Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There is no difference. You, like me, are a sinner. Your sin is no less than the sin of any other man. To think otherwise is to delude yourself.

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1-2

Jesus preached acceptance, acceptance that we are all sinners and have no right to judge anyone else for their sin.
We must interpret scripture with scripture. John 7:24 tells us to judge with righteous judgment. In other words we judge against the light of scripture. Jesus in no way taught us to put up with flagrant public sins, the church is instructed to discipline members who are engaged in unrepentant sin, particularly public sins. Paul is very clear in this, telling us to use scripture for reproof.

In the case of Mayor Pete, we have an unrepentant homosexual who is clearly and publicly defying God's law by entering into an unbiblical marriage with another man. Christians have no business voting for such a man.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have to ACCEPT that we are all sinners and need Jesus. Jesus forgave the woman. We don't know what Jesus is doing with Pete. We can't judge his heart. We all sin. Who are we to judge others? Who are we to cast the first stone. Are we so pure? If you decide to judge him, what makes him more sinful than Trump?

I am not judging anyone. I am speaking of the Gospel message you referred to. I don't believe that either Mr. Buttigieg or Mr. Trump or any other individual were mentioned by me.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only if Christian moderates utterly abandon scripture in order to justify voting for a pro-abortion sodomite.

Seems that won't get many Church people's vote.
M

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We must interpret scripture with scripture. John 7:24 tells us to judge with righteous judgment. In other words we judge against the light of scripture. Jesus in no way taught us to put up with flagrant public sins, the church is instructed to discipline members who are engaged in unrepentant sin, particularly public sins. Paul is very clear in this, telling us to use scripture for reproof.

In the case of Mayor Pete, we have an unrepentant homosexual who is clearly and publicly defying God's law by entering into an unbiblical marriage with another man. Christians have no business voting for such a man.
again would you be good with Pete if he were to lie about who is is and lie about his marriage and his family

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
again would you be good with Pete if he were to lie about who is is and lie about his marriage and his family
I'll never be good with someone like Mayor Pete. He's pro-abortion and a tax and spend liberal. He was never getting my vote.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,620.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'll never be good with someone like Mayor Pete. He's pro-abortion and a tax and spend liberal. He was never getting my vote.
Are people (especially Christians) out in the street demanding leaders who will love all as self or are they simply thinking they have a democracy because they are allowed to chose between two sides that both refuse to serve anybody but self?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
yet until this point all you have done is spew sewage and attack him because he is a member of a minority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Monority. And the fact he is a member of a minority group is the single thing you have been spewing filth about him
Since when does being a member of a minority group bar someone from any and all critique? Where is that in scripture? We are to judge with righteous judgment, against the light of scripture. Mayor Pete is living in flagrant violation of God's word, I don't care what minority group he's part of if he's living contrary to scripture it deserves to be called out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
the bible lists over 90 abominations including remarriage after divorce. But i bet you give Trump a free pass on that and his denial of God's law and his celebration of an abomination

Lynn Lavner wrote --- The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they seem to need more supervision.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
My sense is that almost all the people who would have a problem with a gay candidate will vote for Trump in any case (not necessarily just for that reason, but for one reason or another). I think there are other concerns about Pete though.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Mayor Pete claims to be a Christian, so he's a member of the church somewhere. I see no reason why we cannot call out his wickedness and more to the point I see no reason not to call out Christians for voting for someone who flagrantly sins against God as Mayor Pete does.
He's Episcopal. He's a member of, and was married in, the Cathedral of St. James, South Bend, Indiana.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lynn Lavner wrote --- The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they seem to need more supervision.

Isn't it ironic how conservatives are judging Mayor Pete for his sins and insisting that they won't vote for him because he's gay? Why aren't we hearing "No one is sinless!"? Why aren't we hearing "Don't judge!" and "Christians shouldn't judge people for their sins!"? Why this apparent change of heart? It couldn't be because he's a Democrat, could it? On a side note, I would take Trump's remark on voting for a gay candidate with a grain of salt. He's flip-flopped on LGBT rights since his 2016 campaign.

Trump reveals he would vote for a gay presidential candidate

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2019
Somewhere
✟30,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many events will have to take place for Pete Buttigieg to get the nomination, but I want to focus on only one. Will he be able to produce a large showing among Christian moderates?
Not me. I'm anti-abortion all the way. I can be somewhat flexible on other political issues though.

Upvote 0