Hockley
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i really want to get into riding motorcycles and the brand i want is a honda rebel

it is like the gold standard for beginner bikes
ive been planning to get one for a while and today all of a sudden my mind thinks "rebel"

does that make me a bad christian or something for buying something with the word rebel on it?
i dont know if im being convicted or something
because "rebellion" isnt good.

please answer
am i overthinking?

You are overthinking.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i really want to get into riding motorcycles and the brand i want is a honda rebel

ive been planning to get one for a while and today all of a sudden my mind thinks "rebel"

does that make me a bad christian or something for buying something with the word rebel on it?

please answer
am i overthinking?
As one who rode motorcycles most of his life, my response is:

1. The fact you have to ask this makes me question if a motorcycle is right for you. Survival on two wheels in the street requires advanced cognitive processing (you have to think fast, correctly, and unwaveringly).

2. Dress for the crash, not for the ride

3. Register as an organ donor

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟883,234.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

please answer
am i overthinking?

I think it's important what it says on my clothes. It's crazy what symbols and signs the world puts on stuff. I was about to buy an innocent Marvel Dr. Strange T-shirt. Then I read the text. It said something like: "A child was born into the world, the magician, the saviour." Not a very good message, right?

For some reason you don't like that it says "rebel". I think there is reason for it and that you should listen to that voice. Now, a good solution is to get the motorbike and put a sticker over the text or something, or get a paintjob done.

Edit: Why not make it into an evangelizing MC, changing the text to something in lines of "Jesus is saviour" ;)

Christ love,
P

Last edited:
Reactions: th1bill
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

please answer
am i overthinking?
I own a Canon Rebel... didn't think twice about the name and neither should you. if you want to put a twist on it since the way of the world (sinful ways) are the norm you can say you "rebel" again the world or "rebel" again sin. Christianity is not the norm today and it is very much counter-cultural which really is just a buzz word for rebel.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

please answer
am i overthinking?
Christians are good rebels. Others are bad rebels.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

please answer
am i overthinking?
At least it is not a name like Nova, which in Latin countries did not sell well because in Spanish that means No Go.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

please answer
am i overthinking?
I had a 350 cc bike when I was poor. I was out of work a month after a minor accident. I would not want one again. People hate the noise. One landlord made a law against motorcycles. I had a couple of weeks to move. The HOA where I live now does not allow them.

Correction: I had a Honda CM400A.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

please answer
am i overthinking?
You are not overthinking.....and you should think about this also:

You are about to get on a very fast motor that will launch you through the air act very high speeds around heavy metal moving objects going the same speed as you or faster...... and it will be very hard for them to see you.

If your main concern now, or a concern while on this motor will be, the letters displays on this motor.......maybe you should reconsider getting one.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

please answer
am i overthinking?

I Corinthians 8.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟67,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

please answer
am i overthinking?
Josh, at 74 I do not ride any more. The Rebel, on it's early stage was a beautiful "pre-chopped" Harley looking bike. The 1100cc my friend bought almost got me killed as did many other of my own overpowered rides.

My young brother purchased the Rebel with a 750cc and after a bad case of Road Rash he sold it for the remaining debt. My good friend and I had recovered from many cases of sevier road rash but my little brother was not built to earn the big dollars of being a carpenter that sweats into open wounds all day... some aren't.

Another thing, it is not true that all One Percenters are filthy with tats. I am bu6t that is my issue that as a Christian Convert, saved by the Extreme Grace of Yashuah ha'Mashiah, you likely know Him by the Greek Translation, Jesus, the Christ.

Not knowing if you are a Vet or not but I have met many wearing a 1% Patch that were not and, thus, did not deserve it. I pray you are not headed there because it seems to be Dope these days.

As a Christian my beard and, LOL, my hair no longer drape below my hip pocket line, yeah, the aqvatar pic is me and is recent. The glasses will disappear after an operation this month and one on the right eye, early, next month.

Back to the point. I tend to digress at times. A good first year Moitor is a 250 and add a little pea gravel and your Road Rash will not hurt any less but the Damage repair to you and the Bike will not cost nearly as much.

If you plan to ride with an Angels or a Bandido club, buy a Snub Nose S&W and nothing smaller than an 1100 four cycle. But with the
Defense System it is entirely to easy to forget you are a Follower of The Christ.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

please answer
am i overthinking?

My dad had a job where he would be part of seeing the clean up of motorcycle accidents. Needless to say his telling me the stories was enough to discourage me from ever riding one of those two wheels of death before.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad had a job where he would be part of seeing the clean up of motorcycle accidents. Needless to say his telling me the stories was enough to discourage me from ever riding one of those two wheels of death before.

I have colleagues who work emergency rooms. Their term for bikers is "organ donors", both for the hazards of riding and how remarkably often they have that box checked on their license.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

please answer
am i overthinking?

My thought is... why tempt God to protect you in being turned into road pizza when you don’t have to? A person can buy a beater car and have more protection in being in an accident. Unless you live on an island with a 25mph speed limit, I believe it is an unnecessary risk.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

please answer
am i overthinking?
HAVE FUN READING some of the links below(or none of them) !
(get serious later together in prayer at peace with your wife as Jesus says so your prayers are not hindered)
'Jesus Was a Rebel' | Christianity Today

https://www.christianitytoday.com › februaryweb-only › 18-22.0.html

Feb 23, 2010 - "Jesus was a rebel" is a favorite slogan of Christian pastors and authors trying to "reach twentysomethings," as they say. The logic? 1) Young ...
Jesus isn't the rebel you think He is

https://blogs.lcms.org › 2017 › Jesus isn’t the rebel you think He is

Dec 8, 2017 - by Joshua Theilen. Some people read the Bible and see Jesus as a rebel. Even a quick Google search reveals that the notion that Jesus Christ ...
Was Jesus a rebel? | News24

https://www.news24.com › MyNews24 › Was-Jesus-a-rebel-20140312

Mar 13, 2014 - Jesus the son of Joseph (or Yeshua ben Yosef, hereafter referred to as Yeshua) as we know lived in Israel in the 1st century. As mentioned ...
Jesus the Rebel - Fairview Park Church of Christ

https://fairviewparkchurch.com › articles-menu › jesus › 61-jesus-the-rebel

Jun 19, 2012 - It might surprise you to think of Jesus as a rebel. Popular conceptions of our Lord tend to soften him up and send a message that Jesus was ..."

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

please answer
am i overthinking?
on second thought, do you know anyone who is hungry or needs clothes ?
Take care of them first.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've had a lot of bikes and black is my favorite color. If you happen to buy black you can just paint over the rebel lettering.

Honda is one of my favorite brands and I have owned several -- you can't wear them out.

Harley Davidson's are very cool when they are running good.

M
no resell value if that is done

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
no resell value if that is done

Well most of us were Rebels before being Born Again. Leave it on there possibly?

No one in my Church would think twice regarding that. Just the name of a model.

Johnny Cash was sort of a rebel.
Wonder what he would have thought.
He read the New Testament on CDs
wife bought for me -- excellent.
M-Bob

Upvote 0