UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I my friend recently got a Miraculous Medal. He wants to wear it, but currently wears a chain that has a medal of his confirmation saint. He and I were wondering how many medals you are supposed to have on a chain and if there is a rule regarding the max amount allowed? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey, we are not Pharisees, with rules for everything! Wear as many as feel right - physically as well as spiritually. I often see people wearing two or three. More would probably start being weird - but again, there's no rule against it.

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I my friend recently got a Miraculous Medal. He wants to wear it, but currently wears a chain that has a medal of his confirmation saint. He and I were wondering how many medals you are supposed to have on a chain and if there is a rule regarding the max amount allowed? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
No max of medals rule. I have three I wear 24/7.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You can wear as many as you want. What may have confused your friend is that he may have heard about "Scapular medals"

If someone has made the promise and enrolled to wear a scapular (outside of a third order of religious) then they can substitute a medal for this. And there are sometimes rules for that concerning number and such.

But for just wearing medals and having them on a chain there is no limit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.