Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a statement on this Forum about recognized Fundamentalism beliefs, yet it also varies in practice by various Christians. Rather than use that term I speak of Bible-only as my choice, which is probably different from many fundamentalists ---though I guess I am fundamental if one allows that is FULLY holding to the Word of God, rather than various sectarian practices who see self as a fundamentalist. Maybe it is all in the 'eye of the beholder'??? Let us just be happy to value God's Word fully and help all seekers to go on well in communion with our Creator-God as given in His Word alone ---right? I don't think our God gave us religion, but His Word Of Truth! I expect to be judged in Heaven as to the Holy Bible and not any ideas I might have.

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fundamentalists - in my usage - are usually people who reify and nominalise, therefore they don't have any interpretation of Scripture or belief at all. They don't see any dimensions or layers in existence of any kind. That is a mistake that, sadly, many atheists make as well.

When truth is being brought forth however, words which allude highlight intersections in meaning. This is how real communication takes place. Then relative priorities among inessentials, anything genuinely incompatible, and the right kind of tact and discretion to employ around everything, will emerge to our mind's view, if we have a good spirit at heart. It's Jesus' will that we be firm, not brittle.

Perhaps "fundamentalists" in the sense intended by the forum owners are really people that are doing these things already? Perhaps there is no difference between them, and "non-fundamentalists"?

Around belief we need to continue praying for ourselves and our fellows for this, otherwise living emphases become ideologies. Bad leaders maintain control by making their "membership" forget they are independent individuals.

Upvote 0