Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ideally I'd be a vegan but I've managed to reduce meat consumption considerably; even in my circumstances. Not only is my concern for my health, but I'd say my primary concern is the environmental impact and industrial mistreatment.

This is a sub-forum for health/nutrition, so I'll get to it. Found some information I thought should be shared, it was both a help and interesting. Naturally planet proteins don't have all essential amino acids forming a complete protein; least not separately, yet if you eat a variety of legumes and nuts plus grains too through the day and not necessarily at once. By eating a variety you get different essential amino acids (and nutrients such as vitamins/minerals) your body needs to form complete proteins.

Nutrients to consider when reducing meat are B vitamins (B12, B6, B9 [folic acid, folate, folacin], B3 [Niacin], B2 [Riboflavin], zinc, iron, selenium (omega 3 too?). Not read the article yet, but looking for information about selenium and omega 3 as I'm cutting tuna from my diet; couple examples I found are broccoli and cauliflower which I've been eating.

Any additional information and discussion are welcomed!

Cutting down on meat? Be careful what you replace it with.

http://www.gll-getalife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/list-of-legumes.png

Broccoli vs Cauliflower – Nutrition Facts, Health Benefits, Side Effects