Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Further to the above, I should have mentioned a very important Psalm in this regard.

Ps 131 reminds us that the deeper revelation will not come without intellectual humility and

one must no longer crave for knowledge.

The weaned child no longer craves for milk but is at rest.

At rest we hear the deeper things, and these are a gift from Him - not the result of our studious efforts.

This revelation is always first hand.

It is possible to argue the context of Jeremiah 23:30 but in modern Christianity there is much word stealing going on. Folks rushing from one conference to another seeking the Word of Jesus from others and failing to receive it personally.

Personal revelation brings growth, and the fresh bread we need to be spiritually nourished.

1 John 2:27 is a key verse confirming this.

These truths were given to an early church soon to face persecution that needed to go 'underground' and yet be sustained. The modern church in many parts is not under such pressure - yet - but it's best to learn this beforehand.

Lastly it is from personal revelation that we can share a word with authority. This takes honesty - sorting out what we have really received from Him knowing when and where to share it. The Greeks had 2 words for Knowledge - Gnosis and Epi-Gnosis. The latter means 'total knowing' i.e. that which we receive from revelation.

Our forum is full of conflicting views - if each contributor was speaking from personal revelation this would largely disappear.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi Family,

How and when are we as Christians ready to go from the milk of the Word to the meat?

How do we know?

Natsumi Lam

I think God gives us hints we should move on.

The most obvious one is the fact that I've seen in a few churches where pastors preach the same message over, and over, and over.... That sort of thing is what keeps Christians from growing. Many people after spending time in church can be bored to tears because so many other issues relevant to their lives aren't addressed, so their is no room to grow. But in reality many people have lots of problems and issues,and their are many passages that address them! I really believe God wants you to "Be all that you can be!" as the old Army recruiting slogan use to say. Our curiosity, and boredom is a built in response that we should motivate us to learn more and grow in the things of God.

Besides that, God himself causes us to experience things in our lives that will force us to grow. Personally, I've had an issue where I failed at some early career ambitions, and that was something that was very difficult for me and that is something that really is seldom addressed at all in church. I found a great article that covered that issue that helped me.

Failure | Reasonable Faith

Upvote 0