Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Washington -- February 2000 -- Republican presidential candidate Alan Keyes blasted rival John McCain on the abortion issue Monday, saying that anyone who votes for the Arizona senator "betrays" the pro-life position.
"John McCain is not pro life," said Keyes, who's criticized McCain's abortion position in the past. "Anyone who votes for John McCain betrays the pro-life proponents."

Keyes took a break from his South Carolina Republican primary campaign Monday to tell reporters at a Washington, DC news conference that he's not buying McCain's position on abortion.
The former ambassador referred to an earlier, theoretical question in which McCain was asked how he would respond to the question of whether a daughter of his should have an abortion. McCain did not say that he would tell his daughter to carry the baby to term.

"If he's going to give a pro-abortion, pro-choice answer to his daughter, he has given that answer to the rest of the country," said Keyes, who spoke at the National Press Club with no notes and no prepared text.
"In his heart, John McCain is not pro-life. I can hear what he says to his children, and unless he is some kind of unnatural parent, what we say to our children reflects the deep seated conviction in our heart," said Keyes.

McCain has twice voted to override President Bill Clinton's veto of a bill that would have ended partial birth abortions. He also voted in favor of a law that would have prevented family planning clinics that receive federal funding from counseling women on abortion. However he has come under criticism for votes for fetal tissue research, failing to vote on a crucial pro-Roe v. Wade amendment, and being the major backer of a bill that would stifle pro-life organizations' participation in lobbying and elections
Keyes said he will not support rival John McCain if McCain won the party's nomination because he is ``not pro-life.'' Keyes also said he could not continue to support a GOP that nominates a candidate who favors abortion rights. ``It will leave me,'' Keyes said of the party. ``I will not leave it.''

Read the rest here:

http://www.euthanasia.com/keyes2.html

I couldn't agree more with Alan Keyes on this issue.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So?... we vote third party or stay our butts home... this does not translate into a justified vote for Obama. Sorry...

The only way I would have to give serious thought to who I voted for was if I was in a blue zone or a up for grabs zone... then my vote for would be a vote against, so no sin involved.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.