acquire certain rights and protection

For example, Is an unborn child counted in the census in 2020? Is using an IUD a criminal offense?

This is impossible. A woman needs to wait until she skips her next period to to suspect she needs to get a pregnancy test, then schedule an appointment with her gynecologist, and have an ultrasound to learn if a baby is growing inside her. The legal definition of a person can't begin before the second trimester Then if a fetal age is defined as a person Christians would go bonkers over the fact that embryos are not counted as people becaues they believe a zygote is a perosn. So it makes more sense to not add unborn babies to the 2020 census.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Therefore, as Christians, we should recognize that the 98% of abortions that are done for non-medical emergencies are immoral, wrong, and we shouldn’t support them.
By criminalizing them. Too bad we can’t stone them in the public square.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is impossible. A woman needs to wait until she skips her next period to to suspect she needs to get a pregnancy test, then schedule an appointment with her gynecologist, and have an ultrasound to learn if a baby is growing inside her. The legal definition of a person can't begin before the second trimester Then if a fetal age is defined as a person Christians would go bonkers over the fact that embryos are not counted as people becaues they believe a zygote is a perosn. So it makes more sense to not add unborn babies to the 2020 census.
Yes.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
By criminalizing them. Too bad we can’t stone them in the public square.
it’s comments like this that I typically see coming from the atheists in the general debate area, you would think a Christian here might be a little more charitable and less sarcastic.

You continue to make unhelpful, sarcastic, and off topic comments that really just make you look bad.

Abortion literally kills one of God’s most vulnerable and innocent creations - why doesn’t that seem to phase you? Why don’t you seem to care? Do you really disregard the unborn as that worthless?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it’s comments like this that I typically see coming from the atheists in the general debate area, you would think a Christian here might be a little more charitable and less sarcastic.

You continue to make unhelpful, sarcastic, and off topic comments that really just make you look bad.

Abortion literally kills one of God’s most vulnerable and innocent creations - why doesn’t that seem to phase you? Why don’t you seem to care? Do you really disregard the unborn as that worthless?
You want to have your purity somehow be codified but yet without being inconvenienced by the real fallen world’s imperfect habitants. Sorry that you cannot move ahead with your theocracy. I made peace with that years ago and God and I are on good terms.

Working with the poor, sick and dying is impossible if one is entrenched in your bubble. I’m not questioning what God calls you to do. If you don’t approve of God’s plan for me, take it up with Him.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Working with the poor, sick and dying is impossible if one is entrenched in your bubble.

But it isn't impossible to work with the poor, sick and dying and still be pro-life. I'm a liberal and I've been a social justice and political activist (and I've opposed abortion) for almost 30 years now.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Working with the poor, sick and dying is impossible if one is entrenched in your bubble.
Well, from my bubble, my wife and I have fostered over a hundred children, more than half of whom were newborns. I’ve easily spent 6 figures helping provide for the parents, when appropriate, of the children we have fostered. What have you done from your bubble?

You want to have your purity somehow be codified but yet without being inconvenienced by the real fallen world’s imperfect habitants. Sorry that you cannot move ahead with your theocracy.
No, I want to live in Truth. That means that I think it’s just as wrong for you to kill a 1 year old as it is for a woman to have an abortion for non-medical reasons. It has nothing to do with imposing religion, it has everything to do with protecting innocent lives.

You’ve mentioned multiple times lately about the peace you’ve made with God. Are you sure it wasn’t just rationalization, compromise, apathy, ignorance, and you convincing yourself of your peace? Because I don’t know any men of peace that would speak in such sarcastic and condescending tones as you have.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But it isn't impossible to work with the poor, sick and dying and still be pro-life. I'm a liberal and I've been a social justice and political activist (and I've opposed abortion) for almost 30 years now.

I have read a few articles that claim "pro-lifers" are not really pro life because they don't want to help the mothers and babies after birth. All they care about is almost every pregnancy being 9 months long. It's a shame most people who describe themselves as pro-lifers fail to help poor and sick moms and live babies like you do.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am “Pro Life”. But I include the After Birth in my world view. I am not a supporter of the political so called Right to Life movement

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, from my bubble, my wife and I have fostered over a hundred children, more than half of whom were newborns. I’ve easily spent 6 figures helping provide for the parents, when appropriate, of the children we have fostered. What have you done from your bubble?

No, I want to live in Truth. That means that I think it’s just as wrong for you to kill a 1 year old as it is for a woman to have an abortion for non-medical reasons. It has nothing to do with imposing religion, it has everything to do with protecting innocent lives.

You’ve mentioned multiple times lately about the peace you’ve made with God. Are you sure it wasn’t just rationalization, compromise, apathy, ignorance, and you convincing yourself of your peace? Because I don’t know any men of peace that would speak in such sarcastic and condescending tones as you have.
You just met one. As I said, take your grievances to your Higher Power.

That said, I don’t question anyone’s calling even if I don’t agree or see it the same way. I apologize if my frankness has been hurtful.

I’ll back out of this discussion since we are merely restating our positions now. :pray:

Upvote 0