Medical Expert Debunks False Claims of Planned Parenthood About Abortion in El Salvador

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The penal code of El Salvador establishes a prison sentences from 2 to 8 years for anyone who undergoes or performs an abortion in the country.

A Salvadoran medical expert has debunked the false claims about abortion in El Salvador made by a former journalist now working for Planned Parenthood.

In a statement to ACI Prensa, CNA’s Spanish language sister news agency, Dr. José Miguel Fortín-Magaña Leiva, a psychiatrist and former Director General of the Dr. Roberto Masferrer Institute of Forensic Medicine of El Salvador, said that Kate Smith, a former CBS News reporter who a few weeks ago became Planned Parenthood’s new senior director of news content, “is at best absolutely mistaken when she claims that in El Salvador women are imprisoned and harassed for induced abortions.”

“But even worse,” he continued, Smith is wrong in stating “that those who have suffered a miscarriage are also prosecuted and imprisoned by an infamous law.”

Abortion in El Salvador is completely prohibited, and the country’s constitution recognizes “every human being as a human person from the moment of conception.”

Continued below.
Medical Expert Debunks False Claims of Planned Parenthood About Abortion in El Salvador

• Agree
Reactions: WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The penal code of El Salvador establishes a prison sentences from 2 to 8 years for anyone who undergoes or performs an abortion in the country.

A Salvadoran medical expert has debunked the false claims about abortion in El Salvador made by a former journalist now working for Planned Parenthood.

In a statement to ACI Prensa, CNA’s Spanish language sister news agency, Dr. José Miguel Fortín-Magaña Leiva, a psychiatrist and former Director General of the Dr. Roberto Masferrer Institute of Forensic Medicine of El Salvador, said that Kate Smith, a former CBS News reporter who a few weeks ago became Planned Parenthood’s new senior director of news content, “is at best absolutely mistaken when she claims that in El Salvador women are imprisoned and harassed for induced abortions.”

“But even worse,” he continued, Smith is wrong in stating “that those who have suffered a miscarriage are also prosecuted and imprisoned by an infamous law.”

Abortion in El Salvador is completely prohibited, and the country’s constitution recognizes “every human being as a human person from the moment of conception.”

Continued below.

Taking a page out of NARAL's what to do narrative...

Of course it's lies, PPF is built upon lies.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Quite honestly, I don't think it will be long before being pregnant will be considered a crime, punishable by death of both mother and child.
Lord, have mercy! Christ, have mercy!

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

tz620q

Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟567,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Quite honestly, I don't think it will be long before being pregnant will be considered a crime, punishable by death of both mother and child.
Have you noticed the left has used their tried and true method of rebranding recently on abortion? They used to say that they were pro-choice and for complete autonomy of their own bodies. That became a painful paradox in logic when they came out vociferously for vaccine mandates. So now they have rebranded their position to be pro-abortion. The issue is that being pro-choice would allow for a woman to choose to have the child and still be within their position. Being pro-abortion by definition is to be for abortion over having the child. I know they will backpedal and say that I am not characterizing their position well; but words do have meanings and shouldn't require a lot of clarification on what you really meant.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith