eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Election exit poll - Boris Johnson on course for a majority

Polls opened at 7am and closed at 10pm - but thousands of Brits were seen getting an early vote in during rush hour.

Astonishing pictures of snaking queues - particularly in South London - allayed fears of a low turnout in the first December election in nearly 100 years.

Of course now the votes will be declared racist and homophobic.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Boris Johnson. That the guy they compare to Trump? That took some forklift through some blocks? HAHA.. yeah.. looked like something Trump would do. I don't know much about him or the other side for that matter. Praying for both. in Jesus name

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Great news, potentially, for the UK. Now the Tories have to step up and provide real leadership, as opposed to what they had been doing. UK is in cultural/political ICU and needs some serious remedial work with no time to lose. I wonder if there are ramifications for the US. Back in '16, the original Brexit vote presaged the Trump populist revolution. I would interpret this today as a prophetic sign that it will happen again this November.

Upvote 0

Uriah S

Stand ready in prayer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2019
Scotland
✟292,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
It's certainly looking a lot more than the 6% they were saying this week. More than lying though, that little indiscretion by the BBC political editor on Wednesday could definitely be seen as an attempt at steering the result.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What a delicious victory for British Conservatives, congratulations to Boris Johnson and his party. From the looks of things their proposal has passed and the UK will leave the EU no later than January 31st.

The American-British alliance is going to look the best it's looked since the war.

Upvote 0

Uriah S

Stand ready in prayer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2019
Scotland
✟292,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
... From the looks of things their proposal has passed and the UK will leave the EU no later than January 31st.

The American-British alliance is going to look the best it's looked since the war.
I haven't been able to follow the news closely, but gleaned that barring a couple of minor formalities the deal is done. I'm not breathing out just yet, there's the transition period which means we'll have left, but still under a lot of agreements until 31 December 2020. That's how much time there is for the EU to negociate the trade deal with us. Too soon to say exactly how that will go, but I believe Boris will drive a harder bargain than his predecessor.

One interesting development is that Brexit voters are coming out and saying so. The No-campaign may still have a squirm or two left in it, but it is well and truly over for them.

There are a number of agreements already in place, but yes, I don't personally see why we shouldn't be negociating deals with the US and others at the same time. EU economies need us as much as we need them.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I haven't been able to follow the news closely, but gleaned that barring a couple of minor formalities the deal is done. I'm not breathing out just yet, there's the transition period which means we'll have left, but still under a lot of agreements until 31 December 2020. That's how much time there is for the EU to negociate the trade deal with us. Too soon to say exactly how that will go, but I believe Boris will drive a harder bargain than his predecessor.

One interesting development is that Brexit voters are coming out and saying so. The No-campaign may still have a squirm or two left in it, but it is well and truly over for them.

There are a number of agreements already in place, but yes, I don't personally see why we shouldn't be negociating deals with the US and others at the same time. EU economies need us as much as we need them.

I'm glad to hear that Brexit voters are feeling confident in saying so. Given how our economy has flourished under the Trump administration, I would think forging stronger trade and economic exchange policies between our two countries would benefit the British too. Mind you, I'm not saying Trump will save your country or anything of that nature, just that I think Johnson may take a similar approach that Trump has and it could benefit the UK pretty well.

Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0