Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I felt wrapped in a cocoon of the Holy Spirit hearing the father speak the truth of God . I miss this so much.

I noticed New Bedford on the video. This is about an our from Boston down the South Coast. A very large Portuguese population. It was once the whaling capital of the world.
This is good to know. Thanks very much for the head's up.:wave::oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's why I'll wait and see what the Bishop has to say. Richmond is not that far from DC.
Let's hope so. He has ties to Scranton as well as working in DC. The bishops of Scranton and DC and the head of CUA (where he is on the board of directors) should all be interested.

The Day of Reckoning for Monsignor Rossi and the Hierarchy | The American Spectator | Politics Is Too Important To Be Taken Seriously.

Archbishop Viganò Confirms Allegations About Monsignor Rossi | The American Spectator | Politics Is Too Important To Be Taken Seriously.

Why National Shrine Rector Msgr. Rossi Wants to 'Move On' From Priest Abuse Scandal

And this last link is only a description of his career to date:

Diocesan priest is rector of ‘America’s Church’- The Arlington Catholic Herald

We can only hope our bishops actually have the best interests of the faith and of the faithful at heart. That has not always been the case.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Now, according to Neumayr, there never was a "barring notice" against him. The whole thing was a contrived lie.

Monsignor Rossi Retreats After I Discovered His ‘Barring Notice’ Fraud | The American Spectator | Politics Is Too Important To Be Taken Seriously.
I wonder if all of this will actually cause the new archbishop of Washington DC, Wilton Gregory, to have Rossi removed, suspended, and defrocked? This IS A TEST of whether the Catholic Church will be able to turn it around.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This IS A TEST of whether the Catholic Church will be able to turn it around.
One thing seems sure, it is a test of Wilton Gregory. No one should prefer strife or division, but the record is clear that sometimes the church needs purging of one type or the other. Writing in 1Cor 11, behind John 17 the chapter most focused on Body unity, Paul says:

For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you. -1Cor 11:19​

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
One thing seems sure, it is a test of Wilton Gregory. No one should prefer strife or division, but the record is clear that sometimes the church needs purging of one type or the other. Writing in 1Cor 11, behind John 17 the chapter most focused on Body unity, Paul says:

For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you. -1Cor 11:19​
We will see. Wilton Gregory was heavily influenced by cardinal Bernardin. Will that influence play out or not? It shouldn't take too long to tell which faction he really belongs to. If Rossi stays more than a couple of weeks, even if he is eventually forced out, I think it will be business as usual in that diocese. And buisness as usual there is now known to be a sordid thing.

Upvote 0