Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi! While my primary church isn't a Restoration Movement church, I have a lot of interest in RM practice and teaching. I am very much interested in NT practices, from which I believe modern Christianity has fallen away. I attend a Friends church (aka Quakers). The slogan "no Creed but Christ" strikes me as a good standard of Christianity. (In fact, my own church has no creed at all, and there are members who would not describe themselves as Christians; I figure as long as they're feeding the hungry, I'm not going to quibble over terms.)

I am wondering if the folks whose home forum this is would be willing to let me "join" and engage in discussion and debate. Honestly, the main thing I like about the Congregation forums is the chance to discuss doctrinal issues with other people who don't necessarily agree with me, and of the Congregation forums, this looks like the one most receptive to the notion that we don't have to all think the same thing to benefit from a debate!

So, I'm opening a poll. I'm including a "non-RM" option in the poll for people who just want to see the poll results. :) Please let me know what you think.

(edit: remove "poll forthcoming" verbiage, now that poll is working)

cremi

Chief Executive Domestic Education Diva
Nov 3, 2005
Texas
✟9,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
seebs said:
(poll forthcoming, if it isn't there already)

Hi! While my primary church isn't a Restoration Movement church, I have a lot of interest in RM practice and teaching. I am very much interested in NT practices, from which I believe modern Christianity has fallen away. I attend a Friends church (aka Quakers). The slogan "no Creed but Christ" strikes me as a good standard of Christianity. (In fact, my own church has no creed at all, and there are members who would not describe themselves as Christians; I figure as long as they're feeding the hungry, I'm not going to quibble over terms.)

I am wondering if the folks whose home forum this is would be willing to let me "join" and engage in discussion and debate. Honestly, the main thing I like about the Congregation forums is the chance to discuss doctrinal issues with other people who don't necessarily agree with me, and of the Congregation forums, this looks like the one most receptive to the notion that we don't have to all think the same thing to benefit from a debate!

So, I'm opening a poll. I'm including a "non-RM" option in the poll for people who just want to see the poll results. :) Please let me know what you think.
I think you know already that I'm fine with it, but just to reitterate, come join us!:)

Upvote 0