Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
you lucky thing! I couldn't afford to watch it
He won in the 10th. Although the writing was on the wall in the 9th (maybe sooner). What a fight!

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟38,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Expected, but crappy. McGregor was man enough to take Mayweather on in his sport, but Mayweather will never be man enough to try MMA.
I'm not sure man enough is the right phrase.

Mayweather has never trained for MMA. Some UFC fighters train in boxing.

Also, he's 40. Not 29.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah well he wasn't man enough to stand toe to toe with Manny Pacquiao. I will say tho that he can run like a track star. Junkee Pacquiao didn't look very happy during the fight. I think she was getting jealous of all the hugs Mayweather kept giving her husband. That's all he did against Pacquiao was run hug run hug. I still can't believe he won by decision. The score cards didn't look anywhere near what I thought they would be. For those who don't know Pacquiao he's a Christian and since I go to a Filipino Christian church we never miss a Pacquiao fight. Below is a clip from the fight.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It went exactly as I thought it would. McGregor's cardio is terrible, even in the UFC and I knew that he would be gassed by the 3rd or 4th round and that is what happened. Mayweather didn't do much damage to him at all, he simply outlasted him.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
what a load of .......
BN-LI395_FOEMCG_1000V_20151118132505.jpg

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Expected, but crappy. McGregor was man enough to take Mayweather on in his sport, but Mayweather will never be man enough to try MMA.

It's much harder or takes much longer for a boxer to be good at MMA than for an MMA to be good in boxing.

Boxing is also learned in MMA but there are many elements of MMA not taught in boxing.

So it's actually reasonable and logical for Mayweather to turn down the challenge to fight MMA.

It might make Mayweather less of a man not to try MMA but he knows he'll lose if he takes up that challenge, at least he's thinking!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
"McGregor brought potential power, awkward movement and a mindset a lot of boxers can’t reproduce but in the end those attributes don’t make an amazing boxer. Mayweather’s speed, timing and tactical potshots were enough to hold McGregor at bay, so much so that he couldn’t really show off his perceived strengths."

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A lot of people are saying the stoppage was early. There was a collective groan where I was watching it when the ref called it.
It looked like Mayweather was hurt with a body shot and the ref broke up the fight before Mcgreggor could capitalize. I could be wrong but that's what i saw.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It looked like Mayweather was hurt with a body shot and the ref broke up the fight before Mcgreggor could capitalize. I could be wrong but that's what i saw.
Mayweather didn't look hurt to me. I can see why the ref called it, McGregor didn't get his hands up and was on the ropes. He was reeling from Mayweather's two big shots. I'm sure that Mayweather would have knocked him out in that round or possibly the next if the match had continued.

Reactions: OwainK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mayweather didn't look hurt to me. I can see why the ref called it, McGregor didn't get his hands up and was on the ropes. He was reeling from Mayweather's two big shots. I'm sure that Mayweather would have knocked him out in that round or possibly the next if the match had continued.

This happened before Mayweather got him on the ropes.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people are saying the stoppage was early. There was a collective groan where I was watching it when the ref called it.

Unless you wanted to watch McGregor get seriously injured, the stoppage was appropriate.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It went exactly as I thought it would. McGregor's cardio is terrible, even in the UFC and I knew that he would be gassed by the 3rd or 4th round and that is what happened. Mayweather didn't do much damage to him at all, he simply outlasted him.

Not exactly the smartest training regime if he didn't anticipate needing stamina.

Upvote 0