• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

May 21 - the feast of Blessed Franz Jägerstätter

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Fenwick, May 22, 2020 at 6:16 PM.

1. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+7,754
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yesterday I had the strange compulsion to watch the new Terrence Malick film A Hidden Life. A biopic about Blessed Franz Jägerstätter, an Austrian conscientious objector who was sentenced to death and subsequently executed for his refusal to swear an Oath of Allegiance to Adolf Hitler and fight for Nazi Germany. Pope Benedict XVI declared him a martyr, and he was beatified by the Church on October 26, 2007.

I found out later that night that yesterday (May 21) also happens to be his feast day, which I found interesting given the strong sense that came out of nowhere that I should watch the movie—thinking it might offer some inspiration to the faith in this... alarming... time.

The movie is available to rent or buy on Amazon Prime. For those who aren't familiar with the movie, here's the trailer:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. zippy2006

zippy2006 Dragonsworn

+1,748
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Nice! How was it? I've been waiting in line at the library for this film for 6 months, and I was finally at the front of the line when Covid hit. ^_^