Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
medical experts say get tested for std now

Lockdown 'once in a lifetime chance' to cut STIs

because there is std Epidemic with 110 Million std Infections in the USA

Hidden STD Epidemic: Maps Show Infection Rates in 50 States | Live Science

That shows a real knowledge and practicals application of biblical teaching.

The bible clearly teaches that Christians only have sex with the person they are married to.

For a 'christian' to encourage others to be tested for sexually transmitted diseases shows a low level of spiritual live among Christians.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

prosperity4all

Jul 30, 2019
new york
✟25,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

jesus of nazareth

"I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance"

jesus of nazareth

"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone "

jesus of nazareth

"your sins are forgiven now go and sin no more"

jesus of nazareth

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟931,727.00
Faith
Atheist
“Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

jesus of nazareth

"I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance"

jesus of nazareth

"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone "

jesus of nazareth

"your sins are forgiven now go and sin no more"

jesus of nazareth
What has any of that to do with your OP?

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That shows a real knowledge and practicals application of biblical teaching.

The bible clearly teaches that Christians only have sex with the person they are married to.

Genesis 30:1-3 “And she said, Behold my maid Bilhah, go in unto her; and she shall bear upon my knees, that I may also have children by her”

From my experience, the bible clearly teaches whatever it is the person preaching wants it to teach.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 30:1-3 “And she said, Behold my maid Bilhah, go in unto her; and she shall bear upon my knees, that I may also have children by her”

From my experience, the bible clearly teaches whatever it is the person preaching wants it to teach.

You said it right people only see or hear what they want to believe.

In the ancient near East what they did had legal implications for all parties and was not a form of casual sex.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You said it right people only see or hear what they want to believe.

In the ancient near East what they did had legal implications for all parties and was not a form of casual sex.

So concubines OK then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Queen Africa

Jun 2, 2020
Baltimore, MD
✟8,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
medical experts say get tested for std now

Lockdown 'once in a lifetime chance' to cut STIs

because there is std Epidemic with 110 Million std Infections in the USA

Hidden STD Epidemic: Maps Show Infection Rates in 50 States | Live Science

I disagree. 1 Corinthians 6:18 says to avoid sexual immorality, meaning sexual relationships outside of holy wedlock.

Deuteronomy 28:27 hints that there are consequences for sexual immorality, including diseases that cannot be cured (the scripture says exactly this).

The best vaccine, so to speak, against STDs is chastity until God brings you your life-time spouse.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟931,727.00
Faith
Atheist
I disagree. 1 Corinthians 6:18 says to avoid sexual immorality, meaning sexual relationships outside of holy wedlock.

Deuteronomy 28:27 hints that there are consequences for sexual immorality, including diseases that cannot be cured (the scripture says exactly this).

The best vaccine, so to speak, against STDs is chastity until God brings you your life-time spouse.
Um.. Are you suggesting that people who have not been chaste should not get tested? That seems ill advised.

Upvote 0

Queen Africa

Jun 2, 2020
Baltimore, MD
✟8,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um.. Are you suggesting that people who have not been chaste should not get tested? That seems ill advised.

What would be the point of getting tested for STDs among unchaste people? Most STDs can’t be cured. If someone has genital blisters from HSV-2, it never goes away. They have it for life. Same with HIV/AIDS. It’s not like a doctor can do anything about it.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟931,727.00
Faith
Atheist
What would be the point of getting tested for STDs among unchaste people? Most STDs can’t be cured. If someone has genital blisters from HSV-2, it never goes away. They have it for life. Same with HIV/AIDS. It’s not like a doctor can do anything about it.
If somebody is not monogamous, they should want to know whether they have a disease so A) they might be cured, B) they can take reasonable precautions (they exist), C) they can possibly stop having sex, D) they can inform their partners so the partner can do A through D and possibly stop a chain of infection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Antibiotics can cure some and others are treatable so that it is suppressed, such as HIV, to the point that it is not transmitted. It is always a benefit to know either way.

Upvote 0