Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This isn’t the place to list every objection I might have to Mayor Bloomberg’s policies, but most notable is his unwavering stance in favor of abortion. Making it worse is that Bloomberg is a high-profile member of the Republican Party, which has become the pro-life party in America.Read More »

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,055.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When Bloomberg decided to run for Mayor of NY, he had the choice of running as a Democrat and fighting for the Democratic nomination against 7 or 8 others, or running uncontested in a Republican primary.

And so the lifelong Democrat joined the Republican Party, let the Democrats duke it out in the primary, and ran against the winner.

Do you really think a "real" Republican could win a mayoral election in NYC? Or any other big American city? (Even Salt Lake City?)

Everyone knew he was a RINO from the git-go...if he hadn't have been a RINO, he would have lost in a landslide.

That being said, I think he has done an extraordinary job, that he really cares about the people in my hometown, and that he is a good, generous person.

His sensible position on immigration, for example. In Alabama, native born American children will be denied food stamps if their parents are illegals (presuming this will provide constitutional challenges.) In NYC, illegals are deported if they're felons. If they're not felons, they are almost always hard working people contributing to the vitality of this extraordinary city, and they're left alone.

Hmmmmmmm.....if I had to pick the "Christian" position between Alabama and NYC, led by Mayor Bloomberg, a Jew, I wouldn't have a moment's pause.

Alabama's position--starve the American born children. Bloomberg's--welcome the hard-working immigrants who are building the city.

Once again, the self-proclaimed "Christians" fail the "creepy" test.

P.S. I am completely unconcerned that he is supporting mammograms and pap smears. What a charitable human being.

Last edited:
Upvote 0