• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

May 24th Pentecost Rapture?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Purple Hyacinth, May 19, 2015.

1. Purple Hyacinth

Purple Hyacinth John 3:16

+5
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Reading a lot about folks believing the Rapture is this weekend? Thoughts??

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. random person

random person 1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20

+220
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Democrat
    What is the reasoning?

Here read a series of posts I made in this thread starting with this post here:

the 1 thessalonians 4:13-17 poll thread

3. Dave Watchman

Dave Watchman Well-Known Member

+568
    Christian
    I never heard that one before, yea what's the reasoning behind it.

I thought it was going to be last weekend so I nearly took a stroke. I was going in to every store like I'd never get another chance. I loaded up on fishing poles, potatoes and powdered milk. Potatoes are easy to grow and store for 6 months in the basement. I can feed the cats on sunfish from the lake. My girls are obligate carnivores, they'll eat everything, there's good calcium in them bones.

I think that the deadline will be the first couple of days in June, between now and then. If the censer is cast down we may still have a small amount of time to buy supplies, maybe a few days, so don't delay.

4. dfw69

dfw69 Senior Veteran

+722
    Christian
    Married
    I don't think so....I personally dont believe the rapture is gonna catch his people by surprise...but an announcement will be made prior to the rapture ...God always announce his comings to his people in some manner

5. Straightshot

Straightshot Member

+293
    Christian
    The Lord has not revealed the dating .... so no one can know

When He does intervene to call His ecclesia home there will be no warning or signs

Make certain that you are ready .... it could happen before this day is over

[Matthew 25:1-13]

Some will be [Revelation 3:10]

Many will not be [Revelation 3:9-15]

6. Echolipse

Echolipse Watcher and Studier

+63
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others

Haha! Thank you man, you gave me a good laugh there!

7. dfw69

dfw69 Senior Veteran

+722
    Christian
    Married
    I find it hard to believe Jesus is gonna rapture the church with no warning...it is not like God to not announce the event....

Example....Moses when he was leading the people to mt Sinai ....the people were told God would reveal himself to them....they were given special instructions in preparation for the meeting between God and man...for 3 days they must wash Thierry clothes and not have intercourse. ..the must not touch the mountain....nor gaze on the Lord....then the Lord appeared on the mountain and spoke 10 words. ....just as God prepared the people then ...he will prepare us to meet him...in the future...

It says in the last days God will pour out his spirit ...it is his spirit that will prepare us ...imo

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  8. Messy

Messy Well-Known Member

+1,983
    Christian
    Single
    Impossible, the 25th is my birthday.

9. dfw69

dfw69 Senior Veteran

+722
    Christian
    Married

it's a party at messy house...happy early birthday :pizza::hamburger::)

10. Straightshot

Straightshot Member

+293
    Christian
    "I find it hard to believe Jesus is gonna rapture the church with no warning"

Why would He have to warn you?

Are you not ready?

A thief gives no warning .... and when He leaves make certain that you are going to be with Him .... He has already given you the promise

.... He should not have to warn you

Last minute prep is not a good idea [Matthew 25:1-13]

11. dfw69

dfw69 Senior Veteran

+722
    Christian
    Married
    well what if I get behind a semi...and I disappear...the truck then heads for a group of nuns....:)....I don't believe it's gonna go down that way homie....

...How do you make yourself ready for such an event such as the rapture?..that's my point ......do you know something I don't?...if so....give me the preparation instructions ...

Jesus does not come 'like a thief' when the rapture happens ....a thief comes to kill steal and destroy...Jesus comes as a thief during his second coming....but not during the rapture....two different events my friend....two different harvest days ....

Yes....but the instructions and preparations not so much..

Why not?...do you being Lord over your house prepare your household before a tornado comes if you hear on the news that a tornado warning has been issued?.....Texas weather analogy:)

EXACTLY..

Matt 25 is referring to the second coming....the rapture is before the second coming...

Last edited: May 20, 2015