Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Benghazi investigations support my point, don't they? How many Benghazi investigations, how much taxpayer money spent on them, and how many charges came from them?

I'm suggesting we'll go through this investigation and in the end nothing will be any different beyond rhetoric, finger-pointing, and time on camera. Wait and see. We'll know soon enough.

I used to be against all congressional investigations. Simply because almost all of them are political show and nothing comes out of them.

I know you will disagree with me, but after past 4 years, I realized we don’t have enough guiderails to protect our democracy. Even if these “political show” of investigation gives somewhat guardrail to our democracy I am ok with the show. Today the congress is same party as WH, but tomorrow it will be opposition party. I want congress to do it’s part to keep executive branch accountable, in doing so if we have to put up with some of the “ photo-op” I am ok with that.

Most of my life I heard people say “ American people care about kitchen table issue and not all this Washington’s politics and fighting”. I used to agree with that too, but now , I would rather have a gallon of gas cost $15, as long as we have democracy. I don’t care these investigation cost millions of dollar and they are nothing but political show, but as long as it is a “ democratic process” I am ok.

To me our democracy is priceless and we almost lost our democracy. To keep the democracy alive , I am ok with putting up with some nonsense.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
At least McCarthy is consistent...

223063350_10159374071132962_4463543659300538940_n.jpg

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Along with Kinzinger, I have read Pelosi is considering Denver Riggleman for a spot on the committee. He's a republican from Virginia whom republicans ousted after he dared to speak truth about the republican coalition abandoning their principles in favor of fealty to trump. Denver is also an ordained minister who married a gay couple together. He has seen firsthand how republicans abandoned truth and I believe he's a good addition to the committee. He is not afraid of reality and he will not obstruct the investigation. It's clever how Pelosi is using the very republicans who have been demonized by the party for speaking truth to Americans. Mccarthy is not an effective leader at all. It seems this trump inspired tribalism has him spinning in circles. I am curious to find out more particulars of the insurrection and so are millions of Americans. Republicans' continued obstruction of the truth will not be forgotten by voters.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Along with Kinzinger, I have read Pelosi is considering Denver Riggleman for a spot on the committee. He's a republican from Virginia whom republicans ousted after he dared to speak truth about the republican coalition abandoning their principles in favor of fealty to trump. Denver is also an ordained minister who married a gay couple together. He has seen firsthand how republicans abandoned truth and I believe he's a good addition to the committee. He is not afraid of reality and he will not obstruct the investigation.

That he's lasted this long without being ousted by the party is a small miracle.

It's clever how Pelosi is using the very republicans who have been demonized by the party for speaking truth to Americans. Mccarthy is not an effective leader at all. It seems this trump inspired tribalism has him spinning in circles.

Through all the efforts to demonize Speaker Pelosi, nobody's ever denied that she's an effective leader who knows how to play the game...

I am curious to find out more particulars of the insurrection and so are millions of Americans. Republicans' continued obstruction of the truth will not be forgotten by voters.

I fear you give the voters too much credit... And too much power. The GOP is moving away from fickle, unreliable things like "voters," in exchange for things they can more easily control.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
For those keeping score at home, today the House will vote on 229 amendments to HR 4502, the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, Agriculture, Rural Development, Energy and Water Development, Financial Services and General Government, Interior, Environment, Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Act of 2022.

But remember, Pelosi "doesn't allow" votes on amendments.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
For those keeping score at home, today the House will vote on 229 amendments to HR 4502, the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, Agriculture, Rural Development, Energy and Water Development, Financial Services and General Government, Interior, Environment, Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Act of 2022.

But remember, Pelosi "doesn't allow" votes on amendments.
Pelosi doesn't allow amendments from the floor in the way that was routine before her ruling.

Here are the numbers of floor-offered votes allowed in recent years:
2011: 414
2012: 153
2013: 61
2014: 96
2015: 94
2016: 29
2017: 0
2018: 0
2019: 0
2020: 0

Refuting something that wasn't claimed isn't helpful to discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Along with Kinzinger, I have read Pelosi is considering Denver Riggleman for a spot on the committee. He's a republican from Virginia whom republicans ousted after he dared to speak truth about the republican coalition abandoning their principles in favor of fealty to trump. Denver is also an ordained minister who married a gay couple together. He has seen firsthand how republicans abandoned truth and I believe he's a good addition to the committee. He is not afraid of reality and he will not obstruct the investigation. It's clever how Pelosi is using the very republicans who have been demonized by the party for speaking truth to Americans. Mccarthy is not an effective leader at all. It seems this trump inspired tribalism has him spinning in circles. I am curious to find out more particulars of the insurrection and so are millions of Americans. Republicans' continued obstruction of the truth will not be forgotten by voters.
There's no way that putting a few Republicans who are solidly on the side of the Democrats on the committee even before there is any testimony taken can make what was already a slanted committee look legit.

In fact, Pelosi might as well keep all Republicans of any stripe off the committee and just let the usual ABC-NBC-CBS news shows present the doings exactly as they always do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
...that's today's GOP. Follow the whims of the former emperor to be cast out. It's more akin to a cult than a functioning political party in a democratic republic.

I think it's even sadder than that -- they're grooming themselves to be Donald II. They're too shortsighted to see that until Donald I exits stage right (either into a prison cell or pine box), they're wasting their time.

The nanosecond Donald I stirs up his 2024 political ambitions, all the wannabes will fall back into line... to lick boots.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Pelosi doesn't allow amendments from the floor in the way that was routine before her ruling.

Here are the numbers of floor-offered votes allowed in recent years:
2011: 414
2012: 153
2013: 61
2014: 96
2015: 94
2016: 29
2017: 0
2018: 0
2019: 0
2020: 0

Refuting something that wasn't claimed isn't helpful to discussion.
From 2011 to 2017 the amount of floor amendments went from 414 to 0. You know how many of those years Nancy Pelosi was Speaker? None. So she is continuing a trend that started before her, but it was Republicans who instituted the trend.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's no way that putting a few Republicans who are solidly on the side of the Democrats on the committee even before there is any testimony taken can make what was already a slanted committee look legit.

In fact, Pelosi might as well keep all Republicans of any stripe off the committee and just let the usual ABC-NBC-CBS news shows present the doings exactly as they always do.
That's just like uh...your opinion man. You say they're on the side of democrats? I say they are on the side of truth. The two republicans share the same desire to reveal truth to Americans as dems. It's a shame there's only two house republicans who have a desire to uncover truth to prevent this sort of attack in the future.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's just like uh...your opinion man. You say they're on the side of democrats? I say they are on the side of truth. The two republicans share the same desire to reveal truth to Americans as dems. It's a shame there's only two house republicans who have a desire to uncover truth to prevent this sort of attack in the future.

There might be more Republicans interested in truth, but McCarthy has forced them into submission.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
From 2011 to 2017 the amount of floor amendments went from 414 to 0. You know how many of those years Nancy Pelosi was Speaker? None. So she is continuing a trend that started before her, but it was Republicans who instituted the trend.
What I wrote in that post was correct, though.

Upvote 0