Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And are therefore actively engaging in sin.

Others disagree. It's a wacky world.

If one has to choose between advancing love and advancing hate some Christians choose wrong. Those are not those with same gender partners or those who honor them.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Dear Texas Lynn,
You mean there is no such thing as a Christian person as in born a Christian. yes I agree, so there isn’t such a thing as a gay Christian either based on that logic, yet some here seem to be claiming there is. Certainly there are people who have identity in same-sex attraction (gay) and people who have their identity in Christ (Christian)

Yes I am sure there are many gay Christians.

All Christians are sinners and homosexuality is a sin.

The problem here is many claim they were born gay and therefore God made them that way so they cannot repent and be saved if they do not believe its their fault.

The whole people are born gay theory is Satans trick to get people not to repent. Satan does not want them to repent and be saved . Satan wants then to make excuses and Go to hell.

But God loves sinners even the ones who commit that detestable sin of gay acticity.

John 3 : 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.

Acts 3 : 19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. 21He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

Upvote 0

Candide

May 26, 2007
Reno
✟8,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Carey, I'll ask you again, what is your reasoning/evidence for saying that some people aren't born gay?

Where in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is a sin? Where does it say that being attracted to somebody of the same sex (something that at least some people don't chose) is a sin? Isn't it possible to be attracted to somebody of the same sex, yet be celibate? Where in the Bible does it say that people doing that are sinners?

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And they have a right to make the choice to disagree with what God has said that
you left out of my quote (
1 Corinthians 6:18 "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man does is without the
body; but he that commits fornication sins against his own body.")
which clearly shows
them in err and the choice to reject it as well as Him as Lord. We are created with the ability to choose freely what and whom we will incline our ears and our hearts to. As well, they also have a right to the consequences that come with those choices. We all do. Politically correct spins on things and misrepresentations of the actions on the part of those who do accept God's Word and attempt to abide by them as well as personal subjective opinions do not negate what God has said and revealed to us and expects us to acknowledge and receive as morally absolute.

Others disagree. It's a wacky world.

If one has to choose between advancing love and advancing hate some Christians choose wrong. Those are not those with same gender partners or those who honor them.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Sorry ...the above speaks volumes about you, Carey. Your comments have NOTHING to do with the Bible ...now, do they? Why don't you come clean and confess that it's YOU who hates homosexuals and that you simply use the scriptures to support your own prejudice regarding this issue ...? I for one would have more respect for you in regard to your honesty anyway.

By the way, I'd appreciate it if you were to respond to my post #140.

I have so much to rspond too please put all these accusations and/ or questions in 1 post na I promise to respond to each .

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Carey, I'll ask you again, what is your reasoning/evidence for saying that some people aren't born gay?

Where in the Bible does it say that homosexuality is a sin? Where does it say that being attracted to somebody of the same sex (something that at least some people don't chose) is a sin? Isn't it possible to be attracted to somebody of the same sex, yet be celibate? Where in the Bible does it say that people doing that are sinners?

There is no scientific PROOF either way on whether people are born gay or not.

The Bible says to try not to have sinful thoughts.

So if you look at aman or a woman lustfully it is a sin.

The problem is not admitting looking at the same sex and having homosexual realtions is your choice and your sin.

If you admit your sin and are sorry for your sin your sin is erased. It is called repentence.

Acts 3 :19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

But God knows your heart and your thoughts it is between you and God.

Matthew 15 : 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.'

Matthew 9 : 4Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?

Romans 13 : 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

Phillipians 4 : 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Colossians 3 : 1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

5Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[b] 7You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. 12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
^ Lol, creepy. First McDonald's commercial....

After reading this thread, I don't think I will eat McDonald's anymore at all, but then again, I haven't had McDonald's for about a year. Shame on McDonald's, and Ford for supporting such abominations....
The only thing that is creepy is what Christians cherry pick the Bible out as an abomination and discard as not. If you are going to take the Bible literally, take it literally on all of it.

Stop wearing clothing of mixed fabrics, eating red meat, condone slavery, etc.

Homosexual agenda? what about the anti-gay agenda that is full of lies that the AFA and "Pseudo-Doctors" like Paul Cameron keep spreading around with misleading/false data? I suppose I won't get an adequate answer to that one...lol

Upvote 0
C

catlover

The only thing that is creepy is what Christians cherry pick the Bible out as an abomination and discard as not. If you are going to take the Bible literally, take it literally on all of it.

Stop wearing clothing of mixed fabrics, eating red meat, condone slavery, etc.

Homosexual agenda? what about the anti-gay agenda that is full of lies that the AFA and "Pseudo-Doctors" like Paul Cameron keep spreading around with misleading/false data?

Davedjy we can simply be grateful corporations like Ford and McDonalds are not caving the right wing agenda. The louder loving Christians are, the ones who embrace diversity get the more corporations will pander to that ideal.

We have allowed right wing Christians to be too loud, now we simply need to be louder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have to state: I purposely went out of my way to get a McDonalds coffee today because of this thread. I thought of the bigotry the AFA spreads...and decided for family member's birthdays etc I will buy them gift cards from McDonalds.
LOL ~ good one, Catlover!

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have to state: I purposely went out of my way to get a McDonalds coffee today because of this thread. I thought of the bigotry the AFA spreads...and decided for family member's birthdays etc I will buy them gift cards from McDonalds.

You know, if there's one thing that can redeem corporate America for me it's that they are being unfairly demonized by the religious right. I hate Mickey D's and Wal-Mart and Starbucks too but compared to the Religious Right they're freakin' saints.

Kids've been wanting old fashioned Mickey D's meal and it's time to relent and honor honest business.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And they have a right to make the choice to disagree with what God has said that
you left out of my quote ( 1 Corinthians 6:18 "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man does is without the
body; but he that commits fornication sins against his own body.") which clearly shows
them in err and the choice to reject it as well as Him as Lord. We are created with the ability to choose freely what and whom we will incline our ears and our hearts to. As well, they also have a right to the consequences that come with those choices. We all do. Politically correct spins on things and misrepresentations of the actions on the part of those who do accept God's Word and attempt to abide by them as well as personal subjective opinions do not negate what God has said and revealed to us and expects us to acknowledge and receive as morally absolute.

God said zero on the matter.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Davedjy we can simply be grateful corporations like Ford and McDonalds are not caving the right wing agenda. The louder loving Christians are, the ones who embrace diversity get the more corporations will pander to that ideal.

We have allowed right wing Christians to be too loud, now we simply need to be louder.
I agree, Catlover, very true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
How exactly is the existence of hundreds if not thousands of published peer reviewed studies showing sexual orientation to be inborn “propaganda”?

I can put together any Group of peers I want and get any speculative theory I want.

The group of peers you are speaking are just a left wing buased group trying to make something out of nothing.

Upvote 0

Carey

Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Texas
✟25,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
JUst remember.

Yes I am sure there are many gay Christians.

God never said repent for who you were born.

All Christians are sinners and homosexual thoughts and actions are sin.

The problem here is many claim they were born gay and therefore God made them that way so they cannot repent and be saved if they do not believe its their fault.

The whole people are born gay theory is Satans trick to get people not to repent. Satan does not want them to repent and be saved . Satan wants then to make excuses and Go to hell.

But God loves sinners even the ones who commit that detestable sin of gay activity.

John 3 : 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[f] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.

Acts 3 : 19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. 21He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.