• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Mayor Pete to President Pete

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Thomas White, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Thomas White

Thomas White Member

+108
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    Many events will have to take place for Pete Buttigieg to get the nomination, but I want to focus on only one. Will he be able to produce a large showing among Christian moderates?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+32,227
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Think his issue is diversity of the the vote. He’s polling third or forth in SC. Biden still shows leading by a larger margin there. Pete has to show strength in the South.

3. Thomas White

Thomas White Member

+108
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    I think everything will change in the South. I don't know if it will be enough to help Biden. I really don't think Biden or Sanders can beat Trump. They give Trump too much ammunition.

4. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+2,658
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Are you thinking Pete can beat Donald if maybe Trump will mock Pete's sexuality and the backlash may affect Trump's prospects?

5. Thomas White

Thomas White Member

+108
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    The people who would vote against him for his sexuality are already voting for Trump.

6. timothyu

+2,658
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    True but it also would stir up voters too lazy ordinarily to vote. And as for those who would agree with Trump, I'll bet none of them saw Don kneeling and drawing in the dirt and then saying I don't condemn you, go and sin no more.

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+2,991
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    On my paper route, there is a house with a banner that reads, "Democrats for Trump." I don't think that anyone wants the return of jobs to stop; at least, no sooner than it has to.

8. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,497
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Trump doesn't need to mock his sexuality, just his name, his record, his positions, and his relative inexperience.

9. timothyu

+2,658
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    But knowing Trump he'll take the first.

10. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,018
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    I doubt it. Trump appointed Grennell as ambassador to Germany, our first openly gay ambassador (who's doing a good job, btw). Trump is advocating on the world stage to have countries remove persecution against gays. On what grounds then would he attack Buttagieg's gayness?

Besides, I think he's smarter than that. There's plenty to go after besides PB's sexual inclinations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. timothyu

+2,658
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Election no holds barred mockery of a threat to the throne plus his love of insulting nicknames.

12. Quartermaine

Quartermaine Well-Known Member

+384
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    all of these including sex are what people mock Trump about

13. Thomas White

Thomas White Member

+108
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    What? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

14. Thomas White

Thomas White Member

+108
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    If Trump thinks it will help him win, he will do it. The win is all that matters to him.

15. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+476
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Only if Christian moderates utterly abandon scripture in order to justify voting for a pro-abortion sodomite.

16. Thomas White

Thomas White Member

+108
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    I can truthfully say that there was not a hint of love or acceptance on that sentence.

17. Redwingfan9

+476
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    There is no love in accepting that which is evil. Mayor Pete needs to repent and leave homosexual conduct in the past. Christians have no business denying God's law and celebrating that which God calls an abomination.

18. timothyu

+2,658
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Do you fear who the first lady might be?

19. Redwingfan9

+476
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    We aren't electing first ladies, we are electing a president.

20. timothyu

+2,658
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    One comes with the other. Do you fear his?