Mayor Pete or Community Organizer Obama - you be the judge.

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Twitter

Video shows the two side by side saying the exact same phrases, dressing almost the same right to the rolled up sleeves.
Most all the guys wear a white shirt and tie so that means nothing. Not sure what the rolling up of the sleeves are meant to signify, you might ask Jim Jordon about that one.

However, it's deceptive to overlay one speaking over the other because at times they weren't even talking about the same thing when taken in the context in their speech. There are other phrases that have been used over and over by candidates on both sides of the aisle. "the shining light on the hill", "that's a fact", "brings us together", "this country was built"...
By having them talking over each other, it's hard to sort out, and whoever put it together knew that.
Technology can be used for very good things and it can be used for very deceptive things.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟657,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Twitter

Video shows the two side by side saying the exact same phrases, dressing almost the same right to the rolled up sleeves.

I assume that you get your info from rightist radio when you call Barack Obama a "community organizer."

Barack Obama was a Professor of Constitutional Law at a Law School before he was elected as Senator from Illinois.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I assume that you get your info from rightist radio when you call Barack Obama a "community organizer."

Barack Obama was a Professor of Constitutional Law at a Law School before he was elected as Senator from Illinois.
Thank you! Some bots need to be reprogrammed.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

There's also more than a little derision apparent in the focus on the job of Community Organizer, which is just a type of social worker. Perhaps if red communities had more folks doing that sort of work, they wouldn't be so miserable.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

He was also the head of the Harvard Law Review.

Trump only got an undergrad degree & had to use family connections to even transfer into the college. He had his personal attorney threaten the schools to not ever release his transcripts (they can't w/o permission anyway bc of the law but he was that paranoid) but some.....hilariously believe his claim that his grades were perfect. Like the claim the call was perfect when only an edited transcript was released & he lacked the courage to testify under oath or allow others w 1st hand knowledge about it to.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Could you please point me to his published, scholarly works on "Constitutional Law"?

• Informative
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He had his personal attorney threaten the schools to not ever release his transcripts (they can't w/o permission anyway bc of the law but he was that paranoid)

Pssst Obama has never allowed his transcripts to be released either. What is he afraid of?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Concerning Barack Obama as a "Professor of Constitutional Law":

Can anyone point me to his published, scholarly works?

I’m not aware he published anything after law school. Why?

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’m not aware he published anything after law school. Why?

Don’t professors publish? If he has expertise in Constitutional Law I’d like to read his writings on the matter. Unfortunately you can’t point me to them. Perhaps someone else can.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟657,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Could you please point me to his published, scholarly works on "Constitutional Law"?

Concerning Barack Obama as a "Professor of Constitutional Law":

Can anyone point me to his published, scholarly works?

I could just say to look it up if you're interested, but I'll attempt an answer.

The following quotes are from JDReview. In case you didn't catch that, JD stands for Juridicial Doctor.

"Fun Fact: Did you know that Obama was the first sitting president to publish an academic paper?"

"For example, while teaching a class on districting and campaign financing, Obama helped to create a leading casebook in the field. He also improvised his own textbook for his political seminar on racism and law."

"Barack proudly ended his Harvard schooling with a J.D. magna cum laude, when he moved to live in Chicago."

"For those who are unaware, Barack worked as a lecturer for 12 years at the University of Chicago and was well liked by students across campus. His classes were engaging and challenging; leaving students even more excited to come to the next class."

"Obama first began class at Harvard University in 1988. Within his first year at the college, he was selected to be an editor for the Harvard Law Review, based on his academic achievement and an impressive writing submission. The very next year, he made headlines as the first black president of the publication. "

Link
Barack Obama: From President to Law School Professor? | JDJournal

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the record:

UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,116.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Don’t professors publish? If he has expertise in Constitutional Law I’d like to read his writings on the matter. Unfortunately you can’t point me to them. Perhaps someone else can.
Not always the case with law professors actually. It's not as much a publish or perish type of culture as most academia.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For the record:

UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?
Hmm, looks like another thread where we might reasonably expect a retraction of the OP.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pssst Obama has never allowed his transcripts to be released either. What is he afraid of?
I doubt he's afraid of very much in that respect being as he graduated Harvard Law magna cum laude. ^_^

Upvote 0